New job on fridges

speaking as an expert with one days experience, i slept better with the fridge going than i do with traffic passing all niye because its continuous

love sponge:
hi mr b just to let you know all our fridges cannot be changed to silent mode they have been locked out by carrier :stuck_out_tongue:

How inconsiderate!

i run fridges all the time and doesnt bother me unless its a rattly older fridge, this time of year fridge hardly comes on but in the summer with frozen on its a pain in the ■■■■, if im parking up i always try to park away from other trucks (so as not to b a neighbour from hell :smiling_imp: ) and with frozen on i drop legs and pull away till 5th wheel is just still under trl just to put that little Xtra bit of space between cab n fridge and works a treat(and no need to undo sussies or leave trl unhooked ready to be nicked)
ps i also switch off fridge wen i pull into services on my 45min break(keeps everybody happy) :smiley:

Mr B:
A question for others on fridges do i have to leave it going all night? i’m carrying bananas at 14c the trailers are tracked and they can download the temps.

Bananas DEFINITELY. They MUST be maintained at 14C. It is so critical that me and a 2nd man were sent bobtail all the way from Hull to Felixstowe to pick up a trailer of bananas for Bradford to replace a load which had gone out of temp range. Had to keep a log of the temperature and had to phone the TM to let them know it was at the right temp even though we got there at 2am.

Gunner:
Sounds like its going well i start with rb a week on monday.

Same here Mate
Start at 8o’clock on 20th Feb
Pm me with contact number if you want to chat
G Force

Steve-o:
Do RB outbase? Doubt it…

Yes they do. There’s at least 2 units that still park up outside the old Sara Lee factory at Carnaby, Bridlington. Four of my old colleagues drive them.

Also I’ve seen some parked up in that transport yard at the side of the M6 at Penryth.

green bananas are 14 degrees the ripened/yellow ones are set at 13 degrees :wink: