New firm, same zb

2 drops in grimsby , then 5 drops in hull , no bridge tickets so youll have to drive round without using the humber bridge :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
i really thought all that kind of crap was in the past but obviously not :unamused: :unamused: .

There was a thing on news yesterday about the bridge. A bloke from Hurst Transport in Immingham said that they now wont work in east yorkshire as its unviable to cross the bride and had laid 3 drivers off because of it!

ady1:
2 drops in grimsby , then 5 drops in hull , no bridge tickets so youll have to drive round without using the humber bridge :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
i really thought all that kind of crap was in the past but obviously not :unamused: :unamused: .

Are you paid by the hour?

NO

ady1:
NO

Thought that might be the case.
Havent been over the H/B for a fair while, how much is the toll now?

IIRC it’s around

£10.80 Solo

£18.30 with Trailer

Jesus,£18:30. Whats the mileage going round the “long way”
Would be interesting to know how it measures up. . . to fuel /time used?
Ok if your"e tight on time i suppose but seems like a ripoff to me (like most things in the uk)

Kin 'ell and people moan about the Severn crossing :open_mouth:

What i would like to know is how come all the TOLLS in Scotland have been scrapped yet in England they all still apply?

stevie.c:
What i would like to know is how come all the TOLLS in Scotland have been scrapped yet in England they all still apply?

Depends who owns them i suspect. The Severn crossing is owned by the French i think.

stevie.c:

plus the forth and tay bridges were a tax on people living in fife like me who dont work in fife because of the lack of jobs here.

Reef:

stevie.c:

Depends who owns them i suspect. The Severn crossing is owned by the French i think.

I think your right mate, if thats the case, why wont they accept Euros?
Nice avatar btw,any chance of seeing the bit after the zip frees up?

Na wife would kill me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (if only it was).

Can anybody tell me how much the severn bridge is for a draw bar? Four drops south wales in the morning, think i’ll have to go the cash machine.

Suedehead:
Jesus,£18:30. Whats the mileage going round the “long way”
Would be interesting to know how it measures up. . . to fuel /time used?
Ok if your"e tight on time i suppose but seems like a ripoff to me (like most things in the uk)

Immingham dock to hull dock via humber bridge = 42 mins 29.4 miles

Immingham dock to hull dock long way round = 1 hour 23 mins 74.4 miles

45 Miles further

Someone else can do the maths on the fuel

Thats on a tomtom based on fastest route… so add some extra time on for the truck but gives you an idea to work off

About £13.50 i think, robbing gets

The toll goes up soon to nearly £20 EACH WAY for a truck.

Think we need a petition going to them Namby Pambies in London to abolish all tolls as they should all be subsidised by the amount of road tax we and the companies we drive for pay :imp:

stevie.c:
About £13.50 i think, robbing gets

Cheers

mutley:
Can anybody tell me how much the severn bridge is for a draw bar? Four drops south wales in the morning, think i’ll have to go the cash machine.

£15.90 for all HGVs mate (but you only pay 1 way)