New amazon nr East Midlands airport

toby1234abc:
Mr Dozy , surely your planning department would advice you if you can go in early or not , obviously that is what they get paid for : Planning .
What their truck earns per hour or per day is none of your business , as long as you get paid , don’t worry your pretty head about it .
I have seen the haulage rates that they earn for a certain contract , lets say , they won’t go broke on what I saw .Do you not realize that your employers can read what you say on here when slagging them off , be careful Vince .

You’re right there Tobes. I’d say Eddie has a social media department team, one of them probly sits on here all day waiting for intel. [emoji362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently Hector Brocklebank is the head of the media intelligence unit , he was an owner driver for HB Fash and drove for Angus Nairn international logging logistics , I would say well qualified to keep an eye on Dozys telematics and driver facing cab camera which is shown at the Christmas party .
Allegedly the on board microphone recording is a right laugh on a Friday night .

sammym:

DickyNick:

the maoster:

DickyNick:
Your sat nav is in the swept area of the windscreen. Not legal.

My factory fitted rain sensor is too. How do we stand with that?

That’s like saying someone else is speeding so I will as well. DVSA will know you can do nothing about a factory fitted sensor but you can put your sat nav elsewhere.

Using that perverse and ridiculous logic… We should all be defecting any lorry fitted with a dashcam. They are aftermarket and can be moved… but they wouldn’t be much use if they were not within the swept area of windscreen wipers now would they.

Similarly, I’d love to know how the DVSA do their driving tests which include a satnav. Whilst they might not be attached to the windscreen, logic dictates that they will be within the swept area of the wipers. Therefore obstructing the view within the swept area: youtube.com/watch?v=5dZRbU2MiDk

In fact, anyone coming out with this rubbish is a bit of a half wit. The only place which isn’t within the swept area is the top right or left of the windscreen. Any HGV satnav will obstruct the view in the bottom right or left of the swept area in some way. The size of them alone dictates that. So I can only presume you all have your satnav mounted so hight you can’t see it. Or so low in the cab you need to take your eyes off the road to look at it.

I had to drive the wife’s Fiesta last week, the factory fitted something obscures anything in front of the car, the sat nav looks like a dressing table mirror in our bedroom, what a load of old shy

Hello all , not been on Trucknet for a long while , although I do still pop in sometimes .
Just reading this post and saw the comments re:- Fly By Nite .
When Covid came along and kicked us all in the nuts , we lost ALL of our work , literally overnight .
Before lockdown , due to all those morons panic buying , I worked for Tesco Dagenham doing London store deliveries, then later , midlands based stores for Asda . We were happy to help and of course earning still , although as everywhere started closing it did get tough .
We then got offered Amazon traction work , due to the strain online sales were putting on its system . The trailer movements were , and still are , above xmas levels . We pull trailers on mainly long distace runs and will do until the music world gets back .
It’s not just FBN , our brothers and sisters at Stage Truck and Stardes are along for the ride also .
No prima Donna’s here , just a bunch of rock and rollers trying to keep it together till we can get back to what we love .
Be nice to us , we dont bite !!!