New Stobart Trucks

Whats the deal with the 58 plate Stobart Scanias. They are the new G cab, and are only 4x2, with 380 bhp. Obviously not for tramping in, but what use are they? Cos they aint 44 tonne, must have got them cheap I suppose.

TOSS-cos

i don’t know but saw a blue stobart scanny tag axle with a low loader on yesterday?

Probably something to do with WA Dvelopments

DS074:
TOSS-cos

Never thought of that!

I did hear that a lot of the 6x2 scanias at Goole where being replaced, and them going to Sherburn depot…but you hear a rumour daily at Stobarts. The low-loader in blue would have been WA Developments as you said.

I had the mis-fortune of driving an Innovate globetrotter today 57 plate…what a SHED!

the blue scania is stobart rail.

A further question with Stobarts trucks…why are some painted in normal livery, but have James Irlam written on the side of the cab?

roughyed:
A further question with Stobarts trucks…why are some painted in normal livery, but have James Irlam written on the side of the cab?

could be something to do with stobarts now owning irlams :laughing: :laughing:

Thats gonna be another livery disappearing of the roads eventually then.

I’m aware that Stobarts own Irlmas, but why paint it in traditional Stobart colours, but put sign on saying " James Irlam"?

Mr B:
the blue scania is stobart rail.

■■? Might of been an O’ Connors but doubt that would of been pulling a low loader

another thing about Stobarts, youd think with all there buting power they would spec top fleet cabs, but they dont, e.g Sacnia Highlines instead of toplines, and my friend has just had a brand new Man, and its an XLX, not an XXL

roughyed:
I’m aware that Stobarts own Irlmas, but why paint it in traditional Stobart colours, but put sign on saying " James Irlam"?

For a total head [zb]

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F

IIRC the 4 wheel Scanias are replacing Innovates Volvos.

It was on Roadtransport.com a while back because they’re manuals, since Stobbies drivers are supposed to get better fuel returns that way.

garnerlives:

roughyed:

For a total head [zb]

Could it be something to do with the o licence?

quote edited…Denis F

Mr B:

garnerlives:

roughyed:

For a total head [zb]

Could it be something to do with the o licence?

Keep the company name saves the cost of re-registering the company in your name, Plus they then have the option of running 1 or 2 of their companies at a loss for tax reasons.

quote edited…Denis F

As DS074 says, they are for the Tesco contract. No need for big cabs or heavy weights.

Interesting to compare with Morrison’s recent additions - 6x2 360 Axors. Mind you the CF’s were 6x2 360’s as well.

Stobarts have new O’Connors in the Stobart wrap as well - something to keep spotters happy!

TC

bugcos:
Whats the deal with the 58 plate Stobart Scanias. They are the new G cab, and are only 4x2, with 380 bhp. Obviously not for tramping in, but what use are they? Cos they aint 44 tonne, must have got them cheap I suppose.

might be too do with some bloke under-speccing the trucks, no fog lights or zb all , rumour is he got the bullet , whether its true or not , no idea, but thats the rumour doing the rounds

anyone got a picture of one of these■■?