Newly qualified driver and I've now got an sp50.. (3 points)

Removed

Until the letter hit your employers matt I would not worry and as its first offence you may get speed awareness course

An SP50 and 3 points on its own won’t be an issue assuming it was you that got flashed.

Would imagine 50% of drivers will have varying amounts of points on their licence, dont worry about it. The only thing is you wont be offered a SAC as 70 in a 50 is too high a percentage over to be offered the course, it will be points and fine. Thats if it was actually you that was flashed, nothing may even happen…

I’d wait until something actually comes through the post before worrying! Even if you do get a fixed penalty its hardly the end of your driving career!

Besides which, even on receiving the ticket, your employer may not be able to say who was driving the vehicle on that day. Wasn’t that the case for the road rage tipper driver we all saw attacking a co-op lorry on the M60, and Michael Howard MP?

lightning:
Besides which, even on receiving the ticket, your employer may not be able to say who was driving the vehicle on that day. Wasn’t that the case for the road rage tipper driver we all saw attacking a co-op lorry on the M60, and Michael Howard MP?

You have to know who the driver of the vehicle is whether a personal vehicle or company vehicle. The law changed quite a few years ago and you are required by law to have a record of who drives the vehicles and when so you can provide the information as and when required. If you don’t or can’t provide the drivers details then the owner will get done for withholding the information and most likely gain the points as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I really wouldn’t get to stressed over it, firstly it might not be you.
As for it ending your HGV driving career, most companies state a maximum of 6pts and not DD.
When I showed my licence to my first boss, he passed it round the office saying “we’ve never seen a clean licence here before.” :laughing:

Temp job you’ll be leaving anyway say it wasn’t you driving presumably no tacho so no digi card leave them to try and prove it.

muckles:
As for it ending your HGV driving career, most companies state a maximum of 6pts and not DD.
When I showed my licence to my first boss, he passed it round the office saying “we’ve never seen a clean licence here before.” :laughing:

Why had you just got it in the post from DVLA :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

muckles:

Why had you just got it in the post from DVLA :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Thinking about it I hadn’t had it back long after having the points wiped off. :laughing: :laughing:

Chances are you’ll hear nothing. Even if you do it shouldn’t be a problem with regards to work mate.

You might want to check the speed limit for vans. Unless the van is ‘car-derived’ you might find the limit is not the same as cars, and your motorway limit may be only 60mph. Makes no difference in this instance, but worth checking the rules for the future.

ORC:
You might want to check the speed limit for vans. Unless the van is ‘car-derived’ you might find the limit is not the same as cars, and your motorway limit may be only 60mph. Makes no difference in this instance, but worth checking the rules for the future.

Isnt the limit 70 on the motorway for all vans though? I thought only non car derived vans were limited to 60 on dual carriageways in the UK :question:

I thought the limits for Formula Van were 55-60 uphill and 85-90 downhill

Removed

Stop panicking 3 points is nothing to panic about,first offence is usually 3 points or an awareness course

4yorks:

harrawaffa:
Temp job you’ll be leaving anyway say it wasn’t you driving presumably no tacho so no digi card leave them to try and prove it.

Yep I though the same :smiley:… The only thing to prove I was driving that van is a vehicle defect sheet which I filled out as normal but “forgot” to hand in to the office at the end of the day… Apart from that there’s literally nothing bearing my signature that states I was the driver… And of course the camera was rear facing.

I’ve only being there for a couple of month, mainly driving 18 tonners, everyday you are obviously required to fill out a vehicle defect sheet and sign it… Which is proof enough, but unfortunately yesterday I “forgot” to hand it in… Now I’ve lost it!

If the yard has CCTV then they would have you getting in said van and leaving then arriving back. If you are going to get a fine then it will find its way to you at some point.

If you do receive a letter in the post you could always ask for the calibration records of the camera in question… you would be amazed on the amount of speed cameras that are overdue calibration

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you sure it was a speed camera, and not and average speed camera?