New Daf on CM Big Lorry Blog

That new grille/chrome logo is horrid. Looks like the work of some unrefined American designer probably… Shame, it was just fine the way it was before.
From a shot I saw a few weeks ago, I think they’ve taken the colours away from the rev counter too (although I hope I’m wrong). No doubt they’ve probably gone and messed up the rest of the interior as well.

Whatever happened to leaving well alone?

damoq:

obsessivecompulsive2:

damoq:

obsessivecompulsive2:
A cab design that goes back to the 80’s with some rough edges taken off and some major flaws finally addressed.

I’d hardly call this a “new” DAF,i just hope they’ve kept the treadle type brake pedal,that’s about the only thing i like about DAF’s.

I’m sure I read in a mag that they have done away with that style of brake pedal.

Now if that is true,then my tiny liking of DAF’s has just been reduced to a big fat zero! :frowning:

It is true. Page 34 in January’s edition of trucking mag. To quote from said page:

‘Drivers may not notice unless told, but DAF had deleted the treadle type break pedal in favour of a more standard hanging version’

Don’t read that particular mag. I didn’t see any mention of it being deleted in Commercial Motor in favour of the “top hinged” type,but i’ll readily take your word for it.

Shame they’ve decided to go down that route though,i think the treadle type was far better.

(Big shock here) I like it, the DAF cab is not bad so changing it was not needed, but it’s a nice update on what was already the best long distance truck on the market. I hope the front bumper is metal and not plastic, as if you paint it right it won’t rust, and will stand up to abuse better than a plastic one!

Can’t wait to see one in the flesh. Pretty confident I’ll see one before a new FH, even though they are out a long time after…

they have galved front bumper

I hated the old treadle break pedal, I sit low down and back so I’d be stepping too low on the brake pedal to get any flipping response out of the thing.

Benni:
The numberplate won’t last long hanging down off the bumper like that. :open_mouth:

XF’s have always had the numberplate hang off the front bumper, and it’s very common for them to be left behind on high kurbs in services or in potholes in truck stops.

mattaid:
they have galved front bumper

Bloody hell, DAF fixed a design fault ? How about a decent cup holder then ? instead of an after thought in the door to splash about with ? or is that hoping for too much ?