New Truck Prices

Just been quoted £89,000 for a Scania r490 topline 44t midlift good spec inside.

5 year r&m 350 a month.

Anyone have prices of other makes and R&M contracts.

Thanks
Mark

350 a month ?

Must be per week?

350 per month is 4200 per yer x5 is 21000. Al take that deal.

I’m reading it as £89k for the truck and R&M at £350 per month?

pete smith:
I’m reading it as £89k for the truck and R&M at £350 per month?

yes that right 60 month R&M plus £89k for the Scania :smiley:

How many miles a year is the R&M contract assuming please?

cav551:
How many miles a year is the R&M contract assuming please?

120,000 km per year

Scania are giving 3yrs 450,000 km r & m as standard so what you are doing is financing the last 2 years over 5 years, £21k divided by 24 = £875 pm, doesn’t look so cheap after all, better off putting that 350 into the finance payments and paying it over 4 years, chuck it back after 3 when it has a fair bit of equity in it and getting a shiny new one again, plus the tax relief…

Would love to know which dealer as 89 as a good price for a 490…

Lrm

LRM:

Lrm

That’s cheaper than a similar specced rigid I was quoted for back in January :exclamation:

Still overpriced though :grimacing:

Would it not make sense to buy new from a dealer here in the republic of Ireland?
Was quoted 100,000 euro +vat for a new euro 6 Volvo 6x2 460.
92,000 euro +vat for a new euro 6 Daf 510 spacecab 6x2 with small midlift and retartder.

Take the strong sterling against the euro plus no vat and you have a big saving…100,000 euro = 71,760 pounds sterling.

LRM:
Scania are giving 3yrs 450,000 km r & m as standard so what you are doing is financing the last 2 years over 5 years, £21k divided by 24 = £875 pm, doesn’t look so cheap after all, better off putting that 350 into the finance payments and paying it over 4 years, chuck it back after 3 when it has a fair bit of equity in it and getting a shiny new one again, plus the tax relief…

Lrm

My firm got quoted 89k by truckeast. Leather, sat nav and kitchen pack, 490 toplines

Just passed today on the M5,I was heading south he was going north, my old Scania pulling a fridge,that is my Scania I owned 22 years ago em! I am a bit
old but do tell me…why the hell you spending all that money on a new rig when a great deal of life remains in so many older trucks available today,
indeed I work with a fleet of new rigs none over 3 years old…em my Magnum 10 years old does the same job…it’s paid for…French derv is so cheap
and my only concern is how the hell am I gonna spend all the money I am making before I or the rig drop dead.

Armagedon:
Just passed today on the M5,I was heading south he was going north, my old Scania pulling a fridge,that is my Scania I owned 22 years ago em! I am a bit
old but do tell me…why the hell you spending all that money on a new rig when a great deal of life remains in so many older trucks available.

How old was that Scania when you bought it all those years ago, was it 22 years old ? You have rubbished you own argument, if you have good paying regular work then you can’t beat a new truck on full r & m if customer focus is the No 1 priority.

Is it good paying work because you’re running an old truck? Because if you can’t afford to run new kit, it’s not good paying work. Personally, I see rates in 3 bands, poor= run export fodder and take a wage, middle= run a modern truck on finance, take a wage but no profit, or good= financed truck, decent wages and profit in the bank

Or could be the truck is well maintained and reliable of its only him driving it then an older paid for truck with no finance attached it’s the way to go for him

have been quoted on a DAF XF Euro6 super space cab at £80,000, not base spec either

Paccar finance will do 10% deposit, 60 monthly payments of £1350 per month

truck comes with 2 years full R&M, 2 years bumper to bumper warranty, and a third year major driveline warranty

if i wanted to extend the R&M to cover 5 years, that would be £372 per month for 60 months

That’s a lot of truck for under 100k Rob. But you could probably buy 10 of those mans for that :laughing:

Interesting responses which I respond to…the Scania was second hand when I bought it…customer focus that’s an interesting one,well you turn up with
the latest rig and a fancy trailer,I turn up with an old dog and a skip this valued customer will choose me if I am a pound cheaper,haulage has forever been
thus.Ah! and R&M truly wonderful,the biggest con ever perpetrated on an extremely dumb industry.To succeed in this industry the formula is simple,keep
outgoings to the absolute minimum and work to ensure maximum incomings,buying a brand new unit which I have done 5 times does not fit the formula.

OVLOV JAY:
That’s a lot of truck for under 100k Rob. But you could probably buy 10 of those mans for that :laughing:

not got any MAN’s anymore :wink: