New Tesco RDC at Reading

Did you do all this in one day as ive been told just hazard perception test and interview first then come back another day for driving assessment.
How long were you there.

Theory/hazard perception test on first day useally takes about 1 hr allow about 2 hr in/out.
Driving test and interveiw second visit, Think they like you to allow 6 hrs for that.

karl67:
Theory/hazard perception test on first day useally takes about 1 hr allow about 2 hr in/out.
Driving test and interveiw second visit, Think they like you to allow 6 hrs for that.

Wait a minute, that wasn’t you there at the same time as me today was it?

I’ve got hazard test on 24th. Asked if they want me to drive as only got one day off. They said no so don’t know if I should book a day?

karl67:

6 hours?? Where do you drive too?

Seany:

karl67:

6 hours?? Where do you drive too?

This is off their email.

Please ensure you bring with you the two parts of your driving licence and your driver’s digital tachograph card as well as your PPE (steel toe cap footwear, hi-visibility vest and gloves).

As this will involve a driving assessment, you will need to account for this time (drive and interview) within your rest periods. With this in mind please ensure you have sufficient rest period prior to your appointment time.

Please allow up to 6 hours to complete your assessment.

DAF95XF:
Wait a minute, that wasn’t you there at the same time as me today was it?

Nope.

6 hours is way over the top, I think they are just saying that as if they have quite a few to assess and you might have to wait in a queue to be assessed. But it generally takes about 2 hours, you get assessed which takes about an hour max, then have an interview which is 45 mins, so 3 hours should cover it I’d say, think I was in and out in less time.

What did you do on your driving assessment ?

delete

karl67:
What did you do on your driving assessment ?

Start with unit and trailer checks, then couple up. Then I was asked to reverse onto a bay. Then you leave the site and have a drive round Reading and then head out to the M4 via the A329m and then upto junc 11 and back to the site. Not very long at all if there’s no traffic to contend with. My mate done his assessment round that route and it took 90 mins, when I done it, it was about 40 mins.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNExr1AHtFA

Had a driving assessment yesterday with Tesco. Very easy reverse plenty of space between trailers.

Not bad then.
Whats the interview like ? do they inform you by email if you got it or not ?

ochen:
Had a driving assessment yesterday with Tesco. Very easy reverse plenty of space between trailers.

Won’t be bad at dagenham then it’s got very few trailers .

karl67:
Not bad then.
Whats the interview like ? do they inform you by email if you got it or not ?

Interview is just basically asking about your experience and a general chat about yourself. Nothing excessive. Then they tell you what the job involves and you will be asked what shifts you want, I’m unsure what’s available shift wise now, so you’ll have to wait to see what they say on that one.

They phoned me up the day after or maybe 2 days after to tell me I had been successful

Yep they will call me if Im in

selby newcomer:
They phoned me up the day after or maybe 2 days after to tell me I had been successful

Good on ya.

Well i see how tomorrow go’s.

Make sure you chose night shift as they pay you 25% bonus for doing nights (22:00-06:00)

karl67:

selby newcomer:

Good on ya.

Well i see how tomorrow go’s.

Cheers mate, goodluck for yours :smiley:

ochen:
Make sure you chose night shift as they pay you 25% bonus for doing nights (22:00-06:00)

That’s interesting to see i’ll have a read later.
Nights is what i was hoping for as thats what i done as a subby.