Newly qualified driver C+E and cant get work!

Sam just keep on at prestige they never let me down try to speak to Billy or Adam if you can, they got me class 2 work straight after passing my test only did couple of days as then I went straight in for my class 1, and could have had plenty of work from them but had already got a application in at stobarts Goole and got a start there about 5 weeks after passing my test, pay weekly too.

I will do mate I’ve got a assessment drive tomorrow at bond tyres in Pocklington for class 1 so hopefully I’ll have a job

Well the job has been cancelled been to all the agencies and they even want a year experience will go to imingham tomorrow but does any one no any one in hull who takes new drivers cause it’s doing my head in now not going to get experience if no one will give me shot ,

Eurovision take new drivers on they always need drivers money isn’t the best well ok it’s ■■■■ poor but it’s a foot in the door to get experience all depends what money you need

What do they pay and we’re are they

£99 a shift , just off hedon rd woodhouse St opposite Alex dock

OK pal cheers I’ll go in tomorrow

samledger1212:
Well the job has been cancelled been to all the agencies and they even want a year experience will go to imingham tomorrow but does any one no any one in hull who takes new drivers cause it’s doing my head in now not going to get experience if no one will give me shot ,

Are you limiting your agency availability to class one work only? Might be worthwhile doing 7.5t or rigid work for them, just to build your reputation a bit. I started on vans, even though I spent 2k on a bloody hgv licence.

I’ve done ten years on van work could of got a other job doing that but don’t want to do that any more and spoke to a lot of the agencies and 7.5 tonne and class 2 work does not count to class 1 experience that’s what they have told me and I was on more money driving a van than they are offering on class 2 and not only that they want 6 months experience on class 2 work

Middlegate down by Hull docks had a sign up recuirting Class 1 drivers. Saw it yesterday.

I’ll have a look tomoz cheers mate

samledger1212:
I’ll have a look tomoz cheers mate

If not there, pop down to Immingham. Loads of places here, you’ve got DFDS on the dock, DSV, Alphatrans, various tanker firms, Handtrans (rigid work is bad but I hear that artic is pretty easy going), East trans, Immingham Transport. You could be here all day just going from firm to firm.

I’m going to come down this week 100%

samledger1212:
I’ve done ten years on van work could of got a other job doing that but don’t want to do that any more and spoke to a lot of the agencies and 7.5 tonne and class 2 work does not count to class 1 experience that’s what they have told me and I was on more money driving a van than they are offering on class 2 and not only that they want 6 months experience on class 2 work

You’ll be surprised how quickly the two years experience requirement disappears when the agency is desperate for a driver! If you’ve proven yourself on rigids, they’ll probably give you a chance. Just my experience.
You could try d&p, sutton fields. Always looking for drivers (there is a reason for that) and will take on with out experience.

Captain Caveman 76:
If you’ve proven yourself on rigids, they’ll probably give you a chance. Just my experience.

Not just yours pal! :smiley:

Keep trying Sam, you’ll get there…

Cheers evil

Captain Caveman 76:

samledger1212:

You’ll be surprised how quickly the two years experience requirement disappears when the agency is desperate for a driver! If you’ve proven yourself on rigids, they’ll probably give you a chance. Just my experience.
You could try d&p, sutton fields. Always looking for drivers (there is a reason for that) and will take on with out experience.

They won’t even give me class 2 saying most of the clients want 6 months experience whats up with d&p pal

samledger1212:
whats up with d&p pal

They’ve earnt the nickname “dck and prck” for a reason, even my driving instructor warned me not to go there unless I was desperate!
Rubbish pay, demanding bosses etc etc. But they will employ anyone with a licence.
Good luck with the job hunt and let us know how you got on.
Cavey.

samledger1212:
I’m going to come down this week 100%

It’s been a week any updates?

Did not come down last week got promised a weeks work but got let down every day might have a job starting 4th of Jan been trained to deliver caravans and over sized stuff so fingers crossed that all works out just feels like a bit of a waste of money