New site now fully open - ng17 3fw

Might have to book on this and let my girlfriend have a go at reversing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not a problem at all!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

What a day!!! Started in the pouring rain, then cleared up, then more rain and cleared up again with a bit of sunshine. But none of this put off the folks wanting a go in an artic and a buttie.

Thanks to everyone who came; good to meet some of you. Many apologies to those who I didn’t see or only had a tiny bit of time with.

Folks seem to have enjoyed the day; I think we’ll do this again!

My girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed herself, thanks Pete :unamused: :laughing:
And I had a go in it as well :blush: :blush:
Oh and the burgers were nice as well :stuck_out_tongue:

DAF95XF:
My girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed herself, thanks Pete :unamused: :laughing:
And I had a go in it as well :blush: :blush:
Oh and the burgers were nice as well :stuck_out_tongue:

I did enjoy myself, certainly something to think about for the future! :smiley:
Just a question though, seeing that I hold a full PCV licence and current driver cpc, how would that affect the training modules for classes C and CE?

Thank you very much for your hospitality, you have lovely premises there! :smiley:

very good site and i had a go in a both wagons with chris and dave ! glad I made the 6hr round trip :smiley:

Satseq:

DAF95XF:
Just a question though, seeing that I hold a full PCV licence and current driver cpc, how would that affect the training modules for classes C and CE?

You will need to do these modules - assuming you do not have LGV C1 on your licence - if you do then exclude mods 2 + 4

LGV C
1a theory
1b HPT
2 dcpc theory
3 practical road drive/reverse
4 dcpc practical

LGV C+E
3 practical road drive/reverse/un-couple

Thanks ROG. Missed that one.

ROG:

Satseq:

DAF95XF:

You will need to do these modules - assuming you do not have LGV C1 on your licence - if you do then exclude mods 2 + 4

LGV C
1a theory
1b HPT
2 dcpc theory
3 practical road drive/reverse
4 dcpc practical

LGV C+E
3 practical road drive/reverse/un-couple

Thanks ROG, I thought that originally that but weren’t sure… :sunglasses:

As always Pete all your staff were very welcoming and every single one share your devotion regarding their jobs and it comes across, was wonderful seeing you all and the drive in Big Beauty was a real boost even after a year not driving due to my operations, it all comes back in an instant and now am fighting fit again can resume work on HGV as had no problems with the knee at all , and even still have my reversing skills your HAT is still safe lol :smiley: :smiley:

Daf95XF was great to meet you and your girlfriend when she signing up for her hgv :wink: didn’t realise you lived so close so if ya see us driving around you know the veh just give us a flash :slight_smile:

Peter you should be very proud of all your staff and the new premises are fab good luck for the future you all deserve it ■■

Pete

What a fantastic set up.Really enjoyed seeing you again and all your staff and doing the reverse in the artic.
All of your staff come across as enthusiastic and very professional.The butties were spot on as well.
The new set up looks very impressive and you should be proud ,as I bet it took alot of planning,details etc.
Thank you ! :smiley:

Thanks for the comments. I’m very proud of the staff whether they slave away tirelessly in the office providing superb customer service or if they are on the front line delivering top quality training.

I’m equally proud of the new training centre. Everything now is in place to make the training experience as enjoyable and pain-free as possible.

Anyone’s welcome to come and have a look around, no appointments necessary, during normal office hours.

Thanks again, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

And my girlfriend has just won a voucher from the open day :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Hi Pete, the new yard is lovely! Thanks to Dave, for the assessment drive today, enjoyed the Iveco. Dave was great too, made me feel at ease. Think I will be taking you up on the 10% truck net offer when I’ve spoke to the office tomorrow! The cuppa was great too!
Good luck at Stanton Hill!

Pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and thanks for the comments.

All the best with the course. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi, Bit late off the mark as only just signed up here but just to add to the chorus - a great day. Very friendly staff, great bacon buttie and fantastic to get behind the wheel of a truck for the first time. A beautiful site and nice to chat with some insiders. Congrats and thanks to all.

looking good up there pete :sunglasses: :grimacing: any parking for 2 artics :wink:

burnley-si:
looking good up there pete :sunglasses: :grimacing: any parking for 2 artics :wink:

Think I saw both your motors in a yard just before Petes on my way in these last 2 days, got to say they look better in the flesh than on photos!

Hope the first few months of your new yard has been successful. Reading some of the replies here made me smile. I get that it is a big investment developing a new site, after all, it cost us here at GTG in Wolverhampton £10,000,000 to build, develop and commission our new DVSA training and testing site in the West Midlands. Add to that another £10,000,000 for each of our sites in Scotland and it starts to get pricey!

Hope it all goes well for you.

gavingtg

NickW88:

burnley-si:

Think I saw both your motors in a yard just before Petes on my way in these last 2 days, got to say they look better in the flesh than on photos!

thanks mate :grimacing: red one needs a bath and polish and the wheels need redoing :smiling_imp: