New Tesco RDC at Reading

The new RDC has opened this morning, had the pleasure of being one of the first through the gates too!

Was a nice change to goto an RDC which is actually clean and welcoming, though I’m sure that will change in just a few days! I notice as well that they are still recruiting class 1 drivers if people are looking. When I arrived just after 0800 there was a major recruitment day going on, I am guessing it will be a while before it gets up to full running capacity.

Took a few pictures, mainly as I was so surprised to see an RDC quiet and clean!

The last one is such a rarity that I had to take a picture to prove it was true that they came in colour and that it wasn’t an RDC waiting room myth!

Its nice to see some pride still being taken in the job with all your curtain straps undone.Normally the lazy blokes in the back force the pallets out and hey presto…torn curtains and broken straps :cry:

Anyone able to zoom on the website address on the lorry pic? I cannot get it clear enough to read!

Mark22_2:
Anyone able to zoom on the website address on the lorry pic? I cannot get it clear enough to read!

Just google tesco careers, it’ll take you to the recruitment site :slight_smile:

I start at the Reading site on the 3rd of June. I don’t think it’s going to be running at full capacity til November

Oh no, another zb hole for us to go to, great…zb tesco!!! :smiling_imp:

Pimpdaddy:
Oh no, another zb hole for us to go to, great…zb tesco!!! :smiling_imp:

Lol, you love them really, every little helps :laughing:

First truck in and 6 hours to tip it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Selby newcomer- thanks, just done the online app, just to wait and see as I live exactly 50 miles from the depot so they may not take me!

Mark22_2:
Selby newcomer- thanks, just done the online app, just to wait and see as I live exactly 50 miles from the depot so they may not take me!

Ive applied too…

Will not miss going to Harlow when that place shuts

To the lads that have just applied to tesco Reading, I don’t know what shifts you prefer, but as far as I’m aware the night shifts are fully taken, as are the 4am-8am starts. There are still 8am-midday starts and also afternoon starts left.

selby newcomer:
To the lads that have just applied to tesco Reading, I don’t know what shifts you prefer, but as far as I’m aware the night shifts are fully taken

■■■■■■■■ :cry:

don’t quote me on that though, it’s just what my mate told me who had an interview there on Tuesday, he wanted nights as that’s what he’s been doin for the last few years, but he’s had to take 8am-midday shift. he got told it may be possible to swap if a slot becomes available if people leave or whatever.

Anyone got a link for jobs tesco reading as nothing listed on tesco recruitment thanks.

hook:
Anyone got a link for jobs tesco reading as nothing listed on tesco recruitment thanks.

TESCO

Thanks carl much appreciated.

hook:
Thanks Karl much appreciated.

FTFY

We have Exciting opportunities :open_mouth: :open_mouth: at our reading depot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,the jobs a piece of ■■■■,but exciting delivering food and collecting a load of rubbish its not,makes you wonder what kind of life the office bod who wrote that has if he finds delivering for telco exciting :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

selby newcomer:
don’t quote me on that though, it’s just what my mate told me who had an interview there on Tuesday, he wanted nights as that’s what he’s been doin for the last few years, but he’s had to take 8am-midday shift. he got told it may be possible to swap if a slot becomes available if people leave or whatever.

If I have to take a dayshift I will :laughing::lol:
Im sat in the new DC now, just had the theory test :wink:

Well I passed the theory and hazzard perception test and went well until they wanted me to do the driving assesment - Ive worked 6 days and todays the 7th so couldnt do it :blush:
Alls not lost, going back on the 22nd to do it :grimacing: