News of the World

Good ridence to it, never brought it or The Sun. Just watching question time great viewing.

The only reason theyve decided to stop it is the lack of advertising, without that they cant make the paper for theprice you pay.

Give it a week or two and News International will have a new Sunday paper in the shops with a different name, but still the same old ■■■■■■

Havent bought a paper since about 1991, was stuck in a french strike for 2 weeks and the “soaraway Sun” :unamused: came along with a couple of page 3 girls giving each driver a Mars bar and wanting photos taken.

It was an insult…told em to stick the mars bar next to where Marianne Faithful used to keep hers :smiley:

I’ve written on another thread about how powerful and sucessful News International are.

Now we know the reasons why…

If it wasn’t for the fact that innocent people have been harmed I would of thought the demise of the News of the World was funny.

A few jail sentances and a couple of wrecked careers wouldn’t go amiss.

W

AlexWignall:
I’ve written on another thread about how powerful and sucessful News International are.

If it wasn’t for the fact that innocent people have been harmed I would of thought the demise of the News of the World was funny.

W

You mean a few short jail sentences and a promising TV career ahead, following in the footsteps of Kelvin McKenzie and Piers Morgan.

Remember the bloke in China who authorised the Melamine in baby milk, they hung him, maybe we should follow suit!

If phones of famous footballers, celebrities, politicians have been hacked into although still not right a lot of the public wouldn’t have a lot of sympathy for them but hacking into relatives of deceased servicemen or other victims of crimes is unbelieveably disgusting.

I don’t think that Rebekah Brooks is going to get a job on the ‘X Factor’.

The hard faced way that she fired all the staff at the News of the World on Friday has shown that she has got potential in Road Haulage.

Brooks looks like she will survive until the News Corp take over of BSKYB fails and the Met finish their investigation. After that, she’ll be lucky if she can buy a paper let alone run one.

W

bald bloke:
If phones of famous footballers, celebrities, politicians have been hacked into although still not right a lot of the public wouldn’t have a lot of sympathy for them but hacking into relatives of deceased servicemen or other victims of crimes is unbelieveably disgusting.

4000 hacks so far uncovered

When I was a lad the term Hack meant a scruffily dressed reporter with a red nose and thinning hair who covered garden fetes and local events for beer money :stuck_out_tongue:

I know money isn’t everything but I hope the innocent (none celeb) victims get tilled up like Sienna Miller.

What about the Boys in Blue in the Met? They have done very nicley up until now and they put the hacking investigation on the back burner…

What about the Hacks who have done some hacking on other newspapers? Plenty of chickens coming home to roost in this sorry saga.

This story has been bimbling on for months, is it only me that has noticed that ‘The Guardian’ saved the worst of the revelations for the 7/7 anniversary? I’m sure they only intended to destabilise the BskyB takeover. They have certainly done that and sunk the News of the World too.

Who says Journalisim is dead?

W

All they will do is call it the sunday sun :smiley:

Haven’t bought a paper for years. Haven’t hardly read a paper for years. We have the internet and rolling 24-hour news stations. So no real need for newspapers as by teh time they are publishe dit’s old news, especially the Sunday editions…

I heard something a couple of days ago which I though showed how things have changed. We get more information in a day on our Smartphones than our Grandparents got in a week.

Coffeeholic:
Haven’t bought a paper for years. Haven’t hardly read a paper for years. We have the internet and rolling 24-hour news stations. So no real need for newspapers as by teh time they are publishe dit’s old news, especially the Sunday editions…

I heard something a couple of days ago which I though showed how things have changed. We get more information in a day on our Smartphones than our Grandparents got in a week.

I have thought of that too, although much longer back. Imagine having to wait for a bloke on a horse to ride to York from London with a document for you to sign, then ride back again :open_mouth:

But as you say printed media is already old news when we get it, even the trucking mags carry a month old news. I have the Telegraph as my home page. I read the local rag in the pub or online and catch up on the transport news by email.

There is more to this story than meets the eye. Closing down publication is a tactical move. I hope other tabloids do the same.
Hopefully will make way for actual Journalism…but i doubt it.

There are a lot of people within Notw that I feel sorry for, having lost their jobs because of guilt by association. I read that Rebecca Brooks was ‘in tears’ when she broke the news. she should be crying tears of shame, not only for being responsible for the loss of those jobs, but mainly for the true victims of the hacking.

I think a lot of other Journalists etc from other papers have been up to the same tricks.Which one will be exposed next ?

just leave a message on my voicemail the news of the world will get back to you :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

AlexWignall:

W

You mean a few short jail sentences and a promising TV career ahead, following in the footsteps of Kelvin McKenzie and Piers Morgan.

Remember the bloke in China who authorised the Melamine in baby milk, they hung him, maybe we should follow suit!

I’m struggling to think of anyone more obnoxious than those two. I’d love to see them swinging.

Mrknowitall:
All they will do is call it the sunday sun :smiley:

No they wont as that title belongs to NCJ Media who publish a paper of that title in Newcastle upon Tyne, and have done since god was a lad.

Ken.

The PM Programme reported on Friday ‘The Sun on Sunday’ was bought as a domain name on Wednesday afternoon.

I rarely buy newspapers myself but it doesn’t stop me having an opinion on them.

Has anyone noticed that all the attention has been focused on the now defunct News of the World? News International’s other titles have remained relativley unscathed.

W

44 Tonne Ton:

I’m struggling to think of anyone more obnoxious than those two. I’d love to see them swinging.
[/quote]
It was the former who authorised the 1989 Hillsborough headlines about the Liverpool Fans.

Murdoch appointed him Sun editor in 1981 and is said to have described MacKenzie as his all-time “favourite editor”

Despite Hillsborough, he lasted as Editor until 1994 and was replaced by Morgan. Morgan then went to the Daily Mirror, (Maxwells Paper) Sacked in 2004 for the hoax story about abuse of Iraqi prisoners.

Unless you get your daily news direct from the agencies, like Reuters or from checked sources, the whims of the likes of Murdoch and Fat Maxwell are akin to Brainwashing. Even then a huge keg of salt should be close at hand.

AlexWignall:
The PM Programme reported on Friday ‘The Sun on Sunday’ was bought as a domain name on Wednesday afternoon.

I rarely buy newspapers myself but it doesn’t stop me having an opinion on them.

Has anyone noticed that all the attention has been focused on the now defunct News of the World? News International’s other titles have remained relativley unscathed.

W

The problem is that the toffs who say I wouldnt have that muck in the house, probably buy The Times and The Sunday Times and keep Murdoch in business with that. Since the Printed medias life must be shortlived, the BSkyB deal will probably give him a vehicle to peddle his muck.

I still prefer the Barclay brothers newspapers, The Telegraph. The Scotsman and until its death The (Barclays) European

I always thought ‘The Times’ was like ‘The Sun’ but with longer words.

I feel sorry for those who do not connect the groups papers together and realise the agenda is the same.

News International will bounce back within the year. Rebekah Brooks is being saved as a sacrifical lamb if the BskyB take over fails. If that doesn’t work James Murdoch will go.

People who watch 24/7 News programmes or use the internet for news should realise how important this issue is.

I bet there are MPs who are already hedging their bets with NI.

W