Night heater not working worth a VOR or not?

Now I dont know about the new ones but back in the days when they 1st came out there was a reset button on the top under a rubber grommit, I suppose it was like a pop out cut out. Mind like I said that was when we fueled them with wood and coal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 things spring to mind here.

1.Would the boss sleep with his windows open in his house in the winter?

2.Surely there is an H&S issue here.Offices have to be heated to a 16deg min.Does this apply to trucks?

Ken.

Quinny:
2.Surely there is an H&S issue here.Offices have to be heated to a 16deg min.Does this apply to trucks?

Ken.

certainly don’t apply to bus cabs, therefore i would assume that it doesnt apply to trucks either.

moan,moan,.moan what are drivers coming to!!! these days “,big softies” my n/heater dont work, then its my radio dont work, my electric mirrors dont work!!!blarrr blarrrrs ,blarrrrrr, when sleeper cabs 1st came out there wasnt no n/heaters what did you do then!!! moan no you was happy just to get a sleeper cab :wink:should always have a extra supply of blanlets etc
but thats just me i guess, daz

globby 480:
moan,moan,.moan what are drivers coming to!!! these days “,big softies” my n/heater dont work, then its my radio dont work, my electric mirrors dont work!!!blarrr blarrrrs ,blarrrrrr, when sleeper cabs 1st came out there wasnt no n/heaters what did you do then!!! moan no you was happy just to get a sleeper cab :wink:should always have a extra supply of blanlets etc

spot on globby,and as per quinnys reply…i wondered how long it would be before the “h&s police” got involved…and we wonder why so many other european drivers are doing our jobs!!rant over :imp:

If you really find it a problem that your bunk heater isn’t working why don’t you just idle your engine and use your normal truck heating?
We have to do that as a matter of course when its really cold here.
You say that you switch your bunk heater off when you go to bed so in that case it would only be for a couple of hours anyway. I appreciate that diesel costs stupid money in the UK but it would be better than knocking work back.

Most drivers would ring the breakdown guys if the night heater packed up on them.

Deffo a VOR defect for sure, unreasonable for your boss to expect to do nights out without one.

andy bilton:

globby 480:

spot on globby,and as per quinnys reply…i wondered how long it would be before the “h&s police” got involved…and we wonder why so many other european drivers are doing our jobs!!rant over :imp:

:wink: :wink: :wink: andy,
would the driver moan if he had a choice no n/heater or made redundant ■■? i think most would take the no n/heater route!!! the state the country is now in!!!,
h&s police :imp: are a waste of time you carnt lift this carnt do this and that and the other and we wounder why we are been slowly been taken over as andy says by european drivers etc, to many STUIP"D
silly law"s in this country, which has worked for years upon years before the jobs for the lazy boys were and are made h&s esp!!!

Its not a VOR - Vehicle Off Road, meaning Vehicle unsafe to use. But it is a defect, and should be fixed promptly.

Lankytim:
Most drivers would ring the breakdown guys if the night heater packed up on them.

Deffo a VOR defect for sure, unreasonable for your boss to expect to do nights out without one.

why is it unreasonable lankytim, because your not tostie warm in bed,
:angry: ring breakdown guys? lordy lordy, they would defo be rining the job centre the next morning when they got back in the yard if it was me! that i could tell you,
sounds like most drivers these days are treated like big babies,and pamperd instead of getting on with the job they are supposed to be doing

DAFMAD:
Its not a VOR - Vehicle Off Road, meaning Vehicle unsafe to use. But it is a defect, and should be fixed promptly.[/quote

mmmh a defect “narr” does it affect road safety???or the correct workings of the truck “NO”
so it doesnt have to be fixed promptly, there is no rules regarding n/heaters working or not and the factory act of temps/heat in buildings etc, does not apply to trucks, buses, so basically a boss doesnt have to FIX it if he doesnt want to !! he will fix but i wounder why■■? its to stop you big babies from crying because your sleeping bag zip is to cold for you on your skin in the mornings :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s nothing to do with the “H&S Police” as you’re all jumping up and down about, it’s to do with being comfortable so that you can actually sleep and yes, Ken makes a good point about would the gaffer sleep in his house in winter with all the windows open, because that is about the nearest comparison you’ll get in terms of temperature.

I’ve had nuff arguments in my time with TMs over non-working night heaters and I only ever had one place that actually bothered to fix it. Doesn’t really bother me either way if they fix it or not because whatever option they choose I’ll be making 100% sure that I’m warm in the cab and if that means leaving the engine running all night and wasting 10-20 litres of diesel then so be it; they’re paying the fuel bill not me.

Bloody hell…whats ganna happen if it gets cold? Proper cold i mean, not chilly!!

Rob K:
It’s nothing to do with the “H&S Police” as you’re all jumping up and down about, it’s to do with being comfortable so that you can actually sleep and yes, Ken makes a good point about would the gaffer sleep in his house in winter with all the windows open, because that is about the nearest comparison you’ll get in terms of temperature.

I’ve had nuff arguments in my time with TMs over non-working night heaters and I only ever had one place that actually bothered to fix it. Doesn’t really bother me either way if they fix it or not because whatever option they choose I’ll be making 100% sure that I’m warm in the cab and if that means leaving the engine running all night and wasting 10-20 litres of diesel then so be it; they’re paying the fuel bill not me.

Hear hear Rob, couldn’t agree with you more. :smiley: No night heater and you are doing nights out, what the … is that all about. :imp: :smiling_imp:
Ttell the TM and if he says something on the lines of “tough” then just throw it back in his face and let him know that the engine will be running all night to keep the cab warm :wink: :wink:

why dont you get a bird to share your bed to keep you warm

Koop:
Bloody hell…whats ganna happen if it gets cold? Proper cold i mean, not chilly!!

don’t worry fella, if you’re parked up next to globby or any of the other tight ct boss’s, give them a knock, you never know they might swap because it doesn’t matter if the night heaters not working, right tight ct’s??

someone mentioned its not dangerous or effects the running of the truck, b0ll0cks, the drivers the biggest part of keeping a truck safe and a driver that had a crap nights sleep is far more dangerous than one that did get a good nights sleep. its not rocket science or H/S crap, just common sense - for the right of thinking anyway!

and for all the hero’s not wanting to move with the times that are fantasizing about the good old days when night heaters were just a pipe dream, we used to live in caves too - need i go on? well for all the hero’s proberly, we / people USED to do alot of things back in the day that are not acceptable now, as will things we do now won’t be in time - live in the now.

trucking generally has a problem attracting young, fresh blood, globby an co’s attitude isn’t really going to help things.

night out in a truck without a night heater or no job■■? if i worked for you (hypothetically here hero’s, so no need to get you’re whit excited coming up with “i wouldn’t have you”) i’d turn up for day runs or happily put my gear in another truck or take mind to be fixed, but i wouldn’t n/o - sack me, see what happens.

if it was my company and it needed doing then of course i’d n/o, but i defo wouldn’t expect an employee to do so. and yes i have slept in motors with no night heater working.

stevie

fuse:
why dont you get a bird to share your bed to keep you warm

I find phesants quite warm, swans are the best but once one broke my arm.

stevieboy308:
night out in a truck without a night heater or no job■■? if i worked for you (hypothetically here hero’s, so no need to get you’re whit excited coming up with “i wouldn’t have you”) i’d turn up for day runs or happily put my gear in another truck or take mind to be fixed, but i wouldn’t n/o - sack me, see what happens.

you’d be sacked you div, what else would happen :laughing:

if it was my company and it needed doing then of course i’d n/o, but i defo wouldn’t expect an employee to do so. and yes i have slept in motors with no night heater working.
stevie

you cant be an operator then, only a person who hasn’t done it would come out with that statement, you employ people to do what you’d do yourself.

globby 480:

Lankytim:

why is it unreasonable lankytim, because your not tostie warm in bed,
:angry: ring breakdown guys? lordy lordy, they would defo be rining the job centre the next morning when they got back in the yard if it was me! that i could tell you,
sounds like most drivers these days are treated like big babies,and pamperd instead of getting on with the job they are supposed to be doing

Yeah you’re right Mr Globby - all drivers should be ■■■-kissers like you!
After all there’s a credit crunch on, so all of us should let transport managers, company directors and the like, ■■■ all over us, and dictate to us anyway they feel, for fear of losing our jobs in any economic climate let alone the current one!

God forbid we should actually expect to be treated with at least a little bit of respect.

After reading your pathetic “when men WERE men” type posts on here, I’ve personally come to the conclusion Mr Blobby(sorry Globby) that you need to GO AND GET A LIFE (and some much needed self respect).

What a sad man you are.

for sale:chill pills & reality checks… :unamused: :laughing: