Next Base 302G Dash cam

Firstly, sorry for the first dash cam thread of the year :unamused: but has anyone recently got one of these? There are pages and pages of instructions and although we have read them carefully, we are having problems with initial set up and get an ‘sd card’ error and then get ‘cluster wrong’ message. Do you need to set it up in the actual car or as we did it, on the sofa in the house.

Would appreciate any help/tips on this as quite eager to get it up and running :slight_smile:

Always format the sd card before the first use, only other thing is the sd card could be a fake copy or not a high enough class.

The dash cam was bought separately from the sd card, but they were both from Halfrauds if this info helps.

It should in theory work but it will likely just need a format.

What class is sd card? class 10 for video. even then some are to slow.

As for camera. There is a chance with out sd card camera might not work.

U do not need to be in a car. Sofa is more than ok tho.

We have tried to format it but still get the sd error message. Back to the shop…? :angry: :unamused:

It’s a NextBase class 10 , 8G card (suitable for NextBase models)

The chances for SD card to be Faulty are reasonably big… If u can’t test it at home using a laptop, then back to the shop and let them deal with it.

Halfords have no information about SD card write and read speeds. Typical. I can get one on Ebay for like a £1 .

Good SD cards Skandisk or Samsung evo cost about £20( depends on size) but they work well and have a good record of reliability.

OK, thanks both for the input. Looking likely its going back to the shop - maybe they can sort it .

It is a good cam, I have one in the car. Good quality film but the internal battery is not that good and the clock loses time if left for long.

It’s a good camera, I had one, well actually three, too many problems, eventually got rid and got a much better one for half the price. Win win

I found the batteries on most dash cams are rubbish, 30 mins tops.
I recently upgraded to a mio 518, quite good with GPS on Google maps.

Dashcams aren’t really meant to be used via their batteries, instead keep it permanently plugged in.

The SD card should be formatted in the cam, and buy one from Tesco, Asda, Argos, or Amazon, I suspect Halfords could be rip-off prices. If you can’t format the card, take the whole lot back to Halfords. Dashcams can be a bit ‘hit and miss’, I bought one from Currys, the playback was really poor so took it back and the replacement has been fine.

doesn’t it have to be a minimum of a 32g card.

steviebyday:
doesn’t it have to be a minimum of a 32g card.

Sometimes 32g is a max size, but you can use smaller just the info on the card is overwritten more regularly.

Give Nextbase (technical issues) a ring Monday on 02920 866429 - they’ll advise you, they’re really helpful.

Oh come on, I’m sure the EXPERTS at Halfords will be able to sort it! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone using the Transcend drivepro 200 or 220â– â– 

Been looking at these and seem to get a good review on Techmoans’ website…

Goldfinger:

Yes, got one in both cars and one for work. Best quality I’ve found for night recording or in low light levels and sharp enough to make outnumber plates during the day. Had no fail to records like you get with the much cheaper cameras. I prefer the 200 over the 220 as I don’t think the extra features are needed/don’t want my own location and speed monitored.

Goldfinger:

I’ve got the drive pro 200. Best bit of kit I’ve owned, if it broke I’d replace it straight away (although if has a 2/3 year warranty)