New Scania....

They are growing on me. Had a look around Mr Whites new S730 yesterday. Seems very high quality, interior very solid. Scania fanboys will hate me saying this but the dash and inside setup reminds me of a Actros Gigasoace. That’s actually a compliment, I love the Actris

switchlogic:
They are growing on me. Had a look around Mr Whites new S730 yesterday. Seems very high quality, interior very solid. Scania fanboys will hate me saying this but the dash and inside setup reminds me of a Actros Gigasoace. That’s actually a compliment, I love the Actris

Is it flat floor straight through like the Actros Luke?

robroy:

switchlogic:

Indeed it is. To be honest I actually prefer a small hump like the Volvos. I find with totally flat floors crap from your boots tends to spread about more

What made the Actros flat floor even worse was the stupid mat they had there in the middle, did MB actually look for the type of material most likely to attract and retain fluff and stuff? It was like trying to clean velcro! :laughing:

Reef:
What made the Actros flat floor even worse was the stupid mat they had there in the middle, did MB actually look for the type of material most likely to attract and retain fluff and stuff? It was like trying to clean velcro! :laughing:

Oh god yes that’s true. Because I drive other drivers lorries these days if it’s clean when I get in I roll it up and pop it on top bunk because cleaning it takes so bloody long

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:

Indeed it is. To be honest I actually prefer a small hump like the Volvos. I find with totally flat floors crap from your boots tends to spread about more

Any chance you might be getting a trip out in White’s 730 in the near future, if so a diary would be good.

Saw a photo of White’s 730 on FB, looked as I would expect very nice !

Not Whites but driving one for a couple of weeks soon

Reef:

Not just me then. :smiley:
Bloody awful thing to keep clean.

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:

Did I not read somewhere (or hear at an rdc, so must be true :smiley: ) that Mercedes had the patent,and rights thereof, to a complete flat floor design, and that is why every other truck has a ‘’ token’’ ridge in the middle of various heights.

robroy:

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:

Did I not read somewhere (or hear at an rdc, so must be true :smiley: ) that Mercedes had the patent,and rights thereof, to a complete flat floor design, and that is why every other truck has a ‘’ token’’ ridge in the middle of various heights.

Wouldn’t have thought so Renault magnum had a flat floor long before the Actros.

The ridge is actually a good idea stops items rolling /sliding from one side to the other and getting stuck possibly under a pedal

switchlogic:
Not Whites but driving one for a couple of weeks soon

Nice

Saw Bulls (Chepstow?) new Scania on M4 last night…wonder how many will be banging on the door begging to get in there, hoping for the glory truck?

norb:
The ridge is actually a good idea stops items rolling /sliding from one side to the other and getting stuck possibly under a pedal

Yep, Sed Ack 401 had a superb flat tray with decent lip all around, nothing would fall off.

Doncha just love how in many modern motors stuff rolls off the slippery as an ice rink semi curved centre and wedges itself in that most ideal of places to retrieve items from, between the bloody bonnet cover and the drivers seat :unamused: not sure which is worse for this Scania or MAN.

Hope none of you that have a new scania need a windscreen any time soon. Was talking to a guy today and he was telling me they have had one parked up for over 2 weeks cos they can’t get a replacement screen anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
Hope none of you that have a new scania need a windscreen any time soon. Was talking to a guy today and he was telling me they have had one parked up for over 2 weeks cos they can’t get a replacement screen anywhere.

You do get that kind of thing and I can’t understand why they can’t just ship one destined for the factory floor as leaves a really bad impression with customers.

Own Account Driver:

damoq:

You do get that kind of thing and I can’t understand why they can’t just ship one destined for the factory floor as leaves a really bad impression with customers.

Is the indisputable fact the customer is the most important person in the company being forgotten one might wonder, didn’t British lorry builders go down this road at one time, good product but back up 24/7 servicing parts aftercare etc neglected.

Cars the perfect example, certain (usually German) brands are currently there and have been down this road, engines self destructing, gearboxes whilst impressive don’t last and cost as much as the car is worth at the time when they fail, dealers who appear to be under the impression they are doing the customer a grand favour by allowing them to be seen driving one of their high image products, and these customers seemingly happy to carry on no matter what so long as they get to park the right badge on the drive?

goshow:
When I started class 1 driving (1999) I was lead to believe the Scania was the Rolls Royce of the HGV world, how wrong was that statement?!!

I decided against a HGV career and did something else for 15 years but in 2014 I returned to HGV driving. That was when I drove my first Scania, a 2013 Scania R580. It was without doubt the biggest disappointment of my driving career. I expected a hell of a lot more.

When the latest model Scania was launched I thought is was ugly. In plain livery I still think it’s ugly but when tarted up and done in corporate decals they look the absolute bollox.

I still truly believe that Scania are the Audi of the truck world; Driven / purchased by folk who think they are something they’re not.

I currently drive a 65 plate Volvo FH13 500 and it is definitely the best truck I’ve ever had. I’d love to drive one of the new Scanias though.

All I can say to this is it’s a bloody job you left it until 2014 to start driving lorries if a 580 Scania was a disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

seen a few of these like the big American rigs, would so love an 18 wheeler or

:stuck_out_tongue:

damoq:

That always confuses me as they are still building them ,so they must have windscreens >>.I know everything is done just in time ,but surely they must make extra for customers and accident in the factory or when being delivered