New volvo fh or actros mp4

If you had a choice of the new Volvo FH or the Actros MP4 which would you have?

To me I like the look of the actros but it looks quite plastic inside. Plus the Volvo fh 16 is 750 bhp !!

I’ll be having the Volvo FH, because they do an 8 wheeler rigid. :smiley:

actros

Looks wise the merc all day long, but I’d imagine the Volvo would be the better unit for a driver

The 2 best trucks on the road but the Actros is far superior

I currently drive the new Actros and I’m not mega impressed with it, so I’d like a go in the new Volvo now please :smiley:

Hi, Volvo

The Volvo all day long

actros for me

In the new Actros have they sorted out the Powershift2 gearbox (maybe now Powershift3 :exclamation: :grimacing: ) so when your running empty and coming up to a roundabout or going over speed humps its not jumping down the box and revving its ■■■■ off in the process :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Drive the Axor with Powershift2 alot and every driver I know that works with me runs them in manual when empty due to above. :neutral_face:

Big Truck:
In the new Actros have they sorted out the Powershift2 gearbox (maybe now Powershift3 :exclamation: :grimacing: ) so when your running empty and coming up to a roundabout or going over speed humps its not jumping down the box and revving its ■■■■ off in the process :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

Drive the Axor with Powershift2 alot and every driver I know that works with me runs them in manual when empty due to above. :neutral_face:

Our MP3 actros gearbox is perfect, the 1 in the new actros is ■■■■■■ always in the wrong gear, big delays at roundabouts etc.

i havnt seen the interior of the volvo yet...so cant say.
i`m a bit of a merc fan,so it would have to be good for me to pick it over the mp4

Every truck manufacturer should just use volvos auto box and jake brake system simple and i am a scania fan.Not been in either so cant comment but i would prefer the volvo i think

Drove the new Actros last week, nightmare! Most uncomfortable truck I’ve driven seat doesn’t go down far enough and won’t go back far enough either. Thought they might have sorted that out but seems worse than the old model. Gear lever is on a stalk now though which is an improvement, and dash is nice.

Would hold off till early next year and the new XF myself

They’re switching to Scanias at our place next year, all because of adblue! :open_mouth: :unamused:

They don’t belive us that they should stick to Volvo! :imp:

Wouldn’t mind the FH 8 wheeler what MM’s mentioned though.

commonrail:
i havnt seen the interior of the volvo yet...so cant say.
i`m a bit of a merc fan,so it would have to be good for me to pick it over the mp4

Here’s a photo of the new Volvo interior and exterior and for me it’s Volvo all the way.

very nice :sunglasses:

That Volvo interior looks amazing !!

Bud143:
Every truck manufacturer should just use volvos auto box and jake brake system simple and i am a scania fan.Not been in either so cant comment but i would prefer the volvo i think

Renault Premium 460DXi have it set up even better again :exclamation: :exclamation: