New Truck Prices

shuttlespanker:
have been quoted on a DAF XF Euro6 super space cab at £80,000, not base spec either

Paccar finance will do 10% deposit, 60 monthly payments of £1350 per month

truck comes with 2 years full R&M, 2 years bumper to bumper warranty, and a third year major driveline warranty

if i wanted to extend the R&M to cover 5 years, that would be £372 per month for 60 months

To be honest that sounds pretty good but I’m not sure about the £372x60 for 3 years extra R&M that’s over £22k.

Armagedon:
Interesting responses which I respond to…the Scania was second hand when I bought it…customer focus that’s an interesting one,well you turn up with
the latest rig and a fancy trailer,I turn up with an old dog and a skip this valued customer will choose me if I am a pound cheaper,haulage has forever been
thus.Ah! and R&M truly wonderful,the biggest con ever perpetrated on an extremely dumb industry.To succeed in this industry the formula is simple,keep
outgoings to the absolute minimum and work to ensure maximum incomings,buying a brand new unit which I have done 5 times does not fit the formula.

Armagedon, I see your point, and have been in the same position a few times, with bought and paid for equipment. However, when year end comes, and am giving a large slice of my income to the taxman, I think that the money would of been better spent on a truck. Also, the ‘old dog’ always needs replacing at some point, and some of the repairs, can be costly, with things wearing out, that wouldn’t on a newer truck.
On the other hand, all business is a gamble, and when your overheads are super low, stress from lack of work or breakdowns is massively reduced, so more power to you if it works in your favour.

Mercedes Benz commercials have good deals on