New DAF XF

DAF-XF1.jpgHello Guys, As I have been off work for a bit I was just wondering if the new DAF XF is starting to make much of an appearance on the highways and byways of this wonderful country of ours. Good looking truck I reckon mind you the revamp was not before time, where I always liked the DAF XF I reckon it was starting to look a bit long in the tooth in fact it was been suggested the basic cab has had the longest production run in automotive history!!!

Yes there are a few knocking about, the new face looks ugly in my opinion specially the lights, I prefer the look of the ones just gone (XF105 ATe). I’ve even seen the new CF in the fleet spec last week, just as ugly, I really liked them too up until now (never driven one)…

Seen more of the new Renaults than the new Dafs and considering they’re the top selling truck in Europe i’m quite surprised.

Only seen a small few which have been either demo ones or foreign plated ones!!! Seeing the new Renault popping up more and more though in that dirty brown paint job that seems to be the most common choice people are going for

I’ve seen mainly demo versions or foreign ones , but over the last week or 2 I’ve seen a few low loaders transporting unregistered ones.

Yes considering the XF is Europe’s best selling tractor unit it seems to be having a slow start making its presence felt! A bit like when the MAN TGA was first launched the press were calling it the Invisible MAN lol

well it may be ugly but at least they have removed those stupid non-opening quarter lights

Wreford’s of Northampton have a brace of new shape XF’s

Not many sold before the 1 of January as every body brought the last of euro 5 .few more on road now tho

Yes, that’s right - vast amounts of Euro 5’s were pre-ordered to save a considerable amount of money over the Euro 6.

We’ve got our last two Euro 5’s and the first of our Euro 6’s going on the road on 1st March, so can’t wait to match them up.

What’s so special about euro 6 then?

The first Euro 6 XFs were 4x2s built in Holland, and as such not suitable for most UK operators. The Leyland plant in the UK was building Euro 5 until the last minute. But now they will be building Euro 6 in various chassis configurations.

A lot of the ‘look’ of this truck depends on the colour scheme.

This one is the nicest I’ve seen so far.

truckingtopics.co.uk/euro6stardesdaf.html

Pimpdaddy:

you can only get the facelift (wont say new cab) cab in euro 6

Pimpdaddy:

Nothing really they are just more environmentally friendly,more expensive to buy ,will be more of a headache when they go wrong due to all the added crap that makes them Euro 6

Personally I don’t think the added expense of developing them,and buying them will make that much of an environmental difference over Euro5…After all with the crap that Asia ,Africa ,Eastern Europe,Central and South America emit wether it be car truck or factory ,but that is ok …Where as we are hammered

Pimpdaddy:

About £10-12k extra and an exhaust system the size of a small car for a start… :exclamation:

norb:
After all with the crap that Asia ,Africa ,Eastern Europe,Central and South America emit wether it be car truck or factory ,but that is ok …Where as we are hammered

Someone from Scania told me that if you took a Euro 6 bus or truck to a city in China/India/Mexico and so on then what came out of the exhaust would actually be cleaner than the air it was sucking in through the intake. I can well believe it.

Anyone who has been to China will know that emissions in Europe are absolute chickenfeed compared to what they’re pumping out.

chester1:

Pimpdaddy:

you can only get the facelift (wont say new cab) cab in euro 6

Suprisingly chester it is a new cab ,with a new chassis ,new rear axle and air suspension set up,new front axle,.The chassis was widened to take the larger cooling system ,hence they had to widen the track ,and widen the cab so the mounts would sit on the wider chassis …The cab was recrash tested,which isn’t a requirement for old cabs…DAF basically kept the same design and just enlargFed it along with safety improvements

Unlike other Manufacturers DAF didn’t do they new cab with Euro 5 engines…If you wanted a Euro 6 before jan 1st you could have it …But why bother …You will start to see more of them over the coming months,as Euro 6 is all you can order …The Europeans where buying Euro 6 before the deadline,probably had incentives to buy them

Olog Hai:

norb:
After all with the crap that Asia ,Africa ,Eastern Europe,Central and South America emit wether it be car truck or factory ,but that is ok …Where as we are hammered

Someone from Scania told me that if you took a Euro 6 bus or truck to a city in China/India/Mexico and so on then what came out of the exhaust would actually be cleaner than the air it was sucking in through the intake. I can well believe it.

Anyohat’s what the manufactne who has been to China will know that emissions in Europe are absolute chickenfeed compared to what they’re pumping out.

Yes that’s what the manufacturers are saying ,the exhaust is cleaner than the air going in

Not too long ago we were having the same conversation about euro 5…

GasGas:
The first Euro 6 XFs were 4x2s built in Holland, and as such not suitable for most UK operators. The Leyland plant in the UK was building Euro 5 until the last minute. But now they will be building Euro 6 in various chassis configurations.

A lot of the ‘look’ of this truck depends on the colour scheme.

This one is the nicest I’ve seen so far.

truckingtopics.co.uk/euro6stardesdaf.html

The reason they started with 4x2 is that is the chassis configuration of choice for Europeans.Apart from pre production LFs running about Leyland ,the Euro 6 LF only went in to production the last fortnight of December…Had a drive of one ,was disappointed in the interior quality of switch gear and I love my DAFs…Wether Renault had a say since it is their cab I don’t know …Renault have stayed with the same ignition,so you will still have the same old Euro5 keys ,and a separate fob,for light check and central locking