New amazon nr East Midlands airport

I’ve tipped Ripley 9 am & have a collection out of amazon 15.30 , can you go in early , 10 am ish , will they load early etc ta

Let you in early ok ,12 o’clock , then tell you you’re booking time of 15.30 is apparently your arrival time , and you won’t be comming off a bay until 16.30 , and all the planner can say is that’s good !!! Tipped Ripley 9 am , hopefully leave amazon east midland airport 16.30 , how much is it to stand a truck p.h
And her parting shot is are you working tomorrow , Christ do I [zb] hate Fridays

Steak dinner anyone?

peirre:
Steak dinner anyone?

Apparently mrs agreed so is just doing chicken as doesn’t cost as much to chuck in bin when I don’t get home !!! , I just can understand in tipping Ripley 9 am then reloading nr East Midlands airport at 16.30 , it’s as if they get a thrill out of watching you sweat on whether you’ll get back or not .
Why not tip Ripley 9 am , load carlsberg derby 11 am & then have a early finish , crazy

Sent mrs pic , she wants to know why the lazy git haven’t got me on empty bays to right , might tell her to come out here & sort the idiots !!!

95DB9B7D-E0E3-4039-B501-F320C616EFE9.jpeg

Your sat nav is in the swept area of the windscreen. Not legal.

DickyNick:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its mounted down low so that he can get a better view of the bridges before he hits them.

dieseldog999:

DickyNick:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its mounted down low so that he can get a better view of the bridges before he hits them.

Fair point

DickyNick:

My factory fitted rain sensor is too. How do we stand with that?

dozy:
Sent mrs pic , she wants to know why the lazy git haven’t got me on empty bays to right , might tell her to come out here & sort the idiots !!!

I see fly by nite are still living the dream :stuck_out_tongue:

spike78:

dozy:

Fly by nite and stagetruck will both be found in supermarket DC’s and Amazon depots at the moment.

The owners are trying to stay afloat, and the drivers are still in a job. The work they were doing has completely gone and won’t be coming back for a long while yet.

Fair play and respect to them I say. I tried to get some agency worth with Stage Truck - as I fancied it. They turned me down due to experience… But I’d have loved it. If I had a mortgage to pay and I was a tour driver and was told to do general haulage junk right now I’d jump on it gladly. In fact, I am doing general haulage junk which is why I see them.

the maoster:

DickyNick:

That’s like saying someone else is speeding so I will as well. DVSA will know you can do nothing about a factory fitted sensor but you can put your sat nav elsewhere.

DickyNick:

the maoster:

DickyNick:

That’s like saying someone else is speeding so I will as well. DVSA will know you can do nothing about a factory fitted sensor but you can put your sat nav elsewhere.

Using that perverse and ridiculous logic… We should all be defecting any lorry fitted with a dashcam. They are aftermarket and can be moved… but they wouldn’t be much use if they were not within the swept area of windscreen wipers now would they.

Similarly, I’d love to know how the DVSA do their driving tests which include a satnav. Whilst they might not be attached to the windscreen, logic dictates that they will be within the swept area of the wipers. Therefore obstructing the view within the swept area: youtube.com/watch?v=5dZRbU2MiDk

In fact, anyone coming out with this rubbish is a bit of a half wit. The only place which isn’t within the swept area is the top right or left of the windscreen. Any HGV satnav will obstruct the view in the bottom right or left of the swept area in some way. The size of them alone dictates that. So I can only presume you all have your satnav mounted so hight you can’t see it. Or so low in the cab you need to take your eyes off the road to look at it.

Ah right. So the law is flexible when it suits then? No more black or white?

No not really. The rain sensor position must be legal otherwise it wouldn’t get its MOT.

spike78:

Loads of them do Amazon at Bristol too :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

spike78:

Loads of them do Amazon at Bristol too :laughing: :laughing:

Fair play to them. And others like Stage Truck. Their work was taken away overnight, mostly seasonal work too so no chance of getting it back. Instead of giving up and throwing their drivers on the heap for the season like a lot of companies have done they’ve gone and done something about it and made alternative arrangements.

I commend them.

DickyNick:
No not really. The rain sensor position must be legal otherwise it wouldn’t get its MOT.

So anything in the swept area is illegal and an MOT fail except when it isn’t? I see.This must cause a man such as yourself much anguish as you seem quite commendably to be a stickler for the rules. Nothing wrong with that btw.

Mr Dozy , surely your planning department would advice you if you can go in early or not , obviously that is what they get paid for : Planning .
What their truck earns per hour or per day is none of your business , as long as you get paid , don’t worry your pretty head about it .
I have seen the haulage rates that they earn for a certain contract , lets say , they won’t go broke on what I saw .Do you not realize that your employers can read what you say on here when slagging them off , be careful Vince .

dozy:

Fair play to you Dozy. You have the thickest skin on here what with all the digs you get. I tip my cap to you Sir. Most would have done one by now. Least you provide plentiful ribbing material for the Rapier Wit’s on here. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk