New look for the forum

You may have noticed the new look in here, Michelin have sponsored this forum. we have tested the new look as far as possible but if you spot any bugs please let us know in this thread.
Please let us know when reporting bugs your browser, which version, and the system your using (PC, MAC, iPhone etc)
More news on the Michelin sponsorship will be posted soon

What no complaints? you guys are slipping :sunglasses:

Opera > right click > block content = nothing to comment on. :slight_smile:

It’s a nice look and a bit different.

Opera on iOS iPad

No wonder Michelins are so expensive. :smiley:

you pay for quality :wink:

Rikki-UK:
you pay for quality :wink:

there is paying for quality and then there is being ripped :wink:

yes, Michelin tyres are good and last a long time, but, you can get cheaper tyres that will have a better PPM life cycle

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. If Toyota are happy to use Hankook as standard fitment across its range then I’m happy to use them on my truck at £150 less a tyre.

I guess this isn’t the sort of thing you’re looking for? :wink:

Its not a problem Harry, you have a view- Michlin have sponsored this forum to support owner drivers and small fleet operators- they have done so after seeing the trials and tribulations that have been discussed here. They havent supported just tyres- which is their area - they have decided to support the whole arena that is this forum , yes Michelin will want you to look at thier products- and we will promote them, but the choice of what you use on your wheels is always down to you.
The very fact that no other manufacturer takes your own discusssion area seriously apart from Michelin may give you some confidence that they do understand that/ or are learning that the owner driver /small fleet market is some thing they need to help. I cant get into detail but over the course of this sposnsorship there is going to be opportunties for owner drivers/small fleets to see how Michelin products can make a difference to their bottom line, we are in the first days of this sponsorship there is more to come

Rikki-UK:
Its not a problem Harry, you have a view- Michlin have sponsored this forum to support owner drivers and small fleet operators- they have done so after seeing the trials and tribulations that have been discussed here. They havent supported just tyres- which is their area - they have decided to support the whole arena that is this forum , yes Michelin will want you to look at thier products- and we will promote them, but the choice of what you use on your wheels is always down to you.
The very fact that no other manufacturer takes your own discusssion area seriously apart from Michelin may give you some confidence that they do understand that/ or are learning that the owner driver /small fleet market is some thing they need to help. I cant get into detail but over the course of this sposnsorship there is going to be opportunties for owner drivers/small fleets to see how Michelin products can make a difference to their bottom line, we are in the first days of this sponsorship there is more to come

are they going to be doing discounts for forum members on their truck tyres?

as i eluded to earlier if a Michelin costs £400 for a drive tyre, and will cover 200,000 Kms, and a Hankook (other brands are available) costs £300, but, will only cover 160,000 KMs, then the Hankook is not only cheaper, but, also better value for money

personally, i like Bridgestones on the unit, but not the trailer

There’s no doubt that Michelins are a good tyre, Gregory’s use them exclusively on both tractors and trailers but Gregory’s are big enough to negotiate a price, if Michelin do genuinely want to help people like me then I’d be more than happy to help them.

As it stands now though, if I bought a Michelin tyre at list price I would simply be paying £150 more than a Hankook or a Continental to subsidise Formula One racing. :wink:

Rikki-UK:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are you for real?

Rob K:

Rikki-UK:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are you for real?

I guess the smart marketing bods at Michelin think they’re under-represented in the willy waving market sector. :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Rikki-UK:

as i eluded to earlier if a Michelin costs £400 for a drive tyre, and will cover 200,000 Kms, and a Hankook (other brands are available) costs £300, but, will only cover 160,000 KMs, then the Hankook is not only cheaper, but, also better value for money

I’m hoping better casing life on Michelin drives - currently got Michelin remixes on both my two units now, and pleased with them so far as was cautious about them on anything but trailers. Gradually changing to Taurus (Hungarian Michelin subsidiary) on steers and midlift after good results - previously Continentals which I thought were poor in the wet.

Thank god for that :open_mouth: thought something was wrong with a big fat bloke in front of me
only thing I can say is the banner when you open a topic is a tad large .
other wise Nice one and I cant seem to find the link for where we go to download our 10% off voucher for tyres :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Own Account Driver:

shuttlespanker:

Rikki-UK:

I’m hoping better casing life on Michelin drives - currently got Michelin remixes on both my two units now, and pleased with them so far as was cautious about them on anything but trailers. Gradually changing to Taurus (Hungarian Michelin subsidiary) on steers and midlift after good results - previously Continentals which I thought were poor in the wet.

I was using the cost and distance as examples, not as fact

Harry Monk:
As it stands now though, if I bought a Michelin tyre at list price I would simply be paying £150 more than a Hankook or a Continental to subsidise Formula One racing. :wink:

Only if you bought the Michelins before 2007 … then Bridgestone became the sole supplier in F1 for a few years and for the last couple it’s been Pirelli.

The Michelin vs Goodyear years were good though :slight_smile:

Harry Monk:

you buy tyres at list price ? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve used Michelin encores on drive/lift axles on & off for several years, they’re a decent tyre for farm use ( we cut more than we wear out )

I also put a pair of Michelins on the front axle of the FH a while back (normally I would use Bridgestones on there but couldn’t get any quick enough) , so we will see how they go !

Got to feel for Rikki here he asks a question about the site and it goes in to a rant about the spinsters products. If he got sponsorship off bp and free fuel for a week for everyone I think some would moan it wasn’t from shell.
At the end of the day trucknet Is a business and costs money to run. I’m sure we don’t want to pay to use it so the money has to come from somewhere.

kr79:
Got to feel for Rikki here he asks a question about the site and it goes in to a rant about the spinsters products. If he got sponsorship off bp and free fuel for a week for everyone I think some would moan it wasn’t from shell.
At the end of the day trucknet Is a business and costs money to run. I’m sure we don’t want to pay to use it so the money has to come from somewhere.

if BP offered me free fuel for a week, i would gladly accept it :wink:

just the same as if Michelin offered me a free set of tyres for the truck, i would accept them too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: