new fines

was shown a list of the new fines comming , lists of them, plus all the level of fines, think it was 30 pounds up to 200 pounds, lad said it came off a board at brakes, can someone point me to where other than a brakes board id find thet list. ta

we are still trying to complie the information,which has to be said,is very lacking on vosa"s part.a bit like the last changes,that were almost sneaked in under the radar.for something as big as this,you would think it would be well advertised.obviously not.
has vosa become part of the secret service??
or are we just supposed to guess the new laws??,after all,this is supposed to “go live” in april,and nobody i know,(and i know a lot of people),have no detailed information on the new tariffs/laws.
im sure there is a thread about this somewhere on here.

buck73:
we are still trying to complie the information,which has to be said,is very lacking on vosa"s part.a bit like the last changes,that were almost sneaked in under the radar.for something as big as this,you would think it would be well advertised.obviously not.
or are we just supposed to guess the new laws??,after all,this is supposed to “go live” in april,and nobody i know,(and i know a lot of people),have no detailed information on the new tariffs/laws.

this list seemed very comprehensive , as if someone had printed it from a proper list , 60 pounds for 15 mins + over on your 4.5 hrs driving, 200 pounds for no tacho, if i see the lad ill have to get a copy. it came of a brakes board so cant see them putting it up if not official.

Ths is a link for the consultation document at dft http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/closed/graduatedfixedpenalties/gradfixedpenmain. Like all documents of this type, it’s a bit long winded in places, and doesn’t list offences and fines in a matrix, because that would make it too easy to understand. Hey ho…

ady1:

buck73:

this list seemed very comprehensive , as if someone had printed it from a proper list , 60 pounds for 15 mins + over on your 4.5 hrs driving, 200 pounds for no tacho, if i see the lad ill have to get a copy. it came of a brakes board so cant see them putting it up if not official.

Yes they would, I have seen things like this on transport office etc say you get this and that. Like £200 for no smoking stikers, never seen any body dun for that yet. My mate got dun on a mobile phone in a LGV £60 and three points

ady1:

buck73:

ady, im not doubting what you are saying is true,it seems you may have mis read my post.
all im saying is that due to the closeness of the new laws being enforced(a little under a month),most companies have little or no information on what fines/points/infringments etc will be.

I know it is an old post, but thought this one may amuse you :stuck_out_tongue:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … gainst.htm

I reckon he deserved that one

There’s some -HERE - to start with. I do have a comprehensive list in my truck, which include the penalty points as well as the fines but am not at work until monday. I’ll get it and see it I can scan in it and post it for you.

Sorry this reply is one and half years late but I’ve only just seen this thread, still better late than never :wink:

If you haven’t already seen them you may find these interesting.

A Guide to Fixed Penalty Notices and Financial Deposit Notices Issued by VOSA

Enforcement Sanctions Policy