New look for the forum

i,m ok for tyres, i,ll have one of them little fat blokes to sit on my mirror arm though :smiley:

Rob K:
Opera > right click > block content = nothing to comment on. :slight_smile:

But you felt the need to post a comment anyway. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You really do have too much time on your hands.

Anyone who looks at tyres on a ppm basis is missing the point :open_mouth:

A tyre that costs twice as much as its rivals and wears out twice as fast can actually be cheaper in the long run, it’s all about rolling resistance. Your biggest expense is fuel, tyre costs are ridiculously low in comparison, so a tyre that is proven to bring fuel savings is going to be more cost effective than one that lasts longer but uses more fuel every mile it does :bulb:

No tyre company pays as much attention to fuel savings as Michelin, they’ve been doing it for years too. I had my introduction to rolling resistance courtesy of Michelin in 2000, I only went to the conference as Michelin lay on a good spread, but when I realised that they made absolute sense I started looking into it all & discovered that rolling resistance is responsible for a third of the diesel you burn going down the road, so any improvement puts money in your pocket.

There are some decent low rolling resistance tyres from Bridgestone & Continental too, but Michelin have the lowest in every position/type, cheap they ain’t, they’re free if you work out :open_mouth: the fuel savings you’ll get

When I subbed for John Mann he ran Toyos across his fleet, he bought a few Fruehauf trailers fitted with the then new Michelin energy tyres, my F10 was considerably better on fuel pulling one of those trailers, I reckon verging on .5 mpg on a round trip to Casablanca, if I was looking to save money on highway work I would be looking at their products or subsidieries of.

Glad you have their sponsoship/advertising or whatever rikki, fair play for getting it. It looks great nice & bold & colourfull.

Coming from a off road driving background I’ve never paid attention to tyres as your more likely to write a tyre off than wear it out but on road you realy have to look at the bigger picture.
On the main forum there is a big thread about checking tyre pressure. If I hada fleet this is an urea that I’d be looking at closely

kr79:
Coming from a off road driving background I’ve never paid attention to tyres as your more likely to write a tyre off than wear it out but on road you realy have to look at the bigger picture.
On the main forum there is a big thread about checking tyre pressure. If I hada fleet this is an urea that I’d be looking at closely

:open_mouth: Are you taking the ■■■■ or got DEF on the brain now :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Always use Mich’s on the front as I’m paranoid about drivers side blow out.

The new x1 trailer tyre looks interesting with Nestlé saying they get 50% more mileage out of them, boughey use them as well.

They do snow tyres, xdw ice grips which are meant to be good in winter.

Think they’ve just introduced all season tyres as well which would be a good compromise.

There, that should pay for the sponsorship! They should offer % off vouchers though to members on here, no brainer really.

Hankook are good tyres these days,have used michelin,goodyear and others in the past.

billybigrig:

kr79:

:open_mouth: Are you taking the ■■■■ or got DEF on the brain now :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah the fumes got me lol

Lets be very clear here, Michelins sponsorship of these forum doesnt mean you have to love them or their products- you can voice a reasoned opinion about Michelin’s or any one elses products , and have a reasoned view, However what we wont allow is people just having a dig because they sponsored this forum as has happened because a few folks thought it was “funny”.
Michelin will not respond to comments that are only meant to cause a stir - comments that are not constructive, and designed to atagonise will be removed- constructive comments - even negative ones will remain as long as they are voiced in a reasonable manner. Michelin are paying for you to have this space, at least be respectful please.

Jeez, some people are childish…

Rob K:

Rikki-UK:
Its not a problem Harry, you have a view- Michelin have sponsored this forum to support owner drivers and small fleet operators- they have done so after seeing the trials and tribulations that have been discussed here. They haven’t supported just tyres- which is their area - they have decided to support the whole arena that is this forum , yes Michelin will want you to look at their products- and we will promote them, but the choice of what you use on your wheels is always down to you.
The very fact that no other manufacturer takes your own discussion area seriously apart from Michelin may give you some confidence that they do understand that/ or are learning that the owner driver /small fleet market is some thing they need to help. I cant get into detail but over the course of this sponsorship there is going to be opportunities for owner drivers/small fleets to see how Michelin products can make a difference to their bottom line, we are in the first days of this sponsorship there is more to come

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are you for real?

Give it a rest Robk :unamused:

Must say it looks all modern and professional.

Rikki-UK:
Lets be very clear here, Michelins sponsorship of these forum doesnt mean you have to love them or their products- you can voice a reasoned opinion about Michelin’s or any one elses products , and have a reasoned view, However what we wont allow is people just having a dig because they sponsored this forum as has happened because a few folks thought it was “funny”.
Michelin will not respond to comments that are only meant to cause a stir - comments that are not constructive, and designed to atagonise will be removed- constructive comments - even negative ones will remain as long as they are voiced in a reasonable manner. Michelin are paying for you to have this space, at least be respectful please.

I think this post is somewhat wide of the mark in what should be a place for open critisism or extolling the virtues of any product related to an HGV operation, by making this post you are trying to frighten people into ‘Michelin submissiveness’ which i feel is not in the spirit of a forum, members here should feel free to discuss the problems they encounter with the sponsors products or pricing and the sponsors and management should have enough about them to realise that there will be a certain amount of ‘stick’ given to any organisation that wants its name in banner headlines. Many forum owners try to convince their members that the running costs are quite horrendous for any forum where as in reality £35 every three months would see this place ticking along nicely, so then with multi sponsors a forum turns into a money making machine which then can disturb its quality. As i say to the people who belong to my AG forum, 'hey without you all i may as well email myself :smiley: .

think this post is somewhat wide of the mark in what should be a place for open critisism

Did you miss this bit ?

constructive comments - even negative ones will remain as long as they are voiced in a reasonable manner.

what was removed was abuse/trolling and in no way constructive, your very own post on excessive wear on a tyre produced by the sponsors remains , and as you have agreed, they have contacted you to try to resolve the problem. The point of the post was to ask people to make sure their posts were made in a civil manner- and if they dont those comments will be removed.

there is nothing wrong on a forum aimed at business people to ask for the dialogue to be polite - the trolling remarks removed were not made by people who have their own business but those who found it “funny” to troll.

Rikki-UK:

think this post is somewhat wide of the mark in what should be a place for open critisism

Did you miss this bit ?

constructive comments - even negative ones will remain as long as they are voiced in a reasonable manner.

what was removed was abuse/trolling and in no way constructive, your very own post on excessive wear on a tyre produced by the sponsors remains , and as you have agreed, they have contacted you to try to resolve the problem. The point of the post was to ask people to make sure their posts were made in a civil manner- and if they dont those comments will be removed.

there is nothing wrong on a forum aimed at business people to ask for the dialogue to be polite - the trolling remarks removed were not made by people who have their own business but those who found it “funny” to troll.

Good, as long as you realise.

newmercman:
Anyone who looks at tyres on a ppm basis is missing the point :open_mouth:

A tyre that costs twice as much as its rivals and wears out twice as fast can actually be cheaper in the long run, it’s all about rolling resistance. Your biggest expense is fuel, tyre costs are ridiculously low in comparison, so a tyre that is proven to bring fuel savings is going to be more cost effective than one that lasts longer but uses more fuel every mile it does :bulb:

No tyre company pays as much attention to fuel savings as Michelin, they’ve been doing it for years too. I had my introduction to rolling resistance courtesy of Michelin in 2000, I only went to the conference as Michelin lay on a good spread, but when I realised that they made absolute sense I started looking into it all & discovered that rolling resistance is responsible for a third of the diesel you burn going down the road, so any improvement puts money in your pocket.

There are some decent low rolling resistance tyres from Bridgestone & Continental too, but Michelin have the lowest in every position/type, cheap they ain’t, they’re free if you work out :open_mouth: the fuel savings you’ll get

Mark, the whole PPM thing includes the fuel used/saved over other brands, not just the cost of the tyre for the miles driven :wink: