Night heater Any one else pre-set theirs?

I always this time of year even if I go home the night pre-set my night heater to come on 1-2hrs before I start so my cab is toasty :smiley:
Any one else do it and swear at them selves when they forget and it’s freezing the next morning ?

guilty as charged your honour!!!

Yes me to,warm cab dry Windows can’t beat it

Pansies !!!

I also use my wipers in the rain my lights in the dark my air con when it’s hot as well as my heater when it’s cold

I run the night heater all year to keep the moving parts working.
It is no good not switching it on from March until December to discover it won’t work .
I do the same for the air conditioning .
Raymundo, the last time you slept in a tin box was when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
This is Trucknet not Shipnet, you worry about your rusty old tug barges, we will worry about freezing in the cab .

Uncleskid:
I also use my wipers in the rain my lights in the dark my air con when it’s hot as well as my heater when it’s cold

Lights in the rain too i hope.
Air con if you’'ve got in the cab while wet.

toby1234abc:
I run the night heater all year to keep the moving parts working.
It is no good not switching it on from March until December to discover it won’t work .
I do the same for the air conditioning .
Raymundo, the last time you slept in a tin box was when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
This is Trucknet not Shipnet, you worry about your rusty old tug barges, we will worry about freezing in the cab .

Well that’s me told !! but just to put it right I did do a bit of driving while on leave from the ships but not ‘tug barges’ what ever they are !!
ps. as far as I am aware trucks (lorrys) had not been invented when dinosaurs reamed the earth, unless you know different Tobes

I don’t set a timer, but got the Volvo My Truck-app on my phone, so I can start it remotely. :smiley:

Cranking the old ■■■■■ over after a good dose of easy start, wait for the huge plumes of smoke to clear meanwhile tapping the air pressure gauge hearing the compressor rattling away revving the t1ts off it and wait 20 mins at least for warmish air to start blowing while scraping ice from the inside of the screen for fourteen shillings and sixpence a week… those were the days…but it was a good life… :grimacing:

warmish air after 20 mins??..obviously you must have been the gaffers ■■■■■ to have the best truck in the fleet?..some of us had to rough it. :slight_smile:

Heh heh!
with a 180 Gardner ? I doubt if it would run warm even with no oil or water and driving it across the Sahara!

But I do use the timer on the Scania, just for 40 mins or so before I’m due in.

Twoninety88:
Heh heh!
with a 180 Gardner ? I doubt if it would run warm even with no oil or water and driving it across the Sahara!

But I do use the timer on the Scania, just for 40 mins or so before I’m due in.

I used to kip in the 1 I had with the tarp over the windows to keep the frost off,which never worked anyway,then apart from revving it flatout and annoying everyone for 30 mins,id be lighting the camping gaz stove and holding it up there as well to scrape a big enough hole to get going with…brutal,but you never knew any better till you moved up the pecking order and got a better truck.

What make is used in trucks is it the evespacher d2

Confess i’ve tried to set the bloody thing but it appears you need a degree in computer science to work out how to program a MAN night heater :blush:

We had some idiot who left it on across a Christmas weekend, and didn’t bother to derv the tractor when finished with it before parking up.

Come in after the 3-4 day break, and it had run out of fuel.
The firm then disconnected the night heater (it was a simple on/off one) and we had to put up with a steamed up freezing cold cab for the rest of the winter, until I first got hold of it for the first time next March, and put it off the road for having a broken heater AND something else that provided an excuse to get it taken to the garage… Hehe! Better late than never eh?

Juddian:
Confess i’ve tried to set the bloody thing but it appears you need a degree in computer science to work out how to program a MAN night heater :blush:

With a MAN, I just find switching it on and off suffices. :sunglasses:

men-women-on-off-switch.jpg

Juddian:

I have the older control like this

nigh.jpg

I used to do it on my scania in a previous job but now I’m cab hopping on a daily basis I’ll be lucky if someone left any diesel in the bloody thing…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Finished my bit Friday morning and set mine to come on at 17:00 Sunday, ready for me strolling in at 18:00…I don’t like to be chilly so it’s only set at 20*…gets higher as winter creeps in!