New Daf on CM Big Lorry Blog

commercialmotor.com/big-lorr … glorryblog

Looks alright in the flesh. Can’t see any rust on the front bumber yet. :laughing:

The bumper looks fine, wont be long before engine trouble sets in though!

trucking international have a artical on it this month

Is the windscreen pelmet standard?

What’s with the nasty chrome bit…

Yeah, that’s the only bit I’m not sure about, that brushed aluminium strip may have looked better directly under the windscreen or maybe left off altogether!

The motor looks pretty much the same as the current XF apart from that strip, bit risky.

Silver_Surfer:
Yeah, that’s the only bit I’m not sure about, that brushed aluminium strip may have looked better directly under the windscreen or maybe left off altogether!

The motor looks pretty much the same as the current XF apart from that strip, bit risky.

I believe they’ve done the important job of sorting those bloody windows out, that’s all that matters.

Wonder what the inside looks like, daf have had the same interior for about a million years.

The picture reminds me of something that has always made me wonder.

Do air horns on the roof eventually get full up with dead bumble bees and stop working?

Not had it five minutes and he already has tacky frilly bits and a number plate with his name on it lol, classy.

Looks like a normal XF with ugly headlights to me.

The numberplate won’t last long hanging down off the bumper like that. :open_mouth:

Are they doing a 6x2 version for 44t work?

As it’s made by the same people who make the CF I drive, it’ll have the same poverty-spec interior with Lada quality sharp-edged plastics that creak and flex.

After all, nothing says quality like a Daf.

Phantom Mark:
Not had it five minutes and he already has tacky frilly bits and a number plate with his name on it lol, classy.

Camp Freddy’s driving it so infact i am amazed its not fully frilled up and looking like he just ram raided CPC (if there still going) warehouse !!

cav551:
The picture reminds me of something that has always made me wonder.

Do air horns on the roof eventually get full up with dead bumble bees and stop working?

Depends how often you use 'em :laughing: :wink:

Big Jules:

Phantom Mark:

Camp Freddy’s driving it so infact i am amazed its not fully frilled up and looking like he just ram raided CPC (if there still going) warehouse !!

:laughing:

A cab design that goes back to the 80’s with some rough edges taken off and some major flaws finally addressed.

I’d hardly call this a “new” DAF,i just hope they’ve kept the treadle type brake pedal,that’s about the only thing i like about DAF’s.

obsessivecompulsive2:
A cab design that goes back to the 80’s with some rough edges taken off and some major flaws finally addressed.

I’d hardly call this a “new” DAF,i just hope they’ve kept the treadle type brake pedal,that’s about the only thing i like about DAF’s.

I’m sure I read in a mag that they have done away with that style of brake pedal.

damoq:

obsessivecompulsive2:

I’m sure I read in a mag that they have done away with that style of brake pedal.

Now if that is true,then my tiny liking of DAF’s has just been reduced to a big fat zero! :frowning:

obsessivecompulsive2:

damoq:

obsessivecompulsive2:

Now if that is true,then my tiny liking of DAF’s has just been reduced to a big fat zero! :frowning:

It is true. Page 34 in January’s edition of trucking mag. To quote from said page:

‘Drivers may not notice unless told, but DAF had deleted the treadle type break pedal in favour of a more standard hanging version’