New car tax rates

if you want to sign a downing st. petition against the tax increases, try this link.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/UNFAIR-VED

£abour
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Wheres Guy Fawkes when you need him! :smiling_imp:

mmmmmm - i remember the poll tax, the destruction of UK manufacturing, sky high interest rates and the pound crashing out of the ‘EMU’ and most of all complete LACK OF INVESTMENT IN UK INFRASTRUCTURE

Don’t be quick to criticise “£abour” - whilst many will welcome a change of government - Including me - what we really need in this country is concensus politics where we work together for a better future rather than the COMEDY CAT FIGHT across the despatch boxes in the HOUSE OF CLOWNS.

Whatever the Government - DIFFICULT TIMES ARE AHEAD - the fight to maintain our so called democracy and liberty that was fought for by my father and his generation in World War 2 - is coming back - this time the enemy might be Saudi backed terrorists or nutcases African dictators or US based oil family dyNASTY’s

Apologies for moving away from the subject matter - no-one likes to pay more tax in this country. Some of us just want everyone to pay the same, youth worker, pensioner, middlle aged family, big business man/woman etc etc

Whats annoying is those who avoid tax altogether but still enjoy the fruits of everyone elses labour.

I don’t mind paying more car tax - just look at how £uck3d the ENVIRONMENT IS ■■?

We have to stop and think before we jump in the car and drive around the corner to the shop and making people pay more is one way of doing this.

Soap box over.

I do mind being penalised on a purchasing decision I made several years ago, when they roll out the excuse of it saves the enviroment - yeah by 0.1% by 2020 (I might be wrong I’m quoting from memory) - at least be honest and admit its a revenue raiser.

its not just the extra tax - its the actual value of my investment/car that has been ripped away by this government.

Just imagine if they started increasing council tax because your house hasnt got double glazing/insulation because it uses extra fuel to heat - its the same argument. You can put numerous situations into this argument but it all boils down to money in their pockets and no incentives for the people.

End of party political broadcast on behalf of the Kierens Republic Party of Cannock. :laughing:

maybe it’s because i’m getting old and taking more notice of things but this governments answer to everything is to tax it. If it was a green tax my little ford ka would be going down in tax its hardly a “gas guzzler”

Some people may criticise the last conservative government but when they took control in 79 the country was upto its neck in pooh right now we’re upto our knees and sinking fast!

Up to my knees? I need a bloody snorkel but I’d probably get caught up in a breathing apparatus tax :smiley:

anything to make the government listen to us for once in their tiny little lives is good to me!!!

Its about time that they listen to the normal people and not other low life money making merchants like themselves, they are supposed to be there for us!!! I think■■?

Well in retrospect, we know nothing will be done about this petition, but at least we can say that we have tried!

And my friends want to know why I want to leave this country?!

What will be next!?!?!?!? Ban against smoking in the home? Being told that we can only have 1 child?!

Are we a westernisd country or living in the Far East? I do wonder sometime.

end of rant, and yes I do hate being dictated to by anyone!!

i’ve always voted tory much to my parents shame but even they are shocked that labour’s taxes could hurt the poor more than the rich.
First there was the 10p tax, my son who’s just starting out lost out in life lost out whereas i gained, how much did my rich boss gain?
Then there’s the ved a millionaire can afford to pay £450 a year to tax his chelsea tractor but my mate will struggle to pay for his discovery he pulls his caravan with and he can’t even sell it because the 2nd hand market has collapsed.
Wake up everyone and sign that petition we have to tell brown how we feel before the bailiffs arrive and take the computer away.

Has anyone got the proposed figures for the increase such as what emissions = what tax :question: :question:

del949:
if you want to sign a downing st. petition against the tax increases, try this link.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/UNFAIR-VED

What a complete and utter load of puke :exclamation: what sought of people are you that you think that this or any other government is going to take any interest whatsoever of some pathetic petition :exclamation:
How many petitions have been handed in abot fuel tax :question: and and what have they achieved :question:
You mention pole tax, that got abolished because of riots, nothing else :exclamation: and then all they did ws bring in another one called council tax, and all ever people do about that is write petitions, and what gets done about it :question:
What a bunch of gullible limp wristed poofters :angry:

well how about a 7 litre V8…zero tax :smiling_imp:

Jensen Interceptor !!

andy187:

Jensen Interceptor !!

Who would buy a car like that then not drive it for seven years while you restore something else :question: :question: :question: i smell bs :exclamation:

ROG:
Has anyone got the proposed figures for the increase such as what emissions = what tax :question: :question:

this will help parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/

it’s not a green tax! it’s just a way of getting more money off you.
the new tax bands should be for car registered from 2008/09/10.

mobi:

ROG:

this will help parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/

No help - it only gives the current tax and not the proposed tax :frowning:

what car are you looking at

should look like this

Renault Laguna Hatchback (94-01)
1.6 16V Sport 5d

Rates effective from 13 March 2008
Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km)
22 Jun 1999 — 1 Feb 2001 £101.75 £185.00 -

Rates effective from April 2009
22 Jun 1999 — 1 Feb 2001 £101.75 £185.00 -

Rates effective from April 2010
22 Jun 1999 — 1 Feb 2001 £110.00 £200.00 -

Mikejk:

andy187:

Jensen Interceptor !!

Who would buy a car like that then not drive it for seven years while you restore something else :question: :question: :question: i smell bs :exclamation:

people who can afford to, he’s got a large workshop there, a mustang on the drive (which backs up his story), and another project inside, i suppose the jensen is making way for the new project

My old Volvo stays the same till 2010 and then goes up 15 quid. I can cope with that :wink: