New job.....not going well

Well I won’t bore you with the details of why the job isn’t what I expected, but something happened last night that shook me up a bit… :cry:

I have to drop a trailer several times a day in a the company car park. There are a few cones around to try to make a turning space, but bright spark car drivers tend to move them out of the way and then park there. Anyway, I have to drive in, do a u-turn then reverse back into position to be unloaded by the forkies.

Last night, last drop about 9pm, there were cars parked on both sides at the bottom of the park, so when I first tried to turn, I hadn’t swung round enough and couldn’t get past one of them, so I did a 568 point turn and got myself back into position and swung it out a bit further to get round. Obviously, you’ve guessed, I caught the lens cover of a car when the back end went round. I reversed into position, then went into the factory to seek out the owner of the vehicle so we could get it sorted.

Well, he and his mate came out, and just started laying into me, verbally, calling me a stupid cow, and saying I should be qualified to drive that vehicle (first tap in 15 years), as he showed no signs of accepting my apology and calming down, I went back to the cab to call my manager - he followed me and pulled open the door and then slammed it shut again with all his might, then opened it and did it again, and again. I was feeling quite intimidated by this time and told him I couldn’t sort things out if he didn’t let me ring the TM. He said I wasn’t going anywhere till it was sorted out.

TM was brilliant, called him at home on his mobey, he tried talking to this bloke but got verbally abused too and put phone down. He told me to wait till this bloke had gone, get in my car and leave - said if he caused me any more hassle, he would come down himself and sort it out.

Didn’t go in today - TM offered me another run, but I don’t like being beaten, so have asked to go back on same run tomorrow. Really worried now cos I’m going to be so paranoid about hitting his car again, and I think he’s been given a ticking off for his behaviour, so he aint gonna be too happy.

Should I have taken the easy way out with the other run? I know the bloke was upset, I would be too. My car has been hit recently but the perpetrator drove off. I went looking for this bloke, it happened on company premises, by a company vehicle, so he knew it would get fixed.

Management are 100% supportive, but I’m dreading shift tomorrow… :frowning:

Its reasonably obvious that you are one of our female colleagues and I think that in there lies your answer.

Mr car driver was all big and brave against a woman and a TM on the phone but if you had been a man then perhaps he would not have been so brave, or at least so abusive?

As for the incident, it happens from time to time especially manouvering a large vehicle in a confined space and at least you made them aware and did not do a runner.

Go back, don’t let them intimidate you, if you do they win, [zb] them.

Where is it you tip by the way?

i woyld honestly try and not worry about it, you done everything right and went and found the guy who owned the car.

at the end of the day accidents do happen to everyone and at least noone was hurt. keep doing the same run and hold your head high…

Thanks for that CM, I think you’re probably right - one of my male colleagues said if it had been him 1) he prob wouldn’t have given him so much hassle, and 2) if he had, his car would have crow-bar damage too! :laughing:

The tip is in Colwick, on private rd no1

What a prat.

No need to behave like that.

You did everything properly as far as I can see.

Stay on your run - don’t let this bloke think he can intimidate people. :wink:

cheers northern!

I belive the answer used before PC came into

fashionwould be ,some thing like this,

what a prig and Male Chauvinistic PIG to Boot

or JUST A SILLY ARSE; please do not let

such lowlife roughnecks upset you or allow

them to dictate what isright or wrong,

as for the clipping ofthe car ,then this

pleb of low intelligence desereves

a size 11 on his rearend

carry on and all the best and it sounds

as if your have a very very good TM

all the best to him as well,

Don’t let it get you down, just carry on with your job and next time you see his car make sure you total it preferably with him inside :laughing:

He sounds a right hero , typical bully. The fool should be glad you came searching for the owner as the easiest thing for you to do was keep quiet and deny all knowledge. Walk tall when you go back tomorrow as you held your hands up and did the right thing. It will be interesting to see where he parks his car now :stuck_out_tongue:

If its in the same place again.Dont be to worried about getting round it.Just hit it.
The cones have been put there for a reason.If they are moved they are going to suffer some damage.

I have to unload on car parks most days.Its not easy.I hav’nt hit one yet.But if i cant get around one that is illeagally parked.I wont worry about whether i hit it or not.

Tony b

if their stupid enough to think a car wont get hit eventually tough
common sense dont park near moving trucks

Ask him if he’d like to have a go at doing with only clipping a lens

whats all the talk on this forum about rob-k… have i missed something, i have seen his name mentioned an awful lot.

grumpy, i agree with the other posters on here, what a complete ■■■■■■ this guy seems to be, and to behave like that, slamming cab door etc, ■■■■ disgrace, and i hope he has had a good talking to about it. intimidation like that can be off-putting, just remember that for every one like him there are two who arent, so stick at it and dont let it get you down :slight_smile:

Cheers

Steve

NorthernIrish…try this thread trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6954

Thanks for all your support and encouragement guys! You’re total diamonds!

He’s just a bully, Grumpy. So you know what you have to do … carry on!

ps regular punctures do tend to annoy :wink:

penfold:
Don’t let it get you down, just carry on with your job and next time you see his car make sure you total it preferably with him inside :laughing:

though I do find that option very tempting, I must resist the urge.

I`d suggest the next time you go there GB, take a camera with you and that a few picks of the scene to show your TM how bad it is would help, especially if you know the prats have moved the cones, making the task for you even more diifficult.
luckily for me I have a camera and short video facility on my IPAQ, but you could have done the same with a mobile phone, and that is to capture the actions of Mr angry/prat in full rage. then contacted both the poilce and his manager, from the comfort of a locked cab, the possible result using the evidence might get him either locked up or sacked for harrassment :wink:
afterall you where being honerable and did attempt to follow the correct procedure after the accident

Well, he and his mate came out, and just started laying into me,

Very brave when he had his mate to back him up wan’t he? I agree with all of the above advice - the man is obviously a bully and I applaud your patience with him. If that had happened to me his car would then certainly be a target for every truck inthe firm! I reckon he got of lightly with you.
Just get on with the job and well done your TM for backing you up.

Jesus, i an’t believe he was so uptight over a knock on his car. I’d leave it a week and then pop his tyres for him, he’ll only have one spare. :wink: