New Top Gear

Initial impressions. Ginger fool trying far too hard. American Friends star cannot present for toffee. 3/10.

Total bloody rubbish, will not be watching again :imp:

knew it was on tonight,could not be bothered,as I said not the same without the three,dont particularly like evans anyway,hope the ratings go down,not that it would bother evans with his millions

Missed it, when was it on ? Is it worth watching it on catch-up later ?

Couldn’t agree more when Evans got the show he did say it wouldn’t be the same it’s no different apart from two rubbish presenters that are trying to copy the original trio and are failing badly absolute trash Bro as the American would say
Roll on October when the trio are back on tv

To be fair he’s not doing a bad job of filling Clarkson’s shoes.The Vette v Viper stunt as expected was just silly.When just some serious runs at the Nurburgring and Santa Pod with Sabine Schmitz v the Stig taking turns in both would have been a better comparison.As for the silly off road go kart and Reliant and Land Rover and Jeep stunts more timewasting bollox.All of which can be blamed on BBC production demands not Evans.

As for Clarkson’s new set up.The word is that it’s not going to be possible to just get the programme on single pay per view.It can only be obtained as a total package of other unwanted zb programming. :imp: :unamused:

Carryfast:
To be fair he’s not doing a bad job of filling Clarkson’s shoes.The Vette v Viper stunt as expected was just silly.When just some serious runs at the Nurburgring and Santa Pod with Sabine Schmitz v the Stig taking turns in both would have been a better comparison.As for the silly off road go kart and Reliant and Land Rover and Jeep stunts more timewasting bollox.All of which can be blamed on BBC production demands not Evans.

As for Clarkson’s new set up the word is that it’s not going to be possible to just get the programme on single pay per view.It can only be obtained as total package of other unwanted zb programming. :imp: :unamused:

Don’t be to sure I think Evans has more say in it than you think

I aint one to automatically go with everybody else just to fit in, so I’ll just say it wasn’t THAT bad.
To be honest I would have liked it to be crap, but I quite enjoyed it, and it was only the first show to be fair.

This is from somebody who is not an Evans fan by any means, but he’s the sort of guy that anything he touches turns to gold, if you get a chance read his book (with an open mind.) love him or hate him, he’s a very sucessful guy

Not interested in cars and can’t stand Evans so I doubt I will be watching it. I just liked the original TG for Clarkson, I just liked his sense of humour. Some of the Clarkson / Top Gear specials were television at its very best.

Same show,different hosts.Albeit inferior hosts in my opinion.

I’m a Top Gear fan but I won’t be watching it, not even going to give it a look. Hope it’s a huge flop and two fingers up to the pompous BBC. First Moyles then Clarkson and their long running bias on the likes of UKIP and Brexit. Really pains me to pay the licence fee and keep them going.

I watched it right through. Won’t be watching it aagin.

quote … ‘I aint one to automatically go with everybody else just to fit in, so I’ll just say it wasn’t THAT bad.’

No! agree with you, it was worse, boring and bloody terrible :imp:

And are you saying that more than a couple of people cannot have the same opinion of tripe as they will only be saying it to fit in ? :unamused:

raymundo:
quote … ‘I aint one to automatically go with everybody else just to fit in, so I’ll just say it wasn’t THAT bad.’

No! agree with you, it was worse, boring and bloody terrible :imp:

And are you saying that more than a couple of people cannot have the same opinion of tripe as they will only be saying it to fit in ? :unamused:

No mate I’m saying what I said :bulb:… ‘ME’ being the one that doesn’t give a ■■■■ about ‘fitting in’ Can’t speak for anybody else.
So read the post next time before you jump in,…and you know what you can do with your rolling eyes.

Im with Robroy,it wasn’t that bad.Even with Chris Evens.
I was under the impression that it was going to be different in some way.

The chemistry between the original 3 was what made Topgear, Topgear. You just can’t recreate that.

I’m unsure how matt leblanc was allowed to stay in the reliant whilst traveling up the m6 on a recovery truck :open_mouth:

Then to add yet more BBC bs is the programme on Jutland.The Brit ships supposedly didn’t have any design flaws because the German ships didn’t sink with more hits.No BBC zb wits the Brit ships didn’t sink because they blew up instead because the German shells got to the magazines unlike in the case of German ships.If it was all supposedly bulkhead doors being left open then how do they explain what happened to the Hood.Which has been documented as insufficient deck armour. :unamused:

It was exactly the same except the presenters changed, the line delivery was exactly the same it just felt like they were trying too hard and it came out so forced. When they were showing shots of the audience they didn’t look to happy to be there either.

And now CF explains why the Queen Mary blew up, oh! he watched the program. The Admiralty needs you ! I think you should recall that German shells did not reach the magazines but ignited he cordite in the gun turret and the explosion had no other route but down to said magazines through open doors due to increased fire power.