New Zealand Driving

Poss who? When was he here?

:bulb: The guy Keith Pirie that I mentioned in an above post is advertising in Decembers “Farm Profi” mag.He is looking for truck drivers for carting silage,farm workers,Claas,Krone and tractor trained mechanics and 180/360 digger drivers to start work in New Zealand immediately for the grass silage season.Check out my post above for his contact details. :wink:

placid or chosen1,would it be hard to pick up casual work(class1)if on a long holiday?

You will need a visa. The’re easy obtained from NZ House in London. Go for a working holiday if under 30 yrs of age, or a standard working visa of upto 2 yrs. There is plenty of work here, good drivers are scarce, especially livestock hauliers. Driving here is nothing like the UK, there are no motorways, very few roundabouts and traffic lights to be negociated. However alot of the roads are poor with very slow bends and steep climbs and decents. Expect a Japanese truck with an 18 speed Roadranger, Logbooks and spectacular scenery to look at.

placidcasual:
Expect a Japanese truck with an 18 speed Roadranger, Logbooks and spectacular scenery to look at.

You don’t work for New Zealand Tourist board do you as well?

Spardo:
Not sure about the Jap motors though .

Oh well,

Placid Casual:
Expect a Japanese truck with an 18 speed Roadranger

perhaps that’s not so bad after all :laughing: .

Salut, David.

does that mean if you are over 30 it 's not really possible?

I’m here for my second stint at 32 yrs of age. We have lads of all ages working for us from the UK. Plus a lad from Austria!

do you know if a visa could be got when in nz?e.g if over on holiday/travelling around and then getting a job offer.

You can apply for a visa when you arrive. We had a lad start recently, sent him up to Christchurch for the visa. He was driving a truck that afternoon. Easy!

thats the sort of info i was wanting,because i’m over 30 and the fact we dont have a nz embassy in n.ireland.i’d like to go over on hols and try getting a visa there and spend a few months working to get an idea of the place.i’ve been before and had a great time,hoping its as i remember it still.