New warehouse on m5

funny green colour,just before straw[think its straw] man just short of bridgwater,whos that being built for[did i hear rumours of morrisons rdc] :question: ta

I was down that way yesterday and saw it,asked the manageress of our Bridgewater shop and thats what she said it was ,morrisons.

calebs gramps:
I was down that way yesterday and saw it,asked the manageress of our Bridgewater shop and thats what she said it was ,morrisons.

thought it might be ,strange colour choice,i assume its to fit in with the scenery,but to my mind sticks out like a sore thumb

You should see the place Amazon are having built next to the M90 at Halbeath, friggin huge and going up faster than a ■■■■ stars tools.

ha ha ,thats exactly what i thought when i saw it it ,said to our manageress what the hell is that bloody awful 3 tone green thing on the m5 and she said thats what it was.
she said somebody else was gona be building one near there soon too ,but i forget who she said,there’l be hundreds of jobs for drivers and warehoiuse personnrel in somerset soon apparently.

The B&Q @ South Marston is a fair size.
Jobs for the boys when Morrisons closes ?

ady1:
funny green colour,just before straw[think its straw] man just short of bridgwater,whos that being built for[did i hear rumours of morrisons rdc] :question: ta

The big sign as you go past says it’s Morrisons

Only 8 miles from me. Hope I get my CE passed this summer so I can have half a chance at getting in there.

dar1976:
Only 8 miles from me. Hope I get my CE passed this summer so I can have half a chance at getting in there.

Take a tip Dar, apply for a job inside until your licence comes clean. Don’t mention your driving ambitions at the moment as you don’t have a snowball in hells chance with a firm like Morrisons.

This will be run by DHL on a 2 year contract after which Morrisons may take it back in house.They want us to move down there but after 2 bad experiences with DHL I wont be one and 90% of the drivers working with me wont either.
DHL taking over the running of B&Q South Marston too from Wincanton next Feb2012. That will put paid to Wincanton drivers decent wages they are getting now!!!
DHL spoil everything they touch by vicious undercutting. Name of the game though now isnt it?

YARDDOG:
This will be run by DHL on a 2 year contract after which Morrisons may take it back in house.They want us to move down there but after 2 bad experiences with DHL I wont be one and 90% of the drivers working with me wont either.
DHL taking over the running of B&Q South Marston too from Wincanton next Feb2012. That will put paid to Wincanton drivers decent wages they are getting now!!!
DHL spoil everything they touch by vicious undercutting. Name of the game though now isnt it?

Er,no it won’t. TUPE will most likely apply.

Suedehead:
The B&Q @ South Marston is a fair size.
Jobs for the boys when Morrisons closes ?

From what I heard Morrisons at Swindon is not closing only Yate and Willand.

Imp:
You should see the place Amazon are having built next to the M90 at Halbeath, friggin huge and going up faster than a ■■■■ stars tools.

and the old hyundai building is now starting to be demolished

but the amazon place is going up pretty fast, spose since its just a shell they need its not gonna take long

YARDDOG:

Are you sure? Do you think Wincanton have just taken the entire Comet contract off DHL by being more expensive.

Yep that morrisons is a massive eyesore, they’re also building a small village next to it for the workers, we do alot of work into there and is a good tip :smiley:

Is it right that Down Hill Logistics are running the transport.

44 Tonne Ton:

YARDDOG:

Yes you are quite right 44 but how long does that last?
Bristol Ron Swindon def closing Jan 31st 2012 only being kept open that long in order to relieve Br’water over Xmas period.

YARDDOG:

44 Tonne Ton:

YARDDOG:

Yes you are quite right 44 but how long does that last?
Bristol Ron Swindon def closing Jan 31st 2012 only being kept open that long in order to relieve Br’water over Xmas period.

There is no time limit but of course there are exceptions that may apply.

Wheel Nut:

YARDDOG:

Are you sure? Do you think Wincanton have just taken the entire Comet contract off DHL by being more expensive.

Like i said Wheel Nut… name of the game.However I have worked 2 contracts for DHL and 2 for Wincanton. Give me Wincanton anytime.
I really wish I never had to do this distribution work at all. I’ve been doing it since 1999 after hanging up me clogs from 18 years continental.Got married and got kids too a bit late in life so now conform to reasonably normal existence. (yawn).Hey ho!

YARDDOG:

Read in the truck press last year that DHL had given up container and parcels contracts as they could not make money out of them?