Nicely strapped

Apologies to captain marvel for pinching his photo but. …

How’s this for a nicely strapped load?

Never saw coal wagons have their loads strapped or roped in the old days. They just used to put heavy weights on the empty sacks to stop them blowing off. Plus they were always flat rigids. In this day and age I’ve no doubt he’d be getting a tug of VOSA/DVSA saw him though.

It’s a bit like not having to wear a seatbelt wben doing door to door deliveries or carrying passengers I think. If they have to strap and unstrap at every delivery they be all day.

Jesus you best delete that picture before Chester sees it, he’d have a field day… :laughing:

As they only do local deliveries the chance of VOSA spotting them is very low and local police wouldn’t be interested. Plus they’ve driven like that for years and years and years.

Their only problem is if it all goes wrong.

The lads doing this sort of work were or are probably some of the fittest around ■■■■■■■ sacks of coal around all day. Oh and the dirtiest around too :smiley:

We have coal delivered from a flatbed and they are never strapped.

Tbh the truck probably never hits 20mph and the bags are fricken heavy so they don’t tend to move far.

Never ever seen a coal lorry strapped actually. Never seen a bag of coal on the roadside either, so that must tell you something.

who says the load needs to be strapped :open_mouth: .
thought the coal trucks always loaded the bags front to back like the bags on the headboard not side to side

Before everyone gets to excited it is just a bit of mild entertainment on a Saturday morning. Chill out princesses.

happysack:
Before everyone gets to excited it is just a bit of mild entertainment on a Saturday morning. Chill out princesses.

ooh :open_mouth: does that make you my QUEEN :wink: :wink:

Who’s getting excited?

You’re The Queen

The way it is distributed - I wonder if he has had a tug for overloaded axles at some time?

happysack:
You’re The Queen

but you called me

princesses

all I was say was strapped when secured would have been a better choice of word ‘’ but you can be sure some clever sod will find the picture of a flat loaded with loose sand covered by straps :unamused:

feet up gonna watch supertruckers in a bit

Santa:
The way it is distributed - I wonder if he has had a tug for overloaded axles at some time?

Why? There’s about 20 -25 bags on there? 1000-1250 kgs well spread out. Looks like a good job to me. How would you stack them?

Cue Carryfast and 18 pages on the coal
mining industry, the propaganda campaigns between Arthur Scargill,Thatcher and Neil
Kinnock and the braking systems on coal lorries and steam trains.

Last time my coalman delivered (two weeks ago) I noticed he had a load net over his, never seen it before. Asked him if he’d been pulled, he said no, but his mate had. He’d been on the A17 driving between drops in villages, VOSA pulled him, took him to Sleaford, weighed him and did him for insecure load.
Bernard (waits to be told it’s not VOSA any more :wink: )

When I was little I can remember the assistants sitting on the coal sacks on the back of the truck. I also remember one assistant coming off complete with the coal sack when the driver went up the kerb taking a corner too tight. Just put the sack back on and carried on with their day.

Ah the good old days when they didn’t make you wear a fluorescent jacket just to sit in the cab, or take a pee behind a tree… :smiley:

albion1938:
Last time my coalman delivered (two weeks ago) I noticed he had a load net over his, never seen it before. Asked him if he’d been pulled, he said no, but his mate had. He’d been on the A17 driving between drops in villages, VOSA pulled him, took him to Sleaford, weighed him and did him for insecure load.
Bernard (waits to be told it’s not VOSA any more :wink: )

DVSA :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: