nicking again

we have had have you stolen off your load,now its have you ever pinched diesel :question:

the reason i ask is i was on a break the other day at the cafe thats re opened on the a38 north at branston i awoke to find a local tipper driver (blue and grey livery) draining some deisel from his tanks into a couple of cannisters.

have you ever done it :question:

jon

I personaly have never had use, only ever had petrol cars

I know lots of mates who have had use, and helped themselves, but it was more from the yards pumps than sticking a tube in!

I know loads that do but I don’t think my car would appreciate it! :wink:

Would be pointless as it’s my diesel anyway. :smiley: :smiley: Not having a diesel car would be the other reason not to do it. I know a couple of guys who take jerry cans with them and fill them while getting fuel over the water to bring back for their cars, thing is after filling the cans they keep them in the cab, in the passenger side footwell. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Smelly or what?

Never have, never will do.

Basically if that’s the attitude you have to your workplace, you should be looking for another job.

■■
Jo

I have to agree with Jo, having only recently passed my test i found that most employers were not takin me on due to lack of experience whereas my current employer gave me a chance and always pays my wages in the bank each week and pays me a decent rate so even though i run a diesel car there’s no way i would repay his kindness by stealing from him :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Scan

psst! wanna buy a dodgy motor guv?

No never nicked diesel or even sold it to scum bag irish travellers.

Never nicked anything from a load either

I dont nick diesel or anything else as i learnt somrthing a long while ago that theft from your employer is a very severe offence and is looked on by the courts very badly as its classed as breach of trust beleive me i learned the hard way :blush:

simon

I almost did once…i had broken down on the m25…and this chap appeared from nowhere (as they do) said he had run out of fuel and could i give him enough to get him to the nearest garage, he was given a lift by someone else…when i said yes he dissapeared to the rear of the trailer where the van was parked and he and two others preceded to walk along the n/s verge with two 10 gallon cans each…i said you must think i`m a mug…what you want looks like 60 gallons…now F. right off before i call the old bill…never seen anyone run so fast…and yes they looked like gypsies…was asked a second time on the A40 next to the T hut…by 2 gorgeous ladies (■■■■■■)… offered £5 to fill the van up…had a belly tank emptied in Bulgaria though 1200 litres…and it was my own
that hurt…
have a nice day

:laughing: Well what a loads of saints you all are. Careful, the cops read these forums you know :confused: :laughing:

I don’t know why people bother with these ‘have you done anything dodgy’ threads on here as you’re all like a flock of sheep with your automated “I’m whiter than white” replies. :unamused:

is click happy robk? …

I tried the honest approach a couple of years ago and asked if I could buy diesel from the company as it would be much cheaper than buying it from a petrol station. The boss asked me how much I use a week and I said £15 or sometthing like that. His response showed what sort of boss he was. “We spill more than that a week, I’ll get you a fuel key for your car and you take what you need”

As for nicking it… not me. Not only do you risk losing your job but if they wanted to make an example of you you could end up with a criminal record.

When I was running France over the summer I was told by a friend that he knew someone who would have my deisel off me but my wagon only had a single tank and only just managed Calais to home then back to Calais on a tank so it wasn’t worth it.

JB:
is click happy robk? …

PMSL… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: there does seem to be a similar attitude, doesn’t there? :laughing:

No, but not because I want to a good little boy, but because I KNOW that I would get caught .
Don’t nick from loads for the same reason.

if any one was miles from nowhere and genuinally stuck i would have no probs with 5 litres into a car or 20 into a truck …its when they come equiped to drain hundreds of litres in minutes that i zb them off

i always get diesel for my car out of the truck… and my tm knows that i do it and half of the drivers do, and to top it all he even filled he,s atki up to off my fuel key :laughing: :laughing: he dont give a , ■■ . as for nicking of the load , their sod all worth taking :laughing:

I once did after an employer didn’t pay me any money that was owed. :imp:

However,when I had my first diesel car,the gauge wasn’t working properly,and I promptly ran out as I entered the yard.Luckily.it was downhill to the car park,so I coasted in and parked up.Someone had just recently been caught nicking it,and they were watching everyone who had a diesel car,including me.

I was away overnight,but took a gallon can with me,and bought a gallon,and got a receipt.When I came back the next day,I handed in my paperwork,and produced the receipt. ‘What’s this?’ said my gaffer.I told him what it was about,and said that I didn’t want anyone grassin me when they saw me filling my car with the gallon can.

I earned mucho respect from the management for that,and stayed there for 10 years.

Ken.

I used to at a previous firm, but my current boss said he would allow us 25l/week, all we have to do is take it as a seperate transaction to the trucks. He said that we’d probably only nick it anyway, he did when he was an employed driver.

Nah…I’d get dirty trying to transfer it…even if I did have a use for it, which I don’t.