New Zealand Driving

Hi Everyone

I am posting this for a friend that has a PC allergy :unamused:

He is 52 years of age and has decided that as the kids are up and away now that he needs a change, he really fancies NZ or AU, loads of experience on artics (nearly all working life actually) and a good 50% of that time on livestock and agricultural haulage.

Anyone have any suggestions for him?, is so please post them or PM me and I will pass them onto him.

Many Many Thanks

Ridd :smiley:

Hi,

I think at 52 he will be too old, dude.I could be wrong but think the cut off is 45.

John

There is always temp harvest work available in both “OZ” and “Kiwiland” and I don’t really think it matters what age you are as long as you like working long hours!!!
The harvesting months are between Oct and Feb and in NZ they cart in the grass sliage mostly with wagon and drag trucks. I have a couple of websites if your mate would be interested?

hI, just like chosen.1 has said 45 years of age for most trucking jobs on a sponsered run is about right.

Will keep you informed if I hear anything different

Never count your chickens before they are hatched.

If your mate has the determination to go over to Ozz or New Zealand than a way is always possible.

Big Truck:
There is always temp harvest work available in both “OZ” and “Kiwiland” and I don’t really think it matters what age you are as long as you like working long hours!!!
The harvesting months are between Oct and Feb and in NZ they cart in the grass sliage mostly with wagon and drag trucks. I have a couple of websites if your mate would be interested?

Heyup Bigtruck :slight_smile:

he sure would be interested in the harvest run, I spoke to him today and he is equally keen to goto AU if there are harvesting jobs to be had there and get a foot in the door so to speak, please PM me any info you may have if you dont mind fella.

Cheers
Ridd

Ridd,
Heres a few to get you started, I’ll post more as soon as I can find them again!!
www.fegan.co.nz ( Kiwi agri employment agency)
www.johnaustin.co.nz (Kiwi agri contractor)
You could also get your mate to telephone a guy called Keith Pirie on 0064 25 2442 987 between the hours of 9pm to 10am Sun to Thur,email: sales@tractorsnz.com
He advertises every year in the farm “Profi” magazine for tractor/truck drivers for a large silage agri contractor in NZ who is looking drivers between the months of Sept and April,they hold interviews in the UK in June/July.
There is a slight problem with the harvest run in “OZ” in that most of the agri contractors just run combines and tractors/chaser bins so they drive sometimes hundreds of miles between the harvest jobs in a 20mph combine!!! Any jobs involving hauling the grain from the field to the farm/elevator are carried out by owner drivers with their own trucks.
If he really wants to drive trucks on a harvest run, the USA/Canada is the place to go between May and November.
By the way what happened to the truck driving in Canada website and are you still going over there :question:

By the way what happened to the truck driving in Canada website and are you still going over there :question:
[/quote]

Cheers for that BT, my site got hacked and then disabled which was a shame really cos a lot of folk used it. I have no intention of going at the moment, I went in May for a holiday and met up with a few folk and got there opinions and decided it was not for us, what about you?, you fancy a move still??

Thanks again for the info :wink:

Also there is seasonal work in Cotton.Same deal with grain harvesting although a few contractors employ their own truck drivers,tractors etc.Cotton season in Queensland and New South Wales starts around Feb/March.
A site for employment in Moree NSW(Large cotton growing area);
www.moreetourism.com/content/blogcatergory/86/49/

An agricultural employment site;
www.jobsguide.com.au
www.theland.farmonline.com.au
Also an Australian co. recruiting Aussies for harvest work in USA-he might be able to steer you in the right direction for Aust/NZ employment;
www.agplaceusa.com.au

ridd:

Cheers for that BT, my site got hacked and then disabled which was a shame really cos a lot of folk used it. I have no intention of going at the moment, I went in May for a holiday and met up with a few folk and got there opinions and decided it was not for us, what about you?, you fancy a move still??

Thanks again for the info :wink:
[/quote]

I would still sort of be interested but not for the next couple of years. It will be interesting to see how the people who have gone over on the PNP scheme get on for the next few years,the cold winters and having to drive a truck in them puts me off slightly!!!
Another website for your mate is www.outbackinternational.com

I am a transport manager for a south Canterbury haulage company. Truck drivers are on the critical skills shortage list for immigration. Any questions please ask.

placidcasual:
I am a transport manager for a south Canterbury haulage company. Truck drivers are on the critical skills shortage list for immigration. Any questions please ask.

What kind of tractor units do you opperate, and what kind of goods do you haul?

Is the company you work for an Accredited Employer with the New Zealand Immigration Service?

And is it only artic drivers they want? Or will rigid truck drivers get in too?

We are a part of the skills shortage scheme. No artics, all wagon and drags(truck and trailer). All our work is agriculture based, tip trucks hauling silage, fertilizer and grain, flat beds hauling wool, hay, straw. Plus the livestock trucks.

placidcasual:
We are a part of the skills shortage scheme. No artics, all wagon and drags(truck and trailer). All our work is agriculture based, tip trucks hauling silage, fertilizer and grain, flat beds hauling wool, hay, straw. Plus the livestock trucks.

If I was a teeny bit younger, I would fancy it. Love wagons & drags, love cows - no handballing there, except for the sloppy deposits of course. Not sure about the Jap motors though :cry: .
Placid, how on earth does NZ manage to describe truck driving as a skill:shock: , when the rest of the world, no matter how allegedly short, treats them as (un)glorified labourers? :confused:

Salut, David.

hi there placid,how would we go about getting over there??i very much fancy it but wouldn’t know how to go about it.

Yes my mate fancies it too as stated in the first posting in this thread, any more information gladly recieved.

Cheers :smiley:

Hi Placid,
Who you working for,wouldnae be Red and Green Trucks would it?

John

Blue, red and green trucks.

Och aye,I ken who your at now!

Is Poss still working with you guys?

John