New Volvo fh

If the Volvo salesman is any good at his job he will be asking the right questions to specify the vehicle to your requirements. If he doesn’t start asking those questions ■■■■ him off out of it and go elsewhere.

mrginge:
We have move able 5th wheels, tipper trailer position is not good for walking floor, cattle, ejector, flat bed, curtain sider trailers etc. We have everything but fridge and skeleton trailers basically.

Steel wheels, fridge, leather interior (Really nice steering wheels), not sure about the DAB as they are bluetooth so i have only paired it with my phone or listen to Radio 1.

Do they come with the parking cab cooler as standard? If not I’d try and get that, especially for nights out in the summer.

Thanks for that your right but some salesmen just try to sell some ■■■■ other people have cancelled at last minute leaving the sales man in the ■■■■ ! Because we are only a 2 truck farm outfit they think you want cheap n cheerful but our boss likes to spec what we want because we sit in them all day everyday he doesn’t !

muckles:
And what does the Bike team run? 6x2 and 6x4 seems a bit excessive for that. :laughing:

6x2. Its got to do other ‘normal’ work when its not doing the race work which includes scrap and waste:

stev will be a globetrotter or the xl globetrotter?

You should check out Volvo Dynamic Steering. It does wonders on bad roads.

I am thinking about going from Scania and back to Volvo again solely because of the Dynamic Steering. When I had it, I didn’t think it was that important, but now that I don’t have it I miss it so much!

One of the nicest looking FH 4’s I’ve seen. The old school Volvo lettering finishes it off. Air suspension on front axle for increased ground clearance on farms, tag axle and rear window- all useful. I’ve only driven one FH4, lovely motor. Only had the 460 engine and it felt the hills at 44T but if you’re on the flatlands you won’t have to worry about that. Sorry but can’t remember what MPG was like.

stev:
Hi
Due to order new Volvo this week anyone give me a heads up what to ask for & what not to ask for ! It will be used for farm haulage so will pull a 65-70 yd tipper or normal 26 pallet 4 mt high tautliner ? Thanks stev.

ask for a Renault but dont ask for a Volvo. Is the same Lorry but different Price :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up chaps Volvo seem to have some good ideas in the packages they offer from what info I got from them when I dropped in yesterday ! We do 99.9% our own farms so front air suspension & back window not needed although helpful for some other work types . Not been in new Renault only old premium & they were a pile of ■■■■ ! So very doubtful I’d want to try one ( no leg room in them & im 6’4 ) & yes I know it’s a Volvo with a Renault cab but that’s the bit the lets the side down !. Like the Smiths rig some lucky drivers gonna have a good summer on the race job !.

The one I have got is nothing but problems
2 sets of battery’s in 12 months been told this is normal by one fitter
If you Put drivers window down you got to open the passenger window so it will go back up again there’s a water leaking from the roof somewhere sensor lights often come on which can be solved by switching the isolator of for a few minutes.
I wouldn’t have one if it was my money

Thanks Hanson sounds like you probably got a Friday night one ! I’ve heard they eat batteries but no one seems to know why I would have thought Volvo would have ironed out the teething problems on a fairly newish model by now ! It’s not my money I’m spending I’m not stupid enough to buy one just stupid enough to drive one !!

Sensor lights for what Hanson ? just making a few notes for more research ! Thanks.

Apparantley new models still have battery problems the new ones have that slowing down thing on them when you get to close to the veichle in front as standard
Abs normally and other warning lights told by fitter switch isolator of wait a few minitues if it doesn’t clear which it normally does call action volvo Mind you when they come out they bring you the volvo snack box just in case your dying of hunger
Phone plays up through blue tooth some times same again switch of at isolator problem solved.
You can put them into hibernation mode to save battery’s at weekend but not sure as tachograph still records as we leave card in over weekend
To hibernate press and hold down hazard light switch
I do like the fuse system if anything fuses out switch ignition of and on and it resets itself

Had my euro 6 500 since June last year. Only me who drives it & has 103000 k’s on it & has been no problem at all. No faults, no breakdowns, no batteries & is a pleasure to drive.

Thanks for that Hanson after reading millsie post defo sounds like yours was a Friday night one ! Suppose there’s always a bad apple in every box tho !

Not saying there isn’t problems. Just saying I’ve not had any. No better truck on the road in my opinion.

Is that tank polished or you got a shiny sleeve thingy on it ?

stev:
Is that tank polished or you got a shiny sleeve thingy on it ?

Polished mate, usually have a bit of time on my hands at RDC’s. Rather polish my tank than listen to waiting room stories… My dog is blacker than your dog. etc etc. haha

Looks tidy mate know what you mean about rdc bollox glad I don’t do that ■■■■ ! Anyway how’d you know I’ve got a black dog !! Lol

stev:
Looks tidy mate know what you mean about rdc bollox glad I don’t do that [zb] ! Anyway how’d you know I’ve got a black dog !! Lol

I didn’t mate… But i bet its blacker than mine! :smiley: