New or Old?

If money were no object, which would you buy?

Old, maybe a Leyland Octopus or an old Scania.

Atkinson borderer 240 Gardner

I would be greedy and have both; old would have to be an ERF LV, and new a nice posh V8 Scania

I’d go in the middle, there’s a restored 143-500 Topline Streamline that was in the magazines a couple of years ago, that’d do me nicely, a few creature comforts and a bit less technological junk to go wrong :sunglasses:

Although if money was no object…I would be driving something Italian, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, maybe one of each, but definitely not IVECO :laughing:

Although if money was no object…I would be driving something Italian, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, maybe one of each, but definitely not IVECO :laughing:
[/quote]
how about a boat “I know where a jobs going” !!!

It all depends on what you’re going to use it for.

For just keeping in a garage and taking out now and then I’d have a Scania 141.

For actually using it to earn a living and driving everyday I’d have a Volvo VN.

Or are we talking about women? Well,now then,where do I start!

Would have to an erf ec14 525, 6x2 on air with an olympic cab.

Twin eminox and a jake brake, and must have a twin splitter.

Would be still able to work it at 44 ton and enjoy myself in the process :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mandator V8 with a 13 speed fuller or a GUY Big j with a 240 Gardner :wink:

If cash was no object you could have the lot…

:grimacing: :grimacing: A money printing machine

Old for work; Foden 4000 series with 350 Cat
New for work; I’d ask to try a Merc Axor, MAN TG-whatever you get on 8w tippers or a Volvo FMX before deciding.
Old for fun; Bedford O’Type flatbed and Dodge Kew tipper.

You ‘Helldriver’ with the dodge…

ramone:
Mandator V8 with a 13 speed fuller or a GUY Big j with a 240 Gardner :wink:

And both would be like looking for “rocking horse ■■■■” !! Cheers Anon1.

:smiley: mmm…new mack daycab with M-shift.( think volvo i-shift)
old.for work… maggie deutz 8 wheeler wi sand /gravel body…with fuller box.
old for fun… F86 unit… :smiley: :smiley:
jimmy

An AEC Mk.V MM or Sed Atki 400 (■■■■■■■ and Fuller) for work. A new jaguar XJR (5 litre V8 with a big supercharger nailed on top) for play. :stuck_out_tongue:

A V8 Scanie ,any year any HP, without a limiter but with the microwave and all the bells on for a toy.

Dream On :slight_smile:

White road commander for fun for work MAN 30 331 8 wheel tipper.

would most like a time machine and be 21 and think ohh just forget bout getn a hgv licence too much legislation nowadays

ummm… 3300 ATI space cab or (believe it or not) an ERF E14

(that said, I had quite a soft spot for the H reg Renault Turboliner I used to drive. Even though the gearbox left me with a left arm like Schwarzenegger)