New DAF XF

Pimpdaddy:
Not too long ago we were having the same conversation about euro 5…

and will again for Euro 7…The manufacturers age getting together to tell Brussels to back off

I think it looks fabulous myself although I felt the old model while looking good was getting very dated. You have to laugh at all this Euro1,2,3,4,5 now 6, I remember some big wig who was involved in Diesel engine development at one of the big manufacturers, I cannot remember which one and basically this guy was saying the nutcases at the EU were forcing them to have boffins working night & day in laboratories working on engines to get emissions down and so long as cows are ■■■■■■■ in fields it will not make one iota of a difference!!!

Well I have to say I lurrrve mine. Very smooth and very quiet. A relaxing drive. You don’t accelerate you waft. We got 2, and mine’s the one on the left below, taken somewhere in France en route to Madrid just before Christmas. The other bloke was Volvo thru and thru before he jumped in the Daf, but she’s won him round. He wouldn’t go back now.

norb:

chester1:

Pimpdaddy:
What’s so special about euro 6 then?

you can only get the facelift (wont say new cab) cab in euro 6

Suprisingly chester it is a new cab ,with a new chassis ,new rear axle and air suspension set up,new front axle,.The chassis was widened to take the larger cooling system ,hence they had to widen the track ,and widen the cab so the mounts would sit on the wider chassis …The cab was recrash tested,which isn’t a requirement for old cabs…DAF basically kept the same design and just enlargFed it along with safety improvements

Unlike other Manufacturers DAF didn’t do they new cab with Euro 5 engines…If you wanted a Euro 6 before jan 1st you could have it …But why bother …You will start to see more of them over the coming months,as Euro 6 is all you can order …The Europeans where buying Euro 6 before the deadline,probably had incentives to buy them

It’s the same same cab with the same width and length and hight as the old one, with a few bits of new plastics thrown at it and new lights, with the same interior, shoulda done something with that lump in the middle of the dash taking up space.
Nothing more spectacular than a modernised 1989 daft 95.
Incidentally the exhaust system is approx £16000, totally rediculous.
Still, it does have a comfy bunk!

I better tell the people at DAF that they never changed the cab…Afraid you are 100 % wrong weeto…The veh has a wider tract FACT Now if the cab wasn’t widened the tyres would protrude ,the cab mounts wouldn’t fit on the chassis FACT,as they had to widen it to accommodate the larger cooling system FACT…But believe what you want with nothing to back it up

Yep the exhaust system if you require the complete system will be in the region of £16 to £20,000…but MAN have been charging £10,000 plus for their current system ,and all manufacturers will be charging in the same region…It s old news where the cab origin comes from,though if you read what scania say in a new thread about development ,they are just doing what DAF have been doing for years

norb:
I better tell the people at DAF that they never changed the cab…Afraid you are 100 % wrong weeto…The veh has a wider tract FACT Now if the cab wasn’t widened the tyres would protrude ,the cab mounts wouldn’t fit on the chassis FACT,as they had to widen it to accommodate the larger cooling system FACT…But believe what you want with nothing to back it up

Yep the exhaust system if you require the complete system will be in the region of £16 to £20,000…but MAN have been charging £10,000 plus for their current system ,and all manufacturers will be charging in the same region…It s old news where the cab origin comes from,though if you read what scania say in a new thread about development ,they are just doing what DAF have been doing for years

Yeah what ever you think, you best ring em and tell em they screwed up on the measurements on the spec sheets.

malcolmj:
well it may be ugly but at least they have removed those stupid non-opening quarter lights

Shame the haven’t done the same with the new CF.

Bed is longer :laughing: :laughing:

fingermissing:

That’s about the best thing about the truck!

weeto:

fingermissing:

That’s about the best thing about the truck!

Not true.
Our lot have two, tidy cup holders in the new one. Similar to those in a volvo. I know it’s petty, but after, does it drive? Pull? And can I sleep in it? I loves a good cup holder me.

Well my employer has put 25 new DAF XF’s on the road but unfortunately they are the old model, still a good motor to drive though!

Just a modern take on perfection. I love 'em!

IMG_0543.JPG

knowall:
Just a modern take on perfection. I love 'em!

very nice mate!!!