New £29Million RDC Tesco @ Reading

Heya Folks,
So it looks like this will be opening in the early May. This place is HUGE! 160 artics can go in at any one time!

For anyone interested in applying for a job there search indeed for Tesco Reading. I got an interview on Wed which apparently involves a DSA theory and hazzard perception test, a drug & booze test, followed by an interview!

Best if luck to anyone that applies!

hgvhgv:
Heya Folks,
So it looks like this will be opening in the early May. This place is HUGE! 160 artics can go in at any one time!
New Tesco depot in Reading set to create jobs - BBC News

For anyone interested in applying for a job there search indeed for Tesco Reading. I got an interview on Wed which apparently involves a DSA theory and hazzard perception test, a drug & booze test, followed by an interview!

Brush up on your theory need to get 85% or out the door.
Alot of co op drivers have been for interviews i thought about it but dobt really want to travel far plus want out of supermarket work.

160 artics, but I only saw 1 forklift! :grimacing:

TonyP:

He’s going to be very busy :smiley:

160 Trucks at the same time, that’ll be one hell of a Drivers room lol Think of the stories told :wink: :laughing:

160 bays and only 3 available for unloading as the rest are chockablock being used as ad-hoc warehouse space.

tango boy:
160 Trucks at the same time, that’ll be one hell of a Drivers room lol Think of the stories told :wink: :laughing:

sewage works is just down the road to cope with the overflow :laughing:

tango boy:

I heard a good one at Tesco Weybridge the other day. Got asked by another driver if Stobart makes us drive round with the lift axle down when empty so no one knows we’re running round with no load on.

Dan_1986:

hgvhgv:
Heya Folks,

Alot of co op drivers have been for interviews i thought about it but dobt really want to travel far plus want out of supermarket work.

Co-op cant be classed as supermarket work , co-op drivers would jump at the chance of Tesco work tons better than what their doing now

TonyP:

we got loads of them to go in yet :slight_smile:

hgvhgv:
Heya Folks,

I got an interview on Wed which apparently involves a DSA theory and hazzard perception test, a drug & booze test, followed by an interview!

Best of luck with your interview hgvhgv, just make sure you get the details of the contract that is on offer, pay rates and the hours/days that you will be required to work and how they will manage your duties. Dan 1986 is right, make sure you get 85% pass at least on your theory and don’t have any booze the night before if it is an AM interview. Regarding the drugs test, make sure you haven’t taken anything with codine in it in the last 7 days or so. If you have, you might want to try and rearrange you interview. The drugs test will show up anything that contains barbiturates thus causing a fail.

Terry T:
I heard a good one at Tesco Weybridge the other day. Got asked by another driver if Stobart makes us drive round with the lift axle down when empty so no one knows we’re running round with no load on.

I was told to do that on several occasions. Especially when loads were cancelled and I got pulled out!

dri-diddly-iver:

Terry T:

I was told to do that on several occasions. Especially when loads were cancelled and I got pulled out!

No wonder Fiona got stuck in the snow :smiley:

Wow, an RDC rumour turns out to be true. That’s gotta be a first :grimacing:

Why cant co op be classed as supermarket work?

nick2008:

Dan_1986:

hgvhgv:
Heya Folks,

Co-op cant be classed as supermarket work , co-op drivers would jump at the chance of Tesco work tons better than what their doing now

Plus co op drivers couldn’t afford the drop in pay

Terry T:

tango boy:

I heard a good one too; Agency driver picks up a trailer for Magor; Picking up the paperwork they say; " Go to the weightbridge first"… Bloke says “Ok”, then dissapears… Two hours later a call from Weybridge; “What the hell you want with this bloke?? This trailer not ours!!” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

einstein:

hgvhgv:
Heya Folks,

I got an interview on Wed which apparently involves a DSA theory and hazzard perception test, a drug & booze test, followed by an interview!

Best of luck with your interview hgvhgv, just make sure you get the details of the contract that is on offer, pay rates and the hours/days that you will be required to work and how they will manage your duties. Dan 1986 is right, make sure you get 85% pass at least on your theory and don’t have any booze the night before if it is an AM interview. Regarding the drugs test, make sure you haven’t taken anything with codine in it in the last 7 days or so. If you have, you might want to try and rearrange you interview. The drugs test will show up anything that contains barbiturates thus causing a fail.

Thanks for the advice guys. In regards to the drugs test I went to amsterdam recently do they search for those sort of things?
Will keep you posted on the outcome.
Dan do you work for co op by any chance?

hgvhgv:

einstein:

hgvhgv:
Heya Folks,

Thanks for the advice guys. In regards to the drugs test I went to amsterdam recently do they search for those sort of things?
Will keep you posted on the outcome.
Dan do you work for co op by any chance?

Yeah i work for co op well its ND but still yeah.

If you didnt smoke anything but if you did you might be unlucky, ive never had a drugs test since ive worked here and was told id get one at the interview…

Good luck

Terry T:

dri-diddly-iver:

Terry T:

No wonder Fiona got stuck in the snow :smiley:

Wow, an RDC rumour turns out to be true. That’s gotta be a first :grimacing:

the reason they( driver trainers) keep on banging on about running at all times with the midlift down is HEIGHT,there thinking is if you run with the mid lift up on our scania it raises the overall height by 3 inches,so if you run with it down there’s less chance of hitting a bridge :unamused: :unamused: ,forgetting its up.
Just recently on CPC the d.t started banging on about this ,said if he see a stobart truck with it up he rings it in,you will be getting a phone call :unamused: :unamused:
I just ignore it to be honest,previous poster may of been told that who knows,but I’ve only ever been told of height why they want mid lift down.

hgvhgv:
In regards to the drugs test I went to amsterdam recently do they search for those sort of things?

With regards to the drugs test hgvhgv, it will show up if it is still in your system. Cannabis, Cocaine, Herion etc etc can all show up in your system for anything up to 2 months after one single event depending upon the persons metabolism.

Tesco had introduced a zero tolerance policy regarding drug taking and mandatory testing following any sort of accident, be it with an HGV driver or someone working in the warehouse using MHE.