new tramping job

Hi All I have just been extremely lucky and have been offered a job tramping for a firm in southwest paying 500 a week gross plus 25 a night out for mon - fri tramping. Now as I believe it that’s good for southwest / cornwall areas. No pension though but I feel I could sort something so feel quite chuffed really so what do you experts reckon then is that a good rate for tramping. Safe journeys all and mind the wallys on the road. :slight_smile:

You’re asking us if £7 per hour is a good rate?

Contraflow:

Not really as I believe it its 40 - 45 hours a week so works out slightly more than 7.00 an hour even if its 50 hours its still more than 7.00 an hour i think :confused:

and here goes contraflow again telling everyone they are mugs and working for peanuts :unamused:

chris520j:

Contraflow:

Not really as I believe it its 40 - 45 hours a week…

Do you believe in Santa too?

12.50 if its 40 and 11.11 if its 45 and obviously a £10 if its 50!

but still WAYYYYYYYYY less than contraflow gets :open_mouth:

and if it helps a pension works out at about 8p per hour for the NEST scheme!

£7 is if your maxing your hours out. If you did 12 hour shifts all week it’d be £8.30 ish.

Worth trying to find out how many hours you will actually be doing. I wouldn’t usually associate a salaried tramping job with 45 hours week.

Main thing is m8…are u happy with it?..try the job for a few weeks see how it goes… and if ur still happy with it take no notice of the knockers on here…i bet half of them dont even drive for a living.

it will probably turn out 45 hours worked a week but 90 odd hours including poa that they might have forgotten to tell you about ?

but give it a try and see as who knows it might be a good number ?

Hi thanks for all the helpful posts etc and words of encouragement and maybe one day we will all earn as much as the people that knock us on here. I am in work at moment but thinking of changing to this one as it sounds a good number and nice people to work for, I don’t start till Monday PM and finish Friday PM so hence why I guess at hours etc and not forgetting get weekends off so family time can be had. Cheers to all and for those non believers santas real !!!

chris520j:
Hi thanks for all the helpful posts

You’re welcome.

It’s your look-out whether you consider £500 pw a good wage or not, but bear in mind that if you are out all week then 40-45 hours is not likely to be what you’re working. I’d add another 20 hours on top, possibly more as I’d imagine the likelihood of running in on a Saturday/out on a Sunday is going to be quite high in the south west.

When I say ‘working’, I don’t mean minus POA, I mean from card in to card out. That’s the only figure to consider.

Are the trucks orange?

Thetaff2:
Are the trucks orange?

Not that I know of

Olog Hai:
It’s your look-out whether you consider £500 pw a good wage or not, but bear in mind that if you are out all week then 40-45 hours is not likely to be what you’re working. I’d add another 20 hours on top, possibly more as I’d imagine the likelihood of running in on a Saturday/out on a Sunday is going to be quite high in the south west.

When I say ‘working’, I don’t mean minus POA, I mean from card in to card out. That’s the only figure to consider.

Cheers for all just to add been promised just mon - fri so no weekends as that was something i checked on

Who are you working for?

I have found there is only one way to deal with the issue of wages, ignore what others say they get and stop caring what others think of what they think about your pay. If you’re happy that’s all that matters. Never mention your washed on here as no matter how much you earn someone will tell you you’re on peanuts

I’d also like to add that in my humble opinion it’s better to do a job for people you redirect for slightly less than more money doing a job you hate for a holes.

Contraflow, how much do you earn an hour and on average, how many hours do you work a week?

If that’s not too personal a question.