NEW DRIVER!

Can anyone tell me when multi-dropping and arrived at a stop, do you need to do anything to the tachograph?
Have you got to take 45mins break when multi-dropping locally after 4hrs 30mins as you will not be driving continuously?
Also will the tachograph warn you when you must have a break, or have you got to keep checking yourself?

sjlee:
Can anyone tell me when multi-dropping and arrived at a stop, do you need to do anything to the tachograph?
Have you got to take 45mins break when multi-dropping locally after 4hrs 30mins as you will not be driving continuously?
Also will the tachograph warn you when you must have a break, or have you got to keep checking yourself?

You need a break of atleast 45mins after 4:30hrs driving, this can be split in to two, first break being atleast 15mins and the second atleast 30mins.

Digi’s warn when you get to 4:15mins driving, you can check yourself my pressing the down arrow on siemens units, not sure about other makes. If on paper chart you need a stop watch.

if you dont do 4:30 driving you will still require a break of 30mins every 6 hours for working time directive. best just take a normal 45-60min dinner break

If you have an android phone download trucker timer by spottydog. Adds it all up for you and even tells you how much rest you need to catch up on.

ST3:
if you dont do 4:30 driving you will still require a break of 30mins every 6 hours for working time directive. best just take a normal 45-60min dinner break

Best to take a 45 min break then you’re covered all round then.

sjlee:

Set tacho mode to other work and when you stop it will record that mode
Driving records automatically when the vehicle moves

Recording POA will mess up the tacho break warnings because it thinks POA is break !!
Digitachos will also regard 3 x 15 min breaks as a full driving break when it is not because a split driving break must be 15 + 30

If your company is bothered about RTD then remember that you must not work/drive more than 6 hours in total without having at least a 15 min break

Breaks can be used for both RTD and driving time but driving time break rules take precidence

ST3:

15 mins for RTD not 30

sjlee:

How long have you had your driving licence for? And who gave you your training to get your licence?

EastAnglianTrucker:

sjlee:

How long have you had your driving licence for? And who gave you your training to get your licence?

Don’t troll him, he’ new and just double checking what he thinks he knows.

EastAnglianTrucker:

sjlee:

I got mine out the coco pops box :wink: :slight_smile:

sjlee:

To answer your question if you’re at a drop and you’re working/unloading then really you should leave the tacho on work, that’s if you want to play it by the book.

ST3:
if you dont do 4:30 driving you will still require a break of 30mins every 6 hours for working time directive.

Rubbish. The WTD requires that you don’t work more than six hours without taking a break of at least 15 minutes. No mention of 30 minute breaks.

Roymondo:

ST3:
if you dont do 4:30 driving you will still require a break of 30mins every 6 hours for working time directive.

Rubbish. The WTD requires that you don’t work more than six hours without taking a break of at least 15 minutes. No mention of 30 minute breaks.

It does mention 30 minutes of breaks if you work 6 - 9 hours, 45 mins if you work over 9 hours. But you are right that you will not work 6 hours continuously without taking a break. A break must be at least 15 mins.

sjlee:

No you don`t, a digi tacho records the stop as other work automatically.

You may not be driving continuously but you are still working ie: dropping off or collecting goods, so the time out of the cab is not classed as a break. The only time the tacho will class it as a break is if you set it to ‘break’ manually and then take your 45 minutes, or 15 and 30 on two separate breaks.

As mentioned in a previous post, a digi tacho will give you a warning at 4 hours 15 minutes but it`s always useful to keep track of time yourself.

Yes - the total of all breaks taken over the shift is specified (30 or 45 minutes depending on how long you actually work) but nowhere does it say that you have to take a 30 minute break every six hours.

Wind up.

ST3:
if you dont do 4:30 driving you will still require a break ofat least 15 mins every 6 hours for working time directive.

FTFY

FarnboroughBoy11:
Wind up.

I kind of know where you’re coming from there FB11. If it is a wind up then the man is as pathetic as those losers who sound their horn when passing parked up trucks on a night. But if he is then you and I have wasted 5 minutes of our lives, no biggie really.

If however it’s a genuine question then the op has done the sensible thing by asking. We always say that there aint any stupid questions, only stupid answers after all. We all run the risk of becoming cynical and bitter, twisted old men!

Well, I don’t obviously. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

rob63:

sjlee:

Not on all tachos :wink: , those fitted post Septemder 2007 should default to break when the ign is switched off, UNLESS they’ve been reprogrammed at a tacho centre.

MADBAZ:

rob63:

sjlee:

Not on all tachos :wink: , those fitted post Septemder 2007 should default to break when the ign is switched off, UNLESS they’ve been reprogrammed at a tacho centre.

Never come across that, but thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: