New job on fridges

Well i took the job on the fridges and my initial thoughts are its not like working for a living!! easy peasy.
i spent Monday in the class room being inducted! Tuesday and Wednesday with a trainer assessor going from Boroughbridge to Peterborough to Cromer and back to Boroughbridge. Thursday off and Friday full load from boroughbridge to Tesco in Southampton reload Portsmouth to be in Wakefield for 12 Saturday. if i can get used to sleeping with this racket all night i think i’ll enjoy this job.
A question for others on fridges do i have to leave it going all night? i’m carrying bananas at 14c the trailers are tracked and they can download the temps.

it sounds like your working for r/b…

they will have a track on the temps so its advisable not to turn fridge off at night a they will know… but if you go into the setting on the fridge theres a silent mode which will keep the fridge running on low revs the reason people wake up with them on is when they kick in and rev up fast… give it ago

i find it relaxing after a while and it sends me to sleep … ask your t/m if that is ok as you dont want to loose ya job

Ill keep me eye out for ya mate, Reed Boardall always tipping in Sainsbugs at Stone

I don’t condone switching off peoples reefers but if you felt like being naughty, you could switch it off and claim it was a bigger boy that done it. Unless you get a phone call 5 minutes later from the office informing you that some twerp has just switched it off :laughing:

i’ll play by the rules but the silent mode sounds interesting how do i do it. yep RB it is. to be honest i normally sleep even when they park next to me

Sounds like its going well i start with rb a week on monday.

Mr B:
i’ll play by the rules but the silent mode sounds interesting how do i do it. yep RB it is. to be honest i normally sleep even when they park next to me

Might be a wee picture of a turtle on a button. Tells us what make/model the reefer unit is

Do RB outbase? Doubt it…

its a carrier not sure of the model though, whats out base mean

Steve-o:
Do RB outbase? Doubt it…

nope

Mr B:
its a carrier not sure of the model though, whats out base mean

base drivers from somewhere other than their depot eg some other companies yard that they rent space from

they used to have a couple working out of carlisle, i’m sure they said they still do but not the truckstop no more

Mr B:

ok now i might get this a little wrong as havent got a fridge next to me at mo … relaxing at home lol.

go to the control panel and on the right side is a button push that untill the desplay states settings…

when you see settings push = ( i think it say that ) to confirm choice

scroll through that using up or down till you come to sleep mode and push = again

you will then have sleep yes… or sleep no… push up or down again till you get sleep yes then = to confirm again

and return to bunk for sleep lol…

i will pm you with me phone number if ya have probs give me a call on monday sometime as i will have a fridge to hand to and talk you through it lol…

may see ya about as we do alot of work for r/b, the shunters there are great but you have to watch what you say as they take thing wrong sometimes and can get funny…
i dropped the trailer for them to load over night, spoke to shunter and jokingly said that will give ya something to do later lol… he didnt take it very well, but as we go there alot he chose to ignore it at that time…

good luck mate drive safe…

hi mr b just to let you know all our fridges cannot be changed to silent mode they have been locked out by carrier :stuck_out_tongue:

did they say anything about keeping your own vehicle or do you just take whats there at the time.

Jd that’s the only downside to the job I’ve found so far. I’m tramping so in a ideal world I’ll spend all week in the same motir.
Good luck when you start gunner.

drop the trailer, and park the unit somewhere else. you get a better nights kip then.

limeyphil:
drop the trailer, and park the unit somewhere else. you get a better nights kip then.

a good few park in donny atnight and drop the trailer and park the unit at the back of it… i always thought they were doing changeovers but since reading on here that they do that to get a good kip.

a screaming fridge wouldnt keep me awake though. asda have those that have a buzzer everytime they start up.

jessicas dad:

limeyphil:

a good few park in donny atnight and drop the trailer and park the unit at the back of it… i always thought they were doing changeovers but since reading on here that they do that to get a good kip.

a screaming fridge wouldnt keep me awake though. asda have those that have a buzzer everytime they start up.

Aye and wake up in the morning to find the trailer gone…

Easy solution Steve-O buy an airline lock or king pin lock… You can easily set the fridges (Thermo Kings) onto a stop/start mode instead of continuos, dunno about Carrier… Basically runs to teh temp the trailer is at and when its reaches that it turns off… When it drops or rises above the designated temp of say your 14degrees by 2 or 3 degrees it’ll then re-start and bring it back to temp… I find that in this weather if running around the -2 to 5degrees the fridge is rarely on, summer time though will be different if running a frozen or low temp load…