New Forum Sponsor - Amazon Relay

I think I’m…

Gonna be backed 100% when I say, I think cos we’re doing them a favour, they should be offering all forum members 35% off all Amazon/Prime/Kindle/Grocery orders.

Just suggestin’ like.

no less than 30% ok

Hello,
Is Amazon relay suitable for people with Sprinter vans?
Is it delivering packages to customers doors (Amazon Flex) or delivering between Amazon Branches?
Thanks
Rob

Its trailers from RDC to RDC or maybe to local DC, not at great rates either…

toonsy:

Would you actually expect anything else ? :neutral_face:

Wouldn’t it be great if a firm trying to recruit owner drivers etc (btw it has not been lost on me that there would be no NEED for them or any other to try if they were any good) advertised by saying…
‘‘We pay well above average rates, we believe everyone attached to us qualify for a bite of the cherry,.we are more than fair to our owner drivers, and we guarantee to look after them when they prove to provide a good service for us…just ask those who are already with us’’
And then that is actually proven to be true. :open_mouth:

It would be a breath of fresh air,… Christ…even I would be tempted again :open_mouth: (ok the last bit is a lie :laughing: )
Won’t ever happen.
Experience in this game breeds cynicism, which is often proven right I have found.

Tipping us quicker RDCs would be better.

Thanks Toonsy

robroy:

toonsy:

Wouldn’t it be great if a firm trying to recruit owner drivers etc (btw it has not been lost on me that there would be no NEED for them or any other to try if they were any good) advertised by saying…
‘‘We pay well above average rates, we believe everyone attached to us qualify for a bite of the cherry,.we are more than fair to our owner drivers, and we guarantee to look after them when they prove to provide a good service for us…just ask those who are already with us’’

It would be a breath of fresh air,… Christ…even I would be tempted again :open_mouth: (ok the last bit is a lie :laughing: )
Won’t ever happen.
Experience in this game breeds cynicism, which is often proven right I have found.

Choose one :

a. all products/food/“consumables” costing you and everyone else 10% more because of the higher transport costs.
b. [zb] the drivers wages and o/d ppm, I need my cheap tat fix.

Mick Bracewell:

robroy:

toonsy:

Won’t ever happen.

Choose one :

a. all products/food/“consumables” costing you and everyone else 10% more because of the higher transport costs.

I know what you mean, but it always ■■■■■■ me when we get the obligatory and automatic reaction of…‘‘If drivers wages go up, prices of food and everything else will increase’’
My answer … Tough ■■■■, why is it always looked to be down to us to subsidise low or reasonable prices, put it down to others further up the food chain in transport, who are on higher pay rates than us… just for a change. :bulb:

robroy:

Mick Bracewell:

robroy:

toonsy:

Won’t ever happen.

Choose one :

I know what you mean, but it always ■■■■■■ me when we get the obligatory and automatic reaction of…‘‘If drivers wages go up, prices of food and everything else will increase’’
My answer … Tough [zb], why is it always looked to be down to us to subsidise low or reasonable prices, put it down to others further up the food chain in transport, who are on higher pay rates than us… just for a change. :bulb:

I don’t disagree but this is the top-down system we’re stuck with. The market forces basically set Amazon’s rate for them, ie. whilst they have a long line of willing subbies queueing up to drag their trailers around the country for peanuts nothing will change.

^^^^^^^^
Yep I know that to be true, I was just making a point that if any firm, (not specifically Amazon either) have to advertise, chances are there is usually a good reason for that.
Same story with those who are constantly advertising for drivers to work for them, it takes no working out as to why that is.

Hey maybe we’re wrong, a guy with his own motor will come on shortly telling us how brilliant their work and their rates are.
:smiley:

The rates can’t be that bad, because even the rock god’s, lowered Their standards to work for Amazon. Also the richest megalomaniac in the world wouldn’t allow his company to exploit people now would he…

biggriffin:
The rates can’t be that bad, because even the rock god’s, lowered Their standards to work for Amazon. Also the richest megalomaniac in the world wouldn’t allow his company to exploit people now would he…

What? …John Bon Jovi works for Amazon? :open_mouth: :smiley:

Ok maybe you shouldn’t jump to conclusions, the rates are maybe just like everywhere else or better, who knows…who cares.
Maybe I should hear facts before opening my gob…(and stop posting when full of Guiness on my day out/off :blush: :laughing: )

If they are now part of Trucknet, you lot who deliver there should be pressing them to treat you a bit better when delivering to their sites, I’ve heard stories of drivers being LOCKED IN pens :open_mouth: , although this maybe does come across as a bit of drivercrap…just noticed my mate Dicky had the same idea.

To get back to your o/p,
I’m with you on the discount thing…although I personally have probably shot my bolt already on that score. :blush: :laughing: .

Come on then who’s the rock god,.and world’s biggest megalomaniac.? :smiley:

biggriffin:

Then it becomes a case of necessity or a case of choice. Are they better off scraping by on lower rates to get through this or are they better off just doing nothing at all because the vast bull of their work went overnight and doesn’t look like its coming back soon.

robroy:

biggriffin:

What? …John Bon Jovi works for Amazon? :open_mouth: :smiley:

Ok maybe you shouldn’t jump to conclusions, the rates are maybe just like everywhere else or better, who knows…who cares.
Maybe I should hear facts before opening my gob…(and stop posting when full of Guiness on my day out/off :blush: :laughing: )

If they are now part of Trucknet, you lot who deliver there should be pressing them to treat you a bit better when delivering to their sites, I’ve heard stories of drivers being LOCKED IN pens :open_mouth: , although this maybe does come across as a bit of drivercrap…just noticed my mate Dicky had the same idea.

To get back to your o/p,
I’m with you on the discount thing…although I personally have probably shot my bolt already on that score. :blush: :laughing: .

Come on then who’s the rock god,.and world’s biggest megalomaniac.? :smiley:

I will answer, fly by night, Yearly, are doing Amazon. And the megalomaniac is Mr Bezzos Amazon owner…he seems to me to be like a Bond Villain…

Yeh I realised what you meant after I asked, the events and concerts outfits…bit slow this morning :unamused: …, I work far too bloody hard and it’s affecting me you know. :laughing:
Good job I’m off this week to maintain my youthful looks. :laughing:

I’ve seen plenty of Fly by Nite and EST liveried trucks pulling ferry trailers and containers up and down the M6 of late.

Harry Monk:
I’ve seen plenty of Fly by Nite and EST liveried trucks pulling ferry trailers and containers up and down the M6 of late.

Devil and the deep blue sea Harry. As mentioned earlier, their primary source of income has all but vanished, the plant still needs paying for so whaddya do?

the maoster:

Harry Monk:

Devil and the deep blue sea Harry. As mentioned earlier, their primary source of income has all but vanished, the plant still needs paying for so whaddya do?

Afternoon other fridge driver. There’s been a few rock god’s doing RDC work, was with one at Doncaster last week, wasn’t impressed with unloading himself, but then admitted, it’s better than having no job at all.

biggriffin:
Afternoon other fridge driver. There’s been a few rock god’s doing RDC work, was with one at Doncaster last week, wasn’t impressed with unloading himself, but then admitted, it’s better than having no job at all.

Afternoon bud. Lidl Donny I assume? Unless Tossco have drastically changed. But yes, better than having no job.

Back in after my hols tomorrow and Terberging for the rest of the week. Feel free to provide coffee if you’re in. :wink:

the maoster:

biggriffin:

Afternoon bud. Lidl Donny I assume? Unless Tossco have drastically changed. But yes, better than having no job.

Back in after my hols tomorrow and Terberging for the rest of the week. Feel free to provide coffee if you’re in. :wink:

Doubt I’ll be in on other work, supplying the Bloody Germans, one is self tip, the other is now they tip you,Then I’m off for a week, any excuse to not buy coffee :smiley: