New Scania....

Honestscott76:

eagerbeaver:

biggriffin:
:lol:

att:
…Not so good then? Fuel mileage not great, plus they look like bin lorries :question:
Any similar findings as yet?
Few other probs as well :wink:

O dear, you will rot in a barrel of, wee, for even thinking that a big angry chicken is not the best truck since a steam sentinel

We found a few hanging around in our garage looking dodgy this morning… :wink:

They’re wasted on Poles and Romanians.

Yeah, who in their right mind would give the Poles an expensive and powerful modern machine?..

imagesAMY04DYH.jpg

eagerbeaver:

Honestscott76:

eagerbeaver:

biggriffin:
:lol:

att:
…Not so good then? Fuel mileage not great, plus they look like bin lorries :question:
Any similar findings as yet?
Few other probs as well :wink:

O dear, you will rot in a barrel of, wee, for even thinking that a big angry chicken is not the best truck since a steam sentinel

We found a few hanging around in our garage looking dodgy this morning… :wink:

They’re wasted on Poles and Romanians.

Yeah, who in their right mind would give the Poles an expensive and powerful modern machine?..

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] A good comparison, both killing machines in the wrong hands.

Honestscott76:
A good comparison, both killing machines in the wrong hands.

Feel the need to but in here, to be serious for a minute.
I know you’re only joking mate, but tbf (and respectful :bulb: ) the Polish squadrons had some of the finest fighter pilots on our side, so in the right hands maybe eh?
AND a lot of the poor sods were put in camps by the Russians when they returned to Poland.

Yeh…I know, …I’m sounding like Carryfast again. :blush: :smiley:

As for the new Scania, they don’t look as good as the older Topliners, but I would still have a one tomorrow instead of my Merc.

robroy:

Honestscott76:
A good comparison, both killing machines in the wrong hands.

Feel the need to but in here, to be serious for a minute.
I know you’re only joking mate, but tbf (and respectful :bulb: ) the Polish squadrons had some of the finest fighter pilots on our side, so in the right hands maybe eh?
AND a lot of the poor sods were put in camps by the Russians when they returned to Poland.

Yeh…I know, …I’m sounding like Carryfast again. :blush: :smiley:

As for the new Scania, they don’t look as good as the older Topliners, but I would still have a one tomorrow instead of my Merc.

Totally agree Robroy, with all of that post :smiley:

Quick MPG update for anyone who maybe interested.

Avg 10.4 currently after 5200 km’s.

eagerbeaver:

Slow MPG response, what weights you pulling Mate ■■

eddie snax:

eagerbeaver:

Not that much generally mate. Various trailers but mostly DD.

It’s now up to 10.7, so gradually getting up to the 11 mpg that we should be seeing.

eagerbeaver:

eddie snax:

eagerbeaver:

It’s now up to 10.7, so gradually getting up to the 11 mpg that we should be seeing.

What speed you running at beaver is it the normal thompson speeds :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

Let’s put it this way Col…

[zb] all has passed me since I’ve had it :laughing: (And that includes our potato picking friends and the livestock lads)

eagerbeaver:

[zb] all has passed me since I’ve had it :laughing: (And that includes our potato picking friends and the livestock lads)

Good man i have thay fun aswell :sunglasses: The S730 in my place it ment to be doing 9-9.5 mpg but dont know if the guy on it is talking balls or but yours is doing fine for being new.

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

Good man i have thay fun aswell :sunglasses: The S730 in my place it ment to be doing 9-9.5 mpg but dont know if the guy on it is talking balls or but yours is doing fine for being new.

Not sure what our S730 is doing Col, but you can get 9.5 reasonably easy out of our V8 520’s if driven sensibly so your guy may be speaking the truth :bulb:

But it’s probably ■■■■■■■■ :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

Not sure what our S730 is doing Col, but you can get 9.5 reasonably easy out of our V8 520’s if driven sensibly so your guy may be speaking the truth :bulb:

Were you on the M6 southbound around Junction 13 about 3pm today? There was a lane closure due a broken down lorry and saw one of Mark Thompsons behind me scudding up the inside :smiley: . Remembered you worked for them and wondered if it was you

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

They’re…

Brand new motors. The engines will be tighter than a bent politicians bank acount. Give 'em a few months and the fuel figures will improve.

Not me flying mutt. I was on the Northbound side though coincidently around Stafford at that time on my way back up to Warrington from Enfield.

Sure you were going the right way mate? :laughing: I did see some of our peasants on the other side though driving Actros’ :wink:

eagerbeaver:
Not me flying mutt. I was on the Northbound side though coincidently around Stafford at that time on my way back up Warrington from Enfield.

Sure you were going the right way mate? :laughing: I did see some of our peasants on the other side though driving Actros’ :wink:

Well I’ve ended up in Heathrow so I suppose so :laughing: . 8 hours later from the boat over. So much for the tang expressway. There’s nothing express about it! The slowest most boring 2 and a quarter hours ever.

This one had curtains pulled over peekaboo stylee, but I wasn’t going to add that until knew it wasnt you incase you were a closet peekaboo person :laughing: . It might have been a Hitler’s revenge actually now you mention.

Other lorry observation on my journey saw an XPO tanker do the lane self policeman thing behind me for about fifteen mins and he got all puffy chested through his window when some cars squeezed down the side :laughing: .

eagerbeaver:

eddie snax:

eagerbeaver:

You’re only getting good mpg because you’re slipstreaming old duffers down the M6 :laughing:

Freight Dog:

eagerbeaver:
Not me flying mutt. I was on the Northbound side though coincidently around Stafford at that time on my way back up Warrington from Enfield.

Well I’ve ended up in Heathrow so I suppose so :laughing: . 8 hours later from the boat over. So much for the tang expressway. There’s nothing express about it! The slowest most boring 2 and a quarter hours ever.

This one had curtains pulled over peekaboo stylee, but I wasn’t going to add that until knew it wasnt you incase you were a closet peekaboo person :laughing: . It might have been a Hitler’s revenge actually now you mention.

Other lorry observation on my journey saw an XPO tanker do the lane self policeman thing behind me for about fifteen mins and he got all puffy chested through his window when some cars squeezed down the side :laughing: .

" Hitler’s revenge " :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

Freight Dog:

eagerbeaver:

" Hitler’s revenge " :laughing: :laughing:

With the powerliner 2, fitters used to say you needed Himmlers password to get the eps gearbox to work :laughing:

They have put the stereo/radio further away from you and it is not a good unit, so this detracts from the driving/environment.
They have somehow made an unladen vehicle, feel as though it is laden this is just weird.

The rest of it is just not an improvement, I drove the old model on a 66 plate and the new one back to back…The nannying is obtrusive on both, they are vehicles designed for idiots, those who just want to steer the wheel…They have no place in a place where drivers actually drive, they are in insult.

Poor, very poor.

Seems they can update the cabs just a shame they cant make a decent pressure release valve spring in their crap oil pumps.Mind you only about 500 quid a pop every 200,000 clicks.