New firm, same zb

stevie.c:
About £13.50 i think, robbing gets

Err yeah about 5 + yrs ago maybe :frowning:

Reef:

mutley:
Can anybody tell me how much the severn bridge is for a draw bar? Four drops south wales in the morning, think i’ll have to go the cash machine.

£15.90 for all HGVs mate (but you only pay 1 way)

Cash machine it is then

freek:

Suedehead:
Jesus,£18:30. Whats the mileage going round the “long way”
Would be interesting to know how it measures up. . . to fuel /time used?
Ok if your"e tight on time i suppose but seems like a ripoff to me (like most things in the uk)

Immingham dock to hull dock via humber bridge = 42 mins 29.4 miles

Immingham dock to hull dock long way round = 1 hour 23 mins 74.4 miles

45 Miles further

Someone else can do the maths on the fuel

Even with the price of derv at the mo, looks like the bridge is the cheaper option

Thats on a tomtom based on fastest route… so add some extra time on for the truck but gives you an idea to work off

thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/news/ … ticle.html

thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/news/ … ticle.html

[

Whats the mileage going round the “long way”
Would be interesting to know how it measures up. . . to fuel /time used?
Ok if your"e tight on time i suppose but seems like a ripoff to me (like most things in the uk)

Immingham dock to hull dock via humber bridge = 42 mins 29.4 miles

Immingham dock to hull dock long way round = 1 hour 23 mins 74.4 miles

45 Miles further
[/quote]

Say an average fuel consumption is 7mpg and the 45 miles is 49miles, then that will be and extra 7 galls, so if we say it’s £5 per gall then it will be an extra £35 in fuel. Time wise it would be an extra 41 mins that would be about £5 in wages at say £8 per hour. So we have so far, to go the long way round an extra £40 you will also need to take into account extra wear on the veh tyres etc so lets add £5 for that then the total cost would be somewhere near £45.
The short way round will cost you £18.30 so going the short way will save you £26.70.
I think thats correct i don’t have a calculator or do I know the cost of a gall of fuel. But the bridge looks good.

stevie.c:
What i would like to know is how come all the TOLLS in Scotland have been scrapped yet in England they all still apply?

At the risk of starting a political debate,there are a lot of things that are now free in Scotland.Children’s school meals,and aren’t doctors prescriptions free?
Don’t you think it’s a little bit sus that we have 2 Jocks running our so called government who are trying to bankrupt us all,are all our taxes going to Scotland?

The haulage industry is ■■■■■■ to many shiny happy people in it to make enough sense to go over the bridge

stevie.c:
What i would like to know is how come all the TOLLS in Scotland have been scrapped yet in England they all still apply?

b ecause in scotland we saw sense

bestbooties:

stevie.c:

At the risk of starting a political debate,there are a lot of things that are now free in Scotland.Children’s school meals,and aren’t doctors prescriptions free?
Don’t you think it’s a little bit sus that we have 2 Jocks running our so called government who are trying to bankrupt us all,are all our taxes going to Scotland?

Think yourself lucky that it might get all the Scots to go back up there.

You can pay in euros on the severn bridge and I’m also led to believe you can pay in US dollars!

bestbooties:

stevie.c:

The toll bridges in Scotland prob the older bridges in England as well were never meant to have permanent tolls. The tolls were put in place to get back the cost of building the bridges, so the Forth Road Bridge should have been toll free since the 1980’s or something can’t remember and can’t be bothered looking it up. The Tay Bridge, Erskine and Forth Bridges had paid for themselves through tolls but when they had they never removed the tolls kept them.

I’d assume its the same for the bridges in England and same thing happend just kept the tolls.

Why we get things for free up here, well nothing to do with the “jocks” in the westminster government, if they had there way Scotland would be the same as England, Labour was against the scraping of the tolls and other “free” stuff.

Real difference is up here we have PR voting system so its harder for one party to get overall control, so end up with mixed parties in control so has to be a lot more give and take. The politicians up here have got to listen to what people want.

The tolls were a big huge issue because about 5 years ago they were wanting to increase the tolls on the Forth Bridge from £1 to £5 and people were up in arms about it and made it a big issue which was picked up by political parties.

In England people vote for the tories or labour, both are exactly the same and don’t give a toss what people think. Thats the real difference between Scotland and England.