New design ratchet strap

youtube.com/watch?v=g84HT0bSAHI
looking for some feedback lads, you must be as p—ed of with ratchets as me so I came up with this new one, see what you think and let me know, they will be available in the new year, and there is a email address on the you tube video,
I am really exited about them and I hope you are too, they are going to make life so much easier and safer, no more walking backwards to release the ratchet from the straps or working with straps that are soaked on the floor in the rain,
got a real good feeling about them, hope you like them

Your video doesn’t really show how they work, there seems to be a pin holding the bar in but you don’t show it.

It would take a closer look at the device to have any idea of how durable it’s going to be, it looks good to use but it’s no good if it’s going to fall apart after a week or two, without a closer look there’s no way of telling if it’s up-to the job or not.

Apart from that your 2 threads break the forum rules so probably won’t be around long.

I would like to apologise for the rule break, it was a pure accident, I copied and pasted it onto the other section when it was supposed to be another question altogether, as you know I cannot remove the post I have tried, but again I am sorry for the rule break
regards mike

To be honest I may have been mistaken about the posts breaking the forum rules, it’s not actually advertising so…

Anyway good luck with the ratchet, like I said I think a more in depth video would help but that’s just my opinion :wink:

mjsent:
I would like to apologise for the rule break, it was a pure accident, I copied and pasted it onto the other section when it was supposed to be another question altogether, as you know I cannot remove the post I have tried, but again I am sorry for the rule break
regards mike

Hi Mike,

A Moderator has already taken care of your other post, so that’s sorted. :wink:

Since you’ve asked for opinions, I’ve moved your topic to the main forum and I agree with tachograph… it doesn’t seem to be an advert because you’re not trying to sell anything.

dieseldave:

mjsent:
regards mike

it doesn’t seem to be an advert because you’re not trying to sell anything.

They’ll be available in the new year and there’s an email address in the YouTube video.
Without a placard saying for sale I don’t see which part of the post isn’t a sales fishing expedition

Looks good to me. So simple, why has nobody thought of it before ? :slight_smile:

Looks like a ■■■■ fine idea to me. You would never have to trim the end of a ratchet again.

Cracking idea, in my last job I could have been putting 14 ratchets on a load 5 times a day, this would have made it so much easier.

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

Looks a good idea alright,
Just a matter of marketing etc.

When you appearing on
“Dragons Den”!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I could be wrong but I’m sure I saw something on the same principle where the whole centre barrel came out a few years ago .

Get to the Patent Office pronto :exclamation:

Brilliant idea, I’ll be ordering 14! I reckon you’ll make a fortune mate [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Excellent idea but may I suggest that the ratchets are reversed so that you pull downwards to tension strap.
Personally I have always found I get more leverage when pulling downwards.

simon1958:

what he said ^^^

Simple and it works, well done mate.

Good idea and we use allot of straps in a day but I prefer the pull down rachet strap as opposed to pushing up, Is this just an product waiting on patient or can it be purchased?

Juddian:

simon1958:

what he said ^^^

Simple and it works, well done mate.

+1
You want to see if you can patent the quick release bar thingy.

Patent solicitors cost a fortune so try and get it lockedin sharpish.
To late I’ve just patented your idea :wink:

Looks a great idea, how it will stand up to bad weather, wear and tear, cost vs standard ratchet are all questions to consider.

Solves the issue of trying to put a floppy frayed wet strap through the ratchet nicely.
Course back in the day we used to put diesel on the things and burn em to get a nice stiff end.

Excellent ratchet.

Been done before though I couldn’t find them for sale on the video maker’s website

youtu.be/AgKawg2FCj8

That said if some were available in the ergo/pull-down design and the price was right I’d buy 10.

Looks like a good idea to me especially when you are strapping up in a place with little working area.

If I could suggest a small refinement though. Make the hook on the strap out of something magnetic so that when you are going rave to rave up by the pin and round the wheel arches its harder for the hook on the strap end to fall off. Its not a problem when you are going chassis rail to chassis rail but rave to rave can sometimes be a bugger. This would help.

Mike_:
Been done before though I couldn’t find them for sale on the video maker’s website

youtu.be/AgKawg2FCj8

That said if some were available in the ergo/pull-down design and the price was right I’d buy 10.

I knew I’d seen it before. That was 2011