New Top Gear

How the hell did this thread get from Top Gear to the Battle of Jutland in one hit, will be on about Prince Charlie getting all the young birds next :slight_smile:

Well i wonā€™t watching the irritating ginger prick nor the clown from the usa sitcom of whatever friends is was, as thatā€™s another pile of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

raymundo:
And now CF explains why the Queen Mary blew up, oh! he watched the program. The Admiralty needs you ! I think you should recall that German shells did not reach the magazines but ignited he cordite in the gun turret and the explosion had no other route but down to said magazines through open doors due to increased fire power.

The inconvenient fact is it was the only the lighter armoured cruiser class ships,including Queen Mary,deck armour of around 1 inch being deemed sufficient in that case at least :open_mouth: :unamused: ,that blew up and how do you explain exactly the same in the case of the Hood.

hmshood.org.uk/reference/off ā€¦ 1-9387.htm

As for Jutland.

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ā€¦ s-caroline 23.00-24.00 What would he know he was only 400 yds away at the time. :unamused:

raymundo:
How the hell did this thread get from Top Gear to the Battle of Jutland in one hit, will be on about Prince Charlie getting all the young birds next :slight_smile:

The point being that the BBC has always got an establishment agenda whether the EU,or obviously not liking Clarksonā€™s un PC ideas of running Top Gear,or trying to cover up ministry ordered design flaws in WW1 and 2 Battleships or putting young birds into Savilleā€™s etc way on 1970ā€™s Top of the Pops for ā€˜someā€™ reason. :unamused: :bulb: :wink:

Carryfast:

raymundo:

The point being that the BBC has always got an establishment agenda whether the EU,or obviously not liking Clarksonā€™s un PC ideas of running Top Gear,or trying to cover up ministry ordered design flaws in WW1 and 2 Battleships or putting young birds into Savilleā€™s etc way on 1970ā€™s Top of the Pops for ā€˜someā€™ reason. :unamused: :bulb: :wink:

I donā€™t think burning all that coal on those ships helped with global warming.

Meanwhile, back to TG - I didnā€™t watch it but the wife says it was the exact same format as the original but without the clever, witty and funny narrative of Clarkson.

hahaha Iā€™m going to bed, goodnight :slight_smile:

raymundo:

That kitchen roll is going to get a hammering.

Carryfast:

raymundo:

You really are a weirdo.

eagerbeaver:
Initial impressions. Ginger fool trying far too hard. American Friends star cannot present for toffee. 3/10.

Watch the first episode of the V2 Top Gear with Clarkson and Hammond in it and tell me it was any better or even as good.

New cast for a show, itā€™ll take a few episodes to bed in. The first series of the CHM Top Gear was utterly crap. Took them a good few series to get to the point that we think of them as.

Bluey Circles:
Not interested in cars and canā€™t stand Evans so I doubt I will be watching it. I just liked the original TG for Clarkson, I just liked his sense of humour. Some of the Clarkson / Top Gear specials were television at its very best.

+1

With all the hype, it was not very good, boring, wonā€™t be watching again.
2/10.
Not much imagination, each segment went on far too long, and Ramsay showing off with buying a new Laferrari limited edition.
His daughter was embarrassed when he picked her up making a noise .
Reliant bit, rubbish.
Jeep versus Land Rover, predictable .
Off roading in Morocco, nice little jolly at license fee payers expense .

I quite enjoyed it. The studio bit seems like Chris was trying to hard and needs some work, and he admitted he was totally bricking it, but like the films though, and I think heā€™ll settle down in the studio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contraflow:

raymundo:

That kitchen roll is going to get a hammering.

I can assure you that after a third of a litre of Whyte & Mackay all I did was sleep :slight_smile:

I loved the original, was gonna watch the new oneā€¦ then I saw a trailer for it, Evans was shouting ā€˜Yeah Baby!ā€™ so that was it for me, didnā€™t and wont bother.
Only get one chance with me, and they blew it.

kindle530:
I loved the original, was gonna watch the new oneā€¦ then I saw a trailer for it, Evans was shouting ā€˜Yeah Baby!ā€™ so that was it for me, didnā€™t and wont bother.
Only get one chance with me, and they blew it.

To be fair the whole format is the logical conclusion of a ā€˜carā€™ programme that was already getting to be more about the entertainment of a non car enthusiast audience.To the point where theyā€™ve now put a pop radio personality in the lead role instead of Clarkson because the BBC heads of production perceive that Evans can do PC better than Clarkson can. :unamused:

When what was needed was a change to a car programme made for people who are interested in cars. :bulb:

youtube.com/watch?v=FkOV0_mu7vo

youtube.com/watch?v=tXnh2CRQCbc

youtube.com/watch?v=bKmkQbDGd6Y

For ā€œcar stuffā€ I now watch Roadkill and Hot Rod Garage (on Youtube, on the Motor Trend Channel).

For Top Gear, I donā€™t know why they didnā€™t get Jodie Kidd in, and change the format slightly to make it more sophisticated than just a bunch of cheap gags etc. Maybe it will improve in time, maybe theyā€™ll do better things but it wasnā€™t brilliant last night.

I thought Matt Le Blanc did OK, but Evans ruined it for me. I think it would have served better to use a new set and maybe even a new name. Theyā€™re not going to be able to pick up where the others left off. Not totally unwatchable but a poor imitation of the original

just watched it with an open mind, and I think they should re-name the show,ā€¦ LOW GEAR

I did like the old show but it was a bit naff. Kind of like when you give the old racist guy down the pub a few pints just to see what he says, itā€™s funny at first but gets boring quickly.

I also find it fascinating that everyone thinks Clarkson is salt of the earth when he punched a guy because he couldnā€™t get a steak.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Evans trying too hard and trying to ape Clarkson - doesnā€™t work. Couldnā€™t hear a word the other bloke said. Will not be watching any further episodes. Robert