New Forum Sponsor - Amazon Relay

^^^^ might not be an issue for too long… the landlord today increased the rent by 122%! That’ll teach xpo to mess him about :smiley: Methinks that the landlord already has someone else lined up to move in, hence the ridiculous rent increase! Hey ho, I need some fresh work shirts! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
^^^^ might not be an issue for too long… the landlord today increased the rent by 122%! That’ll teach xpo to mess him about :smiley: Methinks that the landlord already has someone else lined up to move in, hence the ridiculous rent increase! Hey ho, I need some fresh work shirts! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Another load of Americans??.

the maoster:
Back in after my hols tomorrow and Terberging for the rest of the week. Feel free to provide coffee if you’re in. :wink:

I reckon we should petition Terberg, it’s about time we had cup holders!

Edit:
Especially if like me you’ve ever placed the vending machine cup on the rear window wiper motor housing, gotten a move through and completely forgotten about the coffee, that is until you brake or turn sharply… :imp:

the maoster:

Harry Monk:
I’ve seen plenty of Fly by Nite and EST liveried trucks pulling ferry trailers and containers up and down the M6 of late.

Devil and the deep blue sea Harry. As mentioned earlier, their primary source of income has all but vanished, the plant still needs paying for so whaddya do?

I don’t disagree. Can’t be very pleasant for the drivers though, who I’m sure would rather be away on tour, living the dream and earning the money that goes with it. And for the operators too, who are used to being able to sell end-of-life vehicles for high prices due to them having done very low mileages on light work.

Reef:

the maoster:
Back in after my hols tomorrow and Terberging for the rest of the week. Feel free to provide coffee if you’re in. :wink:

Edit:
Especially if like me you’ve ever placed the vending machine cup on the rear window wiper motor housing, gotten a move through and completely forgotten about the coffee, that is until you brake or turn sharply… :imp:

Oh good heavens no! We don’t stoop to driving them old stylee 'Bergs, nothing but the new lo ride ones for us my friend. :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^
Yep I know that to be true, I was just making a point that if any firm, (not specifically Amazon either) have to advertise, chances are there is usually a good reason for that.
Same story with those who are constantly advertising for drivers to work for them, it takes no working out as to why that is.

Hey maybe we’re wrong, a guy with his own motor will come on shortly telling us how brilliant their work and their rates are.
:smiley:

A lot of the rates are rubbish especially if you are using there trailers on pre planned jobs. The money and it’s good money is in the short notice jobs and the less notice of the job the better the rate. these are normally not parcels but trolleys or what ever they call them . I never sat more than 90 mins unloading sometimes in cab minus keys sometimes in a well appointed waiting room if you tell them you are running out of time they will stick loads of body’s on it to get you out of the gate occasionally in a larger depot they will say drop it and come in when your brea is up . It’s not really for full time work my boss checked for stuff when tipping and would take any load going anywhere then find work from there prob did 3 jobs a week on average and once you committed to the job and they cancelled the load they paid up to about 50% of the rate regardless

the maoster:

Reef:

the maoster:

Edit:

Oh good heavens no! We don’t stoop to driving them old stylee 'Bergs, nothing but the new lo ride ones for us my friend. :smiley: :smiley:

Ooohhh, you mean the ones designed for old men with bad knees, gotcha… :smiley:

(Actually I wish we had them my knees are knackered too :frowning: )

^^^^^ I checked my phone app when I got home last night; 19475 steps! That’s bad enough, but when you’re making that first big step up into one of the old ones you know as well as I do that it makes you feel like you’ve been involved in a mass brawl and come out worse! The new ones obviously don’t reduce the number of steps but by God they do make them easier!

the maoster:
^^^^^ I checked my phone app when I got home last night; 19475 steps! That’s bad enough, but when you’re making that first big step up into one of the old ones you know as well as I do that it makes you feel like you’ve been involved in a mass brawl and come out worse! The new ones obviously don’t reduce the number of steps but by God they do make them easier!

I hear that! And the added irony is I get accused (usually during a brief lull) of being a lazy bugger, with an “easy job” by people who spend hours upon hours sat on their arse in waiting rooms.

Thankfully I don’t shunt full time though, it’s mainly just holiday/sickness cover.

Two shunters today after my ■■■■■ and whine fest yesterday! Cut my workload in half tbh. However,as you say Reef you’re only visible to management when you’re at the smoke shelter or coffee machine. They wouldn’t last a day never mind a week :imp: