NEW DRIVER!

some one point me in right direction of working time that states 15mins for break. as only thing i see is this:

Breaks

Drivers completing a working period of between 6 and 9 hours must take a break(s) totalling at least 30 minutes.
Where periods of work exceed 9 hours a break(s) totaling at least 45 minutes must be taken.
Only breaks of at least 15 minutes qualify towards these breaks.

ST3:
some one point me in right direction of working time that states 15mins for break. as only thing i see is this:

Breaks

Drivers completing a working period of between 6 and 9 hours must take a break(s) totalling at least 30 minutes.
Where periods of work exceed 9 hours a break(s) totaling at least 45 minutes must be taken.
Only breaks of at least 15 minutes qualify towards these breaks.

you’ve missed off the bit where it says something like ‘you must not work more that 6 hours without a break’

Breaks:
— Mobile workers must not work more than 6 consecutive hours without taking a break.
— If your working hours total between 6 and 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 30 minutes.
— If your working hours total more than 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 45 minutes.
— Breaks should be of at least 15 minutes’ duration.

CLICKY page 46

MADBAZ:

Breaks:
— Mobile workers must not work more than 6 consecutive hours without taking a break.
— If your working hours total between 6 and 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 30 minutes.
— If your working hours total more than 9 hours, working time should be interrupted by a break or breaks totalling at least 45 minutes.

CLICKY page 46

copied from page 46.

u Breaks:

now some one who edited my post to 15 mins can change back to 30mins :wink:

just keep simple if doing locals of 8 or 10 hour shift just have 45min dinner break in middle.

ST3:

Why, when what you posted was incorrect?

ST3:

MADBAZ:

Breaks:
Mobile workers must not work more than 6 consecutive hours without taking a break.
Breaks should be of at least 15 minutes’ duration.

CLICKY page 46

copied from page 46.

u Breaks:

just …

WHY?
There is nothing stopping you taking 15 minutes at 6 hours and another 15 minutes at say 8 hours or even at the 12 hour mark!

This 15/30 minute thing has been done to death on here, read the four sentences slowly and repeat, it will sink in. In fact I’ll help…

This simply means that at or before 6 hours into your shift you must take a break, but you need to be careful, after a break you can only work for 6 more hours before you must take a break

This means if your shift is over 6 hours but less than 9 hours you must have 30 minutes at or before the 6 hour mark (see above) or you can have 15 minutes at or before the 6 hour mark (see above) AND another 15 minutes.

Similar to above, but you can have 3 x 15 minutes, a 15 then a 30 or even a 30 then a 15, but as previously mentioned don’t go for more than 6 hours without taking a break.

Now this sentence is really confusing, what it means is, if you need to take a break that satisfies the WTD, that break must be at least 15 minutes long, 3 x 5 minute ■■■ breaks don’t count, however a 20 minute continuous break does.

im happy my way it keeps me legal having extra breaks most times i hit my 4.30 drive time any ways to have an hour

rob63:

sjlee:
Can anyone tell me when multi-dropping and arrived at a stop, do you need to do anything to the tachograph?

No you don`t, a digi tacho records the stop as other work automatically.

Some tacho heads will default to break so best to check early on and if necessary change to other work when you stop, unless you’re having a break.

rob63:

Also will the tachograph warn you when you must have a break, or have you got to keep checking yourself?

As mentioned in a previous post, a digi tacho will give you a warning at 4 hours 15 minutes but it`s always useful to keep track of time yourself.

As mentioned above POA periods above 15 minutes will “interfere” with break calculations WITHIN THE HEAD. Until you become totally familiar with driving & WTD rules and how to use them to your best advantage a stopwatch, notebook or proprietary timer can be a useful tool.

ST3:
im happy my way it keeps me legal having extra breaks most times i hit my 4.30 drive time any ways to have an hour

No harm in having more than the minimum 15 mins but the law deffo says minimum 15 mins and not 30 for 6 hours of work

I’m a multidrop driver, to give you an example of a usual day and my breaks…

I start work at 06.00am take a 15/20 min break at 10.00am then if on a local route and won’t do 4 1/2 hours drive then have a 30 min break at 13.00pm. The last break will then reset WTD until 19.00pm and reset drive time for another 4 1/2 hours.
Obviously if i do 4 1/2 drive before 13.00pm I take my 30mins then,you then only need to worry about the WTD 6 hour rule.

Hope that makes sense and helps.