New design ratchet strap

Ok Guys just a quick update, I have today received the granted patent for the new style ratchet, wont be long before they are in the shops,
thanks again for the feedback and apologies for upsetting a couple of folks

Like many of the most successful ideas is one of those that makes you wonder why no one has done it before, looks like a fantastic idea

No more using a knife or burning the end of the strap to thread it through. These look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We hardy ever strap what we carry but theres always the odd occasion and the straps supplied by the co. i sub for are invariably always ■■■■■■. I’d personally buy 20 or so for my own use, looks a good idea… :sunglasses:

love it,lost count of the amount of time I have wasted trying to untangle ratchet straps after others have tangled them up

I must say, the op has done his homework…its great to have a ratchet that makes life easier, and this one does it…quite often we have to use up to 20 straps/ratchets and this new idea will save time…especially as VOSA take an interest as to how a load has to be secured, this will make strapping a lot easier…we might even get to enjoy it…ha ha . I wish him every success, and hope he shares some of his wealth with me for this good honest review. :smiley: :smiley:

I may be wrong, but I thought that the reason ratchets have to be pushed up rather than pulled down, is to stop drivers from over tightening them.

Hi Lads I know its been a while but things have got a little messy,
seems a large ratchet company wants to buy the ratchet design and put it on the shelf, they want exclusive rights to not sell it as there turnover of existing ratchets will be diminished, they will loose business, they are not offering me enough so will be trying to raise funds now to get the first order placed, this has gone on like the Forsyth saga, all I want to do is get them manufactured and start selling them. it will happen I can promise you that, so that’s the latest, but just to remind you all ,its a tried and tested ratchet that conforms to all strength tests, its very quick to attach and to remove and keeps you safe within 1 meter of the side of the truck, I have just had the first proof of a professional video and will show you all on here when its finished, I will not be selling them on here or telling you where to get them from, I am afraid you will have to do your own research for your local suppliers, [ I aint getting in trouble again],
as stated before the patent has been granted and I have the certificate, whey hey, nothing is easy in this life unless you have the money to make it so,
drive safe lads and god bless
kind regards Mike Smith

Ok before I break the rules again, I have ratchets in stock, I will be at truckfest at Peterborough doing my market research
look for the strapzie van

mjsent:
Ok before I break the rules again, I have ratchets in stock, I will be at truckfest at Peterborough doing my market research

Ever thought about going on dragon’s den

mjsent:

Might be lonely, think it’s cancelled, something to do with Bat-flu

As good as the design is it would still need to be a pull down ratchet before i would buy it, you just dont get enough on a push up

Your biggest problem is going to be the far east, they do not care about patents etc, especially from small time players.
Mate was told new product, get it made lots of them, and sell at sensible price, so basically flood the market, as once they catch on and start copying them you are screwed, this was from a patent lawyer as well!

biggriffin:

mjsent:

Might be lonely, think it’s cancelled, something to do with Bat-flu

Don’t know if it’s cancelled, Ticket master are promoting tickets for sale.
ps://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/truckfest-t … 4_8/6/2020