Night heater not working worth a VOR or not?

Last Tuesday parked up for the evening out side my drop in Stevenage, watched TV for a couple of hours, prepared some food etc. Later on in the evening, the temperature dropped and I decided to turn on the night heater, after about 5 minutes of whirring, it turned itself off without kicking any heat out, after much messing about still couldnt get it to work.

Had to do the rest of the week with no night heater, not really a problem once in bed as I never have it on anyway, but it made it very cold first thing in a morning, and at night. Kept the cab fairly warm by turning gas stove on every 30 mins or so and boiling the kettle, and brewing up.

Anyway you cant justify knocking a vehicle off the road just because night heater not working can you■■?

bugcos:
Last Tuesday parked up for the evening out side my drop in Stevenage, watched TV for a couple of hours, prepared some food etc. Later on in the evening, the temperature dropped and I decided to turn on the night heater, after about 5 minutes of whirring, it turned itself off without kicking any heat out, after much messing about still couldnt get it to work.

Had to do the rest of the week with no night heater, not really a problem once in bed as I never have it on anyway, but it made it very cold first thing in a morning, and at night. Kept the cab fairly warm by turning gas stove on every 30 mins or so and boiling the kettle, and brewing up.

Anyway you cant justify knocking a vehicle off the road just because night heater not working can you■■?

In this day and age would you buy a house with no central heating?

Must have been something going on last tuesday as I got to Thames Grain , Tilbury joined the queue at the fuel bunkers at 15.30 only to be told by the wagon infront that it was a 15.00 deadline after being assured by Frontier it was 16.00, anyway after many heated arguements followed the que down parked up turned telly on hit nightheater button sudden screach then nothing ,the end to a perfect day and frost on the inside in the morning , so perfect start to another day :cry:

bugcos:

defo for me.

got to be careful if your constantly using the gas stove to keep warp, you might not wake up do to co2 poisoning, vor it or don’t do any nights outs until its fixed

stevie

i dont know if you coudl vor it but it would be worth getting it sorted sharpish, the way the temperature is dropping now you might not wake up one morning.

you could look like han solo in the return of the jedi in the morning! :laughing: :laughing:

try mentioning to the boss you need a new wagon as your summer one is getting a bit cold on an evening. would he buy that■■?

did you have a look at where the heat blows out?
screw the cap of, and behind it, may be caked with dust and fluff, give it a good clean out, and night heater may start working again.

on a personal note, reckon i could see the week out without it, but, i’d get it in the garage, when next available.

depends on the firm u work for but personally i’d defect it and say something along the lines of no more nights out till its sorted which was what one of our lads did the morning he was due to go away on a 21 nighter to the continent wwithin the hour there was a mech on site and hehad to replace it as the original was fubar due to it not running properly for the last 6 months

if the air intake is blocked up with muck,try cleaning it,but it sounds like your glow plug aint igniting.ten minute job to replace,and not expensive.get it done,cos you dont want to keep waking up cold,you may feel knackered next day!!!

you should run n/heaters a few times during the summer aswell, as this is where a lot of damage is done not running durning the summer mths and with themit been stood it gets furred up inside etc and condensation inside it only takes 10 mins a few times in the summer to keep em it tip top condition!!!

globby 480:
you should run n/heaters a few times during the summer aswell, as this is where a lot of damage is done not running durning the summer mths and with themit been stood it gets furred up inside etc and condensation inside it only takes 10 mins a few times in the summer to keep em it tip top condition!!!

hes right,and run your air con in the winter as well for same reasons.

Its being fixed as I type, that was never an issue, but as the job Im on involves tramping, you can hardly come home midweek can you?

bugcos:
Its being fixed as I type, that was never an issue, but as the job Im on involves tramping, you can hardly come home midweek can you?

course you can,trouble is,i keep catching the milkman and or postman.does anyone else get their milk and post delivered at 8pm?.

buck73:
course you can,trouble is,i keep catching the milkman and or postman.does anyone else get their milk and post delivered at 8pm?.

I’d get it fixed ASAP cos of possible issues to my health and safety.
I’d be no good to myself or any boss if I’m suffering from hypothermia or pneumonia, so I think it would be common sense to get a night heater fixed PDQ.

Now, 8PM milk deliveries are one thing, but I always wondered how it was that we still had the same milkman after we’d moved up from London. Hmmm…:grimacing:

i’m assuming none of the persons replying so far are “own account” operators? i for one wouldn’t stand a motor just because a night heater was inop,what did people do years ago?don’t get me wrong i’d have the job done soon as back to base,but whatever next…“sorry gaffer can’t drive this,me heated seat ain’t working”…health n safety bla bla bla :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

andy bilton:
i’m assuming none of the persons replying so far are “own account” operators? i for one wouldn’t stand a motor just because a night heater was inop,what did people do years ago?don’t get me wrong i’d have the job done soon as back to base,but whatever next…“sorry gaffer can’t drive this,me heated seat ain’t working”…health n safety bla bla bla :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

my sentiments exactly, FFS Bug, get some more blankets in ya cab ya wuss :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why don’t you fix it?

limeyphil:
Why don’t you fix it?

who?

shuttlespanker:

limeyphil:
Why don’t you fix it?

who?

Whoever has a nightheater that dosn’t work.

limeyphil:

shuttlespanker:

limeyphil:
Why don’t you fix it?

who?

if you read the O/P last post on this thread, it is being fixed, he was just asking a question.

it sounds simple as to ask why doesn’t he fix it, if it was just a glow plug that was at fault, it is simple to fix, but the last 2 i have had fixed involved a complete strip down and refurbish :open_mouth:

for that you are looking at a minimum of £400 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:

limeyphil:

shuttlespanker:

limeyphil:
Why don’t you fix it?

who?

if you read the O/P last post on this thread, it is being fixed, he was just asking a question.

it sounds simple as to ask why doesn’t he fix it, if it was just a glow plug that was at fault, it is simple to fix, but the last 2 i have had fixed involved a complete strip down and refurbish :open_mouth:

for that you are looking at a minimum of £400 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’s why i asked “Why don’t you fix it?”

the answer could be.
“not my problem, i’m paid from the neck down”

or

“i gave it a go which kept me warm but no matter what i did, i just couldn’t sort it”