New site now fully open - ng17 3fw

As it says, our new training centre is due to officially open this September. The location is Stanton Hill, Sutton in Ashfield NG17 3FW. We purchased the former haulage yard in February and it’s seen serious development since then. Having said that, today (10th July) it still resembles a bomb site!!

It features two freshly concreted reversing areas, garage training area (can be used for undercover training/testing in bad weather for Mod 4 etc) air conditioned offices and training room for 20 delegates.

It has received provisional accreditation for DVSA LGV Training Centre as well as approval for test centre. So we will continue to offer tests from our own site.

Our current premises have been fantastic but, as many Trucknetters know, it’s shared with a bus company and we do occasionally have problems with buses all over the place! So this, being soley ours, is a huge improvement and step forward.

But this is the best bit … OPEN DAY on SATURDAY 12th SEPTEMBER. FREE BACON BUTTIES - sponsored by Adina Recruitment. COME AND HAVE A NOSEY OR MAYBE TRY YOUR HAND AT REVERSING A FULL SIZE ARTIC - - ALL FREE. (Please contact me to reserve a time for reversing to avoid long queues). Open Day starts at 9am and will run until everyone’s gone.

If you have training booked with us after end August, it will probably be from the new site - - if you have any doubt, please call the office to confirm.

Look forward to seeing loads of you there.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Went there today Pete to do reversing and uncouple/couple. It’s a great space to do the training from.

I left some tyre marks on the new concrete so Tim said I had to clean them off with anti bac wipes :smiley:

Sounds great and I can’t wait to get started - just waiting for a cheque to clear by next Tuesday, then I’ll be booking my training. :slight_smile: Looking forward to it.

I left some tyre marks on the new concrete so Tim said I had to clean them off with anti bac wipes

LOL I’ll have them ready for Monday!

Still a massive amount to do but should all be done by mid August (so I’m told by folks that know about these things)

Sounds great and I can’t wait to get started - just waiting for a cheque to clear by next Tuesday, then I’ll be booking my training. :slight_smile: Looking forward to it.

Thank you. That’s much appreciated. Remember to claim the 10% Trucknet discount when you make the booking.

Congrats Peter, any chance of a photo? Funny thing is we only just finished our new yard this week (see picture), had the place since 2001, put in two warehouses, maintenance garage with inspection pit, air con classrooms, forklift training in one of the warehouses and this week £70,000 of concrete, all on our own site - best move we ever made getting our site that no other company has access to but us.

Let us know how your open day goes as we will be having one soon, just need to get myself to bookers to buy the food, no beer i’m afraid - not a good PR exercise to give free booze to drivers!

I hope you have some good weather on the day.

Not showing any photos at the moment as it’s in a terrible state. Cant make an omelette without breaking eggs apparently!

Give it another month and it should be finished - at last.

You are, of course, welcome to come and have a wander round whenever you want.

BTW I wish I’d got away with £70k of concrete!!!

It will be worth it in the end Peter, £70,000 was for only half of our yard the rest is tarmac, just worked out we have invested £1.3million since 2001, which is immense really, we have a lot of customers to thank to enable us to achieve this and hopefully the future will continue to be successful for both of us.

Now that more DVSA centres are closing its become a natural progression to develop our own site, just wonder how the small providers will adapt, my guess is they will find it more difficult as the likes of us become/maintain test centres.

Thanks to Adina Recruitment for sponsoring the bacon butties - - possibly one of the most important jobs of the event!!!

sounds like a trip up from kent just for a free buttie :smiley:

sounds fantastic look forward to it!will all the PSTT crew be there on the day?

Many team members will be there. Look forward to seeing you. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like you’re going to need a LOT of bacon! :laughing:

One or two nervous pigs around here!

Might have to come, really want to try an artic out!

Pete I passed with you an out 10 years ago both class 1 & 2 at the site before the last one!

Can I come and practice my reversing whilst eating a bacon buttie you know advanced reversing lol

Dav

Hope it all goes well for you all.

Hi Dav. Good to hear from you again. Forget the reversing bit - just come and have a buttie.

Hi Pete
not been on for a long time and just saw this if I can I might have a day out and come and see u all , promise ill contribute some biccies if I make it :wink:

good luck with the new site

jx

Hi Jennie. Great to hear from you again and hope all is going well. Everyone’s welcome - but biccies make you an extra special guest!

Hope you can make it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hey Pete,

That’s excellent news about the new yard and business doing so well.

I wish I could pop up and see it, so relying on you for good pictures.

Also dropped you a PM.

Take care.

C