NEW BOOK! LORRIES of ARABIA: ERF NGC

NEW BOOK

It has been suggested to me that I should open a thread to make everyone aware of this new book, as not everyone reads all the threads about old ERFs! :open_mouth:

Lorries of Arabia: ERF NGC is now, I believe available from Old Pond Publishing. I’ll give you the link in the post below.

I’ve already had some excellent feedback from people who received early copies. Robert :smiley:

Here’s the link for Old Pond:

oldpond.com/lorries-of-arabia-erf-ngc.html

I see it’s on Amazon but they don’t seem to have activated it yet. Robert

Is each copy numbered and signed? :slight_smile:

I hope the number of copies sold will exceed the number of NGC’s!

I was fortunate to receive a pre-release copy of Lorries of Arabia: ERF NGC for review.

The book is A5 size with a glossy semi-hard back front and back cover.
Containing 77 pages, the text is bold and easy to see.
The book is extremely well written and very easy to read and understand.
There are no lengthy lists of chassis numbers and engine numbers to remember!

The author has researched the vehicle very well indeed and has written a very concise, but informative account of the rare ERF NGC.
He has spoken to many of the ERF’s former owners, drivers and has included many quotes from them and also from some members of TrucknetUK!
To compliment the information Robert has also included a good collection of both colour and black & white photographs to give great visual impact!

For me, the highlight was reading just how well the machine did on a Truck magazine “Euro-Test” carried out during the early 1970’s, where it was pitched against some of Europe’s finest, including a Volvo f89 and a Scania V8 140!

In conclusion: For a truck enthusiast like myself, nothing else has been written about the rare NGC, so this book its a MUST HAVE in my collection!

ERF-Continental:

I’ll sign yours if ever we meet at a truck show! :smiley: I’ll deffo be at Gaydon. Robert

truckerash:
I was fortunate to receive a pre-release copy of Lorries of Arabia: ERF NGC for review.

The book is A5 size with a glossy semi-hard back front and back cover.
Containing 77 pages, the text is bold and easy to see.
The book is extremely well written and very easy to read and understand.
There are no lengthy lists of chassis numbers and engine numbers to remember!

The author has researched the vehicle very well indeed and has written a very concise, but informative account of the rare ERF NGC.
He has included many quotes and has spoken to many of the ERF’s former owners and drivers and has included a good collection of both colour and black & white photographs to enhance the text and to give great visual impact!

For me, the highlight was reading just how well the machine did on a Truck magazine “Euro-Test” carried out during the early 1970’s, where it was pitched against some of Europe’s finest, including a Volvo f89 and a Scania V8 140!

In conclusion: For a truck enthusiast like myself, nothing else has been written about the rare NGC, so this book its a MUST HAVE in my collection!

Thank you, Ash! Robert :smiley:

Couple of sample pages…

robert1952:

ERF-Continental:

I’ll sign yours if ever we meet at a truck show! :smiley: I’ll deffo be at Gaydon. Robert

Meanwhile some 10 copies are ordered, will you sign them all? -:slight_smile:

truckerash:
Couple of sample pages…

Please don’t sample more of them as Anorak will not buy this book anymore:-)

Since about half a year I am trying to persuade/convince management of Van Steenbergen to proceed on
buying (in fact it is more investing in future costs) the Collin-NGC…however no real developments as the
current owner does not reply…bear in mind this tractor has already a 40 years old DNA nowadays

ERF-Continental:

robert1952:

ERF-Continental:

Meanwhile some 10 copies are ordered, will you sign them all? -:slight_smile:

Yes! By the way I have just seen on Dutch facebook -Transportboek that there are 88 pages and 77 photos (I haven’t actually received my copies yet :laughing: - not that it bothers me!).

Interesting what you say about Van Steenbergen. That would be a superb project! Robert :smiley:

Van Steenbergen ordered 5 copies (the majority of the current generation drove the NGC) and as a matter
of fact it is not the financial part, but merely time and parts…whereas ■■■■■■■ showed to offer parts
FREE OF CHARGE for numerous projects, kind of marketing and public relations, Eaton is also eager to help

ERF-Continental:
Van Steenbergen ordered 5 copies (the majority of the current generation drove the NGC) and as a matter
of fact it is not the financial part, but merely time and parts…whereas ■■■■■■■ showed to offer parts
FREE OF CHARGE for numerous projects, kind of marketing and public relations, Eaton is also eager to help

Wow! I wish them all good luck. The thick plottens! :smiley: Robert

ERF-Continental:

truckerash:
Couple of sample pages…

I don’t know what I’ve done to annoy you, but you are damned lucky you are fighting me with a keyboard.

PS. Well done Robert- your magnum opus is on my Christmas list. :smiley:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-Continental:

truckerash:
Couple of sample pages…

I don’t know what I’ve done to annoy you, but you are damned lucky you are fighting me with a keyboard.

PS. Well done Robert- your magnum opus is on my Christmas list. :smiley:

Good show! :smiley: (With any luck, More Lorries of Arabia should be in the pipeline by then! :laughing: Robert

Well done Robert :smiley:

Ex-Postman Paul:
Well done Robert :smiley:

Cheers, Paul! I’ll bet the weather is mellowing nicely now in your neck of the woods. Robert :smiley:

I know how many hours of time and effort go into getting a book published and how proud you must feel now you have finally got a copy in your hands. Well done and congratulations, I hope you sell many and the royalty cheques are massive.

ChrisArbon:
I know how many hours of time and effort go into getting a book published and how proud you must feel now you have finally got a copy in your hands. Well done and congratulations, I hope you sell many and the royalty cheques are massive.

Bless you, Chris! The pleasure and fun was really in the doing of it (only the likes of JK Rowling make anything much out of royalties!). As for the pleasure of actually weighing the little tome in my hands, I hope to enjoy that tomorrow when I actually get a copy. And you are right: it is a nice feeling (I know, this is not my first book). Cheers old mate! Robert :smiley:

Well done Robert it must be good to feel the sense of achievement I hope it runs well for you !!! what a pity SARAMAT didn’t have any ERF’s (Ernest Robert Foden ) LOL !! I have been on the lookout for any ERF photos M/E and otherwise …I,m still an F89 man myself if only I could reach the pedals again !!!